Windows 10: Publisher MediaTek Blocked?

Discus and support Publisher MediaTek Blocked? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've posted a thread in the Networking section, but this may be better classified as a security issue ... Alfa AWUS036NH Wi-Fi Adapter Driver:... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by nigelmercier, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Publisher MediaTek Blocked?

nigelmercier, Nov 6, 2015

2. Windows 10 - Wifi - Limited Connection only

Same problem

Driver Information

Name: 802.11n USB Wireless LAN Card

Provider: MediaTek Inc.

Driver Date: 10/1/2014

Driver Version: 5.1.19.0

Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

WilkinsonOcciano, Nov 6, 2015
  3. ferritp7 Win User
    • MediaTek Inc. - Other hardware - MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM (Android

What is this update for and what does it do; is it to do with connecting my android 5.1 smart phone

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

ferritp7, Nov 6, 2015
  4. simrick Win User

Publisher MediaTek Blocked?

simrick, Nov 6, 2015
  5. nigelmercier, Nov 7, 2015
  6. simrick Win User
    Sorry, I'm not very good with certificates, but it looks to me like MediaTek let their certificate expire? Nope, just saw the 2017 date....it's been revoked, not sure why.

Maybe you could contact them, and point them to this thread, and ask them why it's been revoked and how to resolve this? Seems to me they have to sort it out with Verisign and Symantec, nothing you can do.

Contact Locations - MediaTek

Honestly, I don't think I'd even want to try and figure out how to bypass a revoked certificate on my system....(although we just did it basically for you - to get the thing installed...)

simrick, Nov 8, 2015
  7. No reply from MediaTek, and I've now tried another file from them and another PC.

Is there a way to extract the files from the EXE?

nigelmercier, Nov 28, 2015
  8. simrick Win User

7-zip might be able to do that.

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Publisher MediaTek Blocked? - Similar Threads - Publisher MediaTek Blocked

2. Publisher freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Publisher freezing: I'm having an issue with Office 2016 Publisher freezing and unable to open any existing publisher files.The whole system seems sluggish as well.I have run a repair on the office installation with MS Support and I have run a repairing install on windows. and the behavior...
  3. Publisher

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Publisher: Why is publisher so painfully slow to use and why are there no print previews before printing ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/publisher/851a65f8-40bc-4416-8008-a0caa1dae292
  4. Mediatek RT2870 Application

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mediatek RT2870 Application: I have an application Mediatek RT1870 Wireless LAN showing up on myu list of installed applications and it is using up over 5GB of space. Is this normal? Can I remove it? I have checked my wireless adapter and it states that it is a Dell adapter which would make sense as...
  5. Publisher: Unknown - This app has been blocked for your protection.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Publisher: Unknown - This app has been blocked for your protection.: I'm attempting to install software that is from a trusted source, where the publisher is identified as unknown. I get... "This app has been blocked for your protection." How do I turn off this protection so that I can install my software? Windows 10, Version 1909, OS Build...
  6. This publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine

in Windows 10 News
    This publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]At times, when you try to open a file, you may see a Open File Security Warning box saying – This publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine, You must unblock this publisher to run this software. [...] This post This publisher has been...
  7. Publisher

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Publisher: Recently updated to W10. Went to print out a calendar using my Publisher program, only to discover it won't print it out. Printer works on other tasks (outside of Publisher). I believe it won't print out because of the recent upgrade to W10. Is there a solution/work around...
  8. Mediatek Driver not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mediatek Driver not working: In windows 7 mediatek driver is work. i can flash android firmware via "SP-FLASH-TOOLS" but in windows 10 software install but "SP-FLASH-TOOLS" doesn't recognize phone.... PLZ tell me what do ... to solve the problem.......... 19621
  9. Publisher not Trusted, App blocked for 'protection'

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Publisher not Trusted, App blocked for 'protection': Hi all. I upgraded from 7 to 10 over the weekend. Few minor issues with graphics drivers, but everything was working smoothly. When I went to open my VPN (Torguard), I received a UAC error message, stating that the app had been blocked for my protection, citing an...
  10. Alfa AWUS036NH Wi-Fi Adapter Driver: Publisher MediaTek Blocked?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Alfa AWUS036NH Wi-Fi Adapter Driver: Publisher MediaTek Blocked?: I have an Alfa AWUS036NH Wireless USB Wi-Fi Adapter, which has a Ralink RT2870 chip. Alfa don't have a Windows 10 driver, so I downloaded the driver from MediaTek (MediaTek bought Ralink a few years ago): MediaTek - Semiconductor Technology and Cutting-Edge SoC Their site...