Windows 10: Publish an asp.net web application to the internet

Discus and support Publish an asp.net web application to the internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, We have an asp.net application published locally on IIS in our work network with SQL Server 2012 as a database backend. I was asked to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sub-Zero99, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Publish an asp.net web application to the internet

Hello,

We have an asp.net application published locally on IIS in our work network with SQL Server 2012 as a database backend.

I was asked to publish it online so it can be acccessible through the internet.

I never done this before, could you please help me on how to accomplish this (detailed steps if possible)?

:)

Sub-Zero99, Jan 26, 2019

2. Asp .Net account machine

no im not a developer and i didnt create it because it is built in my system but i suddenly click the ASP. net machine account into administrator

XpEkE FakeR, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Problem configuring ASP on WM6 web server.

Hi All,

I’m currently having a problem getting ASP to run on the Windows Mobile Web Server for Windows Mobile 6

I downloaded the redistributable server components for windows Mobile 5.0 and copied over the ttpd.AMD.cab file to my mobile device and then installed it.

If I go into the settings and remove programs I can see the Microsoft Web Server is listed in the programs. If I go into programs I see no icon for the web server however I’m not sure if I should see anything here.

When I browse through my folders I can see there is a folder \windows\www\wwwpub and there is a default.htm page present. If I open this page up in my browser and I get the default message “The Windows CE web Server is enabled on this devices”

I created an empty ASP page called default.asp. I did not add any asp code in the page just the standard html tags; head, body etc. I tried to open this page in my browser and I get the following error:

“There is no application associated with “default”. Run the application first, then open the file from within the application.”

I did a google search and found the following topic:

social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsmobiledev/thread/badd1c7c-117a-478e-82e4-20ba08e30cc8

From this information I downloaded and installed the httpd.ARM.cab file.

I then checked to make sure the asp.dll, jscript.dll and vbscript.dll is present in the \windows folder, which they are present.

I tried my default.asp page again and got the same error.

At this point I’m guessing that I need some registry entries to associate the .asp extension with the Windows Mobile Web Server so I followed the instructions found here:

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee499507.aspx

I downloaded a registry tool for my device:

www.wmexperts.com/articles/howto/how_to_edit_the_registry.html

using the above tool I navigated to the:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMM\HTTPD] I then added a key :

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMM\HTTPD\ScriptMap]

and added the following string value:

“.asp”=”\windows\asp.dll”

Retested my default.asp page and still got the same error.

I’m at a loss on where to go next.

My questions are as follows:

Am I missing out a stage in the process to get this to work?

Does anyone know what else I can try to get an asp page to work with the windows mobile web server?

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Regards

David

David Bell IQX, Jan 26, 2019
  4. GTaylor2 Win User

Publish an asp.net web application to the internet

ASP NET machine account

The last time Windows 10 updated itself ASP NET machine account took over my admin. and now I can,t update ,uninstall or install new apps.

How do I get rid of it?

GTaylor2, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Publish an asp.net web application to the internet

1. Publish an asp.net web application to the internet - Similar Threads - Publish asp net

2. ASP .NET application hangs with IIS 8 and Windows server 2012 R2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASP .NET application hangs with IIS 8 and Windows server 2012 R2: Hello Microsoft Community ,I have an issue that i can't identify it from where it's happening , so let me introduce the issue in bullet points format :Am deploying a .NET Framework application , separated into frontend and backend part into iis in a windows 2012 server .The...
  3. ASP .NET application hangs with IIS 8 and Windows server 2012 R2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASP .NET application hangs with IIS 8 and Windows server 2012 R2: Hello Microsoft Community ,I have an issue that i can't identify it from where it's happening , so let me introduce the issue in bullet points format :Am deploying a .NET Framework application , separated into frontend and backend part into iis in a windows 2012 server .The...
  4. ASP Classic 3.0 support

ASP Classic 3.0 support: Hello,I am conducting security assessments for Hitachi Energy and was wondering whether you could answer the following questions for me regarding ASP Classic version 3.0? Could you please provide me with the answers to the following questions?What is the latest version of the...
  5. Questions regarding publishing windows applications

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Questions regarding publishing windows applications: Hello, Microsoft community,I would like to publish some of my open source paid/subscription application.I have the following questions in which I would like the community to answer.1. Can I publish .Net Framework4.7.2 C# Winforms application to Windows App store?2. Can I not...
  6. Microsoft Web Publishing Wizard Restoration

Microsoft Web Publishing Wizard Restoration: I accidently deleted Microsoft Web Publishing Wizard. Where do I go to find and reinstall this program? I have searched my computer and everywhere else to find it. Where is this thing?!...
  7. No Internet Access, But Accessible On Web Browsing And Can't Access Some Application That...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet Access, But Accessible On Web Browsing And Can't Access Some Application That...: I have some issue that my wifi has no internet access, but fortunately, I still can web browse, but some application like Windows Update, Spotify that requires the internet can't be accessed. I already restart my router and try reinstalling my driver and reset the network. It...
  8. Change .aspx web to web application

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change .aspx web to web application: Dear Team, Im new to .net environment,My doubt is if i make a .net mvc in visual studio it wil work in edge or chrome any other browsers,So how they r working as webapplication???? My doubt is My company is using web application,But it i can found in bin...
  9. .NET applications crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    .NET applications crashing: I have this weird problem that almost every .NET application crashes, including .NET Core 3.0. (2.2 runs fine) Noticed this first with Visual Studio Installer and Visual Studio. ServiceHub is almost constantly crashing. Several error logs are being reported in the event...
  10. .NET Core Container Images now Published to MCR

in Windows 10 News
    .NET Core Container Images now Published to MCR: We are now publishing .NET Core container images to Microsoft Container Registry (MCR). We have also made other changes to the images we publish, described in this post. Important: You will need to change FROM statements in Dockerfile files and docker pull commands as a...