Windows 10: Published apps on Microsoft Remote Desktop App stuck on connecting on Windows tablet but...

Discus and support Published apps on Microsoft Remote Desktop App stuck on connecting on Windows tablet but... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, we have been using Windows Remote Desktop App (latest ver. 10.1.1107.0) for more than a year now to connect remotely to our published apps on our... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RayJay13, Oct 3, 2019.

1. RayJay13 Win User

Published apps on Microsoft Remote Desktop App stuck on connecting on Windows tablet but...

Hi, we have been using Windows Remote Desktop App (latest ver. 10.1.1107.0) for more than a year now to connect remotely to our published apps on our Server 2016 remote desktop server. We use a remote desktop gateway and an ISA as the gateway server. Before we changed to the Windows tablets, our users were using the iOs version of the remote desktop on their iPads and with the same setup for a few years. And for almost 3 weeks now, it has not been working, when the users try to launch a published app under remote resources in the app, it would just be stuck at "connecting" and you have to close the window to exit from it and we'll get the error "couldn't connect. something went wrong when we tried to connect. if this keeps happening, ask your admin or tech support for help."

It's possible that it may be a Windows update or a remote desktop app update that caused it to fail which I can't figure out and can't find any other reports on the web yet. The surprising thing is when I tried it on the iPad and an iPhone with the Remote Desktop App (version 8.1.42), it's still working and I can launch and use the published apps. Currently, our users are using the old remote desktop connection program with the rdgateway settings and it has been frustrating for them as it's easier to just open the remote desktop app and click the published app and most of them are not tech savvy.

Has anyone encountered this issue and found a solution for it? Hopefully someone from Microsoft has a solution for it.

Thank you.

:)

RayJay13, Oct 3, 2019

2. Remote Desktop Services App on Windows 10 hangs when opening published apps

Remote Desktop Services App on Windows 10 hangs when opening published apps

I have a remote desktop services deployment with 1 gateway, 1 connection broker and 2 session hosts. When clients connect using IE to the web app, there are no issues at all. If they connect using Remote Application and Desktop
    Connection again, no issues running the published apps. However if they run the remote desktop app from the Windows Store, the published apps show up, but when they try to connect to any of them a window opens and it says connecting with the ever present
    scrolling dots.

Looking at the event viewer on the connection broker under Terminal Services - SessionBroker -Client Operational it shows that the session has been successfully forwarded to the session host, and the client shows that the connection
    has been established. Furthermore, the session host shows that the Listener RDP-Tcp received a connection. It also shows that the session has exceeded its disconnect time and was logged off then Remote Desktop Services Network Fair Share was disabled for
    the user followed by a logout message.

This has been very frustrating for us to say the least. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Michael F. Gruber, Oct 3, 2019
  3. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 3, 2019
  4. farlex85 Win User

Published apps on Microsoft Remote Desktop App stuck on connecting on Windows tablet but...

Remote app for android

I recently traded in my iphone for an android, and just realized that hippo remote is iphone only. I'm looking for a similar app for android so I can use it as a remote for my htpc. Any suggestions?

farlex85, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Published apps on Microsoft Remote Desktop App stuck on connecting on Windows tablet but... - Similar Threads - Published apps Microsoft

2. Microsoft Remote Desktop App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Remote Desktop App: So I'm trying to set up the remote desktop app on my iOS device it goes to connect to my pc fine but then asks for a user account but no matter how I type it it doesn't work.I log in to my PC with a Microsoft account not a local account.I tried creating a random local account...
  3. Microsoft Remote Desktop App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Remote Desktop App: So I'm trying to set up the remote desktop app on my iOS device it goes to connect to my pc fine but then asks for a user account but no matter how I type it it doesn't work.I log in to my PC with a Microsoft account not a local account.I tried creating a random local account...
  4. Microsoft Remote Desktop App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Remote Desktop App: I have two versions of Microsoft Remote DesktopPC1- Version 10.2.1817.0PC2- Version 1.2.3130.0 x64The 10.2.x version includes capability to add 'PCs' & 'Workspaces' as opposed to the 1.2.x which only allows adding 'Workspaces'. Has adding PCs been removed in in later version...
  5. Microsoft Remote Desktop App

Microsoft Remote Desktop App: I have two versions of Microsoft Remote DesktopPC1- Version 10.2.1817.0PC2- Version 1.2.3130.0 x64The 10.2.x version includes capability to add 'PCs' & 'Workspaces' as opposed to the 1.2.x which only allows adding 'Workspaces'. Has adding PCs been removed in in later version...
  6. Issues using Remote Desktop Connection but not Remote Desktop App?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues using Remote Desktop Connection but not Remote Desktop App?: Hello, I have tried a couple of things to make Remote Desktop Connection work with no results. I verified my firewall and that Remote Desktop was checked, I pinged my works router while connected to the VPN and it works, I unchecked the "only allow connections from...
  7. Remote Desktop Connection App Crashed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote Desktop Connection App Crashed: I am used to using the remote app to control my pcs on the other side of the house on local network. Recently, every time I tried to make a connection via the app, the app would crash by itself for no reason at all. I am able to remote control my pcs using the android app....
  8. Remote Desktop App Stuck Updating

Remote Desktop App Stuck Updating: There seems to be a problem with the Remote Desktop Store App. It is stuck on downloading the update. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling but problem still persists. [ATTACH]...
  9. Remote Desktop App stuck on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop App stuck on startup: I have been using the Remote Desktop App from Microsoft Store now for some time https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/microsoft-remote-desktop/9wzdncrfj3ps?activetab=pivot:overviewtab. Since some time back, it wont start but freezes on startup, just showing the orange background...
  10. Microsoft Remote Desktop APP (NOT Connection!) Multiple Monitors

Microsoft Remote Desktop APP (NOT Connection!) Multiple Monitors: Just switched to Windows Server 2016 Standard implementing RDS. We want remote users to be able to use Timezone redirection and enabled it in Group Policy. It does not work with the Remote Desktop Connection so after hours of trying we tried the Microsoft Remote Desktop APP....