Windows 10: Pubmed is not reachable

Discus and support Pubmed is not reachable in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello folks, This issue started about a week ago, and I can not figure out what caused it and how to address it. I use Pubmed (Home - PubMed -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by crackhammer, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Pubmed is not reachable

Hello folks,

This issue started about a week ago, and I can not figure out what caused it and how to address it.

I use Pubmed (Home - PubMed - NCBI) a lot in my work. In a day, I visit that website at least 15-20 times.
    One fine day, nothing changed but Pubmed was not reachable. Chrome gives me an error 'ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED'

I ignored on the first day, thinking may be its undergoing some maintenance or something, still website not accessible is highly unusual, even during maintenance period. But the saga continued. I have no problem accessing any other websites. I googled to see if anyone else got this problem and how they addressed it. Except one on Mac board, nobody reported a solution that has worked. I don't know how to replicate those Mac ideas on PC so here I am.

I cleaned cache, tried incognito mode on Chrome, turned off machine, router for a while to reset DNS. Flushed DNS using command prompt. None solved the problem. I tried other browsers as well, Edge and Firefox, no luck there as well.

Since majority of the folks in my apartment complex have Optimum, we have a lot of Optimumwifi signal. I tried connecting to Optimumwifi and see if I can access Pubmed. I can. So there must be some issue with the router. This router is provided by Optimum so I can not play around with much of it. Still what else I can try to fix this issue?

Many thanks

:)

crackhammer, Jul 5, 2016
  2. Noizedrop Win User

Issues after Update / Support is not reachable at all

Hey,

First of all thank you for replying to my furious post...i really appreciate it after ahours of trying to contact support somehow.

Regarding your questions.

Pc Model:

Self Build 64 Bit System (was running without any issues before update)

IntelCore i7-4790K @ 4.00 GHZ

Bios American Megatrends Inc. p1.90, 11.12.2013

Motherboard Asrock Fatality

16 GB Ram

Nvidia GTX 1070

2TB Harddrive

Windows 10 Pro

Version 1709 ( Build 16299.192)

I do not get any error messages what makes these issues even more complicated as they are hard to locate. All of the above mentioned issues appeared only after the update.

i already run the Update Troubleshooter without any noticeable differences.

I will now try the Servicing Stack Update. hope that does not create any further issues.

EDIT: did not resolve the issue also not the next steps in the troubleshooter...currently running the sfc/scannow in powershell

cheers,

Nils

Noizedrop, Jul 5, 2016
  3. Noizedrop Win User
    Issues after Update / Support is not reachable at all

Hey I've run into severe Issues with my computer after a forced update from win 10.

I tried to contact the support but the horrible contact agent (chat bot) keeps repeating the same **** over and over...when i click contact via chat...it restarts...contact via call a small window opens and keeps refreshing for ever... that happens on all attempts.
    there is no way for me to contact support except for this.

Yesterday windows forced one of it's annyoing updates upon me...it asked me every god damn hour to do it until i didnt notice it early enough and it happened by itself... after 2 hours of god damn updating my whole computer was screwed

Now Cortana is broken cannot access her at all...search bar is gone. no way of enabling it.

i cannot access most of my settings as i always keep getting redirected to the initial settings page

My Wacom tablet is completly **** over... i keep getting the infamous hold for right click issue despite it beeing clearly disabled in the settings.

the tablet is not recognised as wacom tablet anymore and is not recognised by it's drivers anymore.

i also have to restart the wacom service manually to get it to work in the first place...it doesnt work automatically anymore after starting the computer

I have Issues when i try to connect to online games and stuff it just won't be able to create a connection randomly.

There is far more that i cannot describe as i havn't figured out what kind of **** exaclty is going on...

I'm pissed and frustrated that a **** update wasted a complete day trying to fix my computer and still beeing left with no support and no results.

I need help getting this PC running again asap. And i need help getting these absolute **** forced updates disabled.

I'm deeply frustrated with microsoft and their horrible business decisions since win10....

Sorry for beeing vulgar...but i'm really at a point where my nerves can't handle all this **** anymore

Noizedrop, Jul 5, 2016
Thema:

Pubmed is not reachable

1. Pubmed is not reachable - Similar Threads - Pubmed reachable

2. Sound then system freeze but explorer is still reachable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound then system freeze but explorer is still reachable: I'm experiencing weird random freezes on my computer:* The whole system progressively freezes and parts of the explorer are still reachable while some others are not I can close some windows but not all of them - sometimes the start button freezes as well. * In every case I...
  3. Sound then system freeze but explorer is still reachable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound then system freeze but explorer is still reachable: I'm experiencing weird random freezes on my computer:* The whole system progressively freezes and parts of the explorer are still reachable while some others are not I can close some windows but not all of them - sometimes the start button freezes as well. * In every case I...
  4. PC is not reachable from local network but still has internet access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is not reachable from local network but still has internet access: I have 3 win 11 PCs and they all are connected on my local network. This HP PC normally works fine but about every 3 days it is not reachable through my network, The PC does not lose internet access but my other PC cannot reach the this PC Ping does not work. The other PC...
  5. PC is not reachable from local network but still has internet access

PC is not reachable from local network but still has internet access: I have 3 win 11 PCs and they all are connected on my local network. This HP PC normally works fine but about every 3 days it is not reachable through my network, The PC does not lose internet access but my other PC cannot reach the this PC Ping does not work. The other PC...
  6. MSFS 2020 Steam Version startet nicht - Authentication Server not reachable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSFS 2020 Steam Version startet nicht - Authentication Server not reachable: Hallo,Ich spiele den MSFS2020 seit Anbeginn. In letzter Zeit aber aus Zeitmangel seit Monaten schon nicht mehr.Nun wollte ich ihn wieder starten. Updates gleich zu Beginn: Authentication Server not reachableLange herum probiert, schlußendlich das ganze OS Windows 11 neu...
  7. MSFS 2020 Steam Version startet nicht - Authentication Server not reachable

MSFS 2020 Steam Version startet nicht - Authentication Server not reachable: Hallo,Ich spiele den MSFS2020 seit Anbeginn. In letzter Zeit aber aus Zeitmangel seit Monaten schon nicht mehr.Nun wollte ich ihn wieder starten. Updates gleich zu Beginn: Authentication Server not reachableLange herum probiert, schlußendlich das ganze OS Windows 11 neu...
  8. windows 10 has 20 second lag before local Lan downloaded files are reachable. eg all small...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 has 20 second lag before local Lan downloaded files are reachable. eg all small...: windows 10 version is experiencing a 20 second lag before local Lan downloaded files are reachable. eg all small files ~5 kb. PC is not connected to internet. Trying to determine delay. Files are downloaded fromt he browser, and are attempted from chrome, firefox, Edge. HAve...
  9. windows 10 has 20 second lag before local Lan downloaded files are reachable. eg all small...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 has 20 second lag before local Lan downloaded files are reachable. eg all small...: windows 10 version is experiencing a 20 second lag before local Lan downloaded files are reachable. eg all small files ~5 kb. PC is not connected to internet. Trying to determine delay. Files are downloaded fromt he browser, and are attempted from chrome, firefox, Edge. HAve...
  10. windows 10 has 20 second lag before local Lan downloaded files are reachable. eg all small...