Windows 10: Publisher not Trusted, App blocked for 'protection'

Discus and support Publisher not Trusted, App blocked for 'protection' in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi all. I upgraded from 7 to 10 over the weekend. Few minor issues with graphics drivers, but everything was working smoothly. When I went to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by GirvoGiovanni, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Publisher not Trusted, App blocked for 'protection'

Hi all.

I upgraded from 7 to 10 over the weekend. Few minor issues with graphics drivers, but everything was working smoothly.

When I went to open my VPN (Torguard), I received a UAC error message, stating that the app had been blocked for my protection, citing an untrustworthy publisher.

It was working fine with Windows 7, and is a reasonably well-used app.

I googled around, and activated the administrator account and re-installed on that account. Unfortunately, the same error occurred. Most other searches have suggested the same.
    I have disabled Windows SmartScreen, and there isn't a 'Run Anyway' option.

Please advise!
    Thanks

Publisher not Trusted, App blocked for 'protection' [​IMG]

:)

GirvoGiovanni, Jul 30, 2016

2. Win 10 UAC will not let me install

I have long since checked permissions. I am the only administrator (and only user) on this computer.

The exact message: This app has been blocked for your protection.

An administrator has blocked you from running this app.

Publisher NOT TRUSTED.

I know and trust the publisher.

EdwardKeeley, Jul 30, 2016
  3. Win 10 UAC will not let me install

I have long since checked permissions. I am the only administrator (and only user) on this computer.

The exact message: This app has been blocked for your protection.

An administrator has blocked you from running this app.

Publisher NOT TRUSTED.

I know and trust the publisher.

EdwardKeeley, Jul 30, 2016
  4. Publisher not Trusted, App blocked for 'protection'

I also just tried to use PowerShell to unblock the file, and then the folder. Unfortunately nothing has worked yet.

GirvoGiovanni, Jul 30, 2016
  5. Trust_No1 Win User
    I am curious if you ran it as a local user with Cortana turned off and things like that, if it would work. My reasoning is that it blocks MS from performing searches and thus MS will block it no matter what you do, unless you turn off all the bells and whistles of Windows 10. Using Windows 7, certain aspects for Windows may have been blocked, which you never realized but the software still ran. Just a thought.

Trust_No1, Jul 30, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, Windows 10 introduces a range of additional certification checks - you can research that further if you wish.

As using an admin account hasn't worked for you, you can try FileUnsigner as per this video
    Windows 10: This app has been blocked for your protection - YouTube

Caveat: I make no personal recommendation as to whether this is a safe or advisable procedure.

dalchina, Jul 30, 2016
  7. Thanks mate. Unfortunately FileUnsigner returns an error message that access to the /dir is denied.

I'll keep trying.

GirvoGiovanni, Aug 5, 2016
  8. Publisher not Trusted, App blocked for 'protection'

I was able to open the program through CMD by manually entering the directory.

Still unable to open it normally, unfortunately.

GirvoGiovanni, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Publisher not Trusted, App blocked for 'protection'

1. Publisher not Trusted, App blocked for 'protection' - Similar Threads - Publisher Trusted App

2. APP BLOCKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    APP BLOCKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION: Hi,I bought a Lenovo laptop with win 11 home ed, I was able to download and install all the apps I needed except for one, I have already searched and tried the solutions that I saw online but still not working.I cannot find the gpedit.msc so i downloaded the PolicyPlus app...
  3. Trusted Publisher - Code Signing Certificate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trusted Publisher - Code Signing Certificate: I am working on trying code signing on my test environment and have now created a certificate template on my CA that I can request with my user. The certificate expires after one year, but in my Powershell script I give a timestamp server when signing. So the signed script...
  4. Trusted Publisher - Code Signing Certificate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trusted Publisher - Code Signing Certificate: I am working on trying code signing on my test environment and have now created a certificate template on my CA that I can request with my user. The certificate expires after one year, but in my Powershell script I give a timestamp server when signing. So the signed script...
  5. Trusted Publisher - Code Signing Certificate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Publisher: Unknown - This app has been blocked for your protection.

Publisher: Unknown - This app has been blocked for your protection.: I'm attempting to install software that is from a trusted source, where the publisher is identified as unknown. I get... "This app has been blocked for your protection." How do I turn off this protection so that I can install my software? Windows 10, Version 1909, OS Build...
  7. Trusted Publisher or Trusted softwares

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trusted Publisher or Trusted softwares: How do I get to know that which apps are trusted that I am currently using? Need an experts help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/trusted-publisher-or-trusted-softwares/444449a2-3476-4ff1-bcce-5b00a9364038
  8. should I trust ANVISOFT publisher?

should I trust ANVISOFT publisher?: 6 months ago I've downloaded an app called ANVI FOLDER LOCKER by ANVISOFT publisher. Now I got to know about this publisher is, the creator of ANVISOFT is a CHINESE HACKER. Now I'm worried about my personal data, privacy did they all go to the creator, should I still trust...
  9. Publisher MediaTek Blocked?

Publisher MediaTek Blocked?: I've posted a thread in the Networking section, but this may be better classified as a security issue ... Alfa AWUS036NH Wi-Fi Adapter Driver: Publisher MediaTek Blocked? 29078
  10. getting mesage publisher can not be trusted, unable to install app

in Microsoft Office and 365
    getting mesage publisher can not be trusted, unable to install app: Trying to install irfanview.....get error message untrustworthy publisher... researched ed how to solve this, but having no luck, have unblocked file and running as admin... tried ed elevated command prompt and Net user administrator /active:yes this enables the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7 trusted publisher not working