Windows 10: Pulling error logs from Windows 2012 Print Server

Discus and support Pulling error logs from Windows 2012 Print Server in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have a server I use to manage all the 20-some printers in our office. Every morning I run a batch file to clear the print spooler folder, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ystebo, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Ystebo Win User

Pulling error logs from Windows 2012 Print Server

Hello, I have a server I use to manage all the 20-some printers in our office. Every morning I run a batch file to clear the print spooler folder, and I would like to set up this batch file to also grab the printers with errors, and what the error is, from the “Devices and Printers” page and output to a notepad file. Is it possible to grab this information with command prompt and if so, how would I do it.

:)

Ystebo, Jun 7, 2019

2. Windows server 2012 Printing Problems

I have a windows server 2012 that for the most part is up to date.

I have installed printers successfully but nothing ever prints. I can see jobs going to the spoiler and they quickly disappears like it is printing someplace. I Have no errors in the event viewer the driver seems to be working but it is not sending the
    jobs to the printer..

I Have tried to let the HP software set up the port and I have manfully configured the port with the IP address and I get the same thing. I CANNOT print

Can anyone give me some advice as to what I am doing wrong?

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank a bunch

Gary

GaryHenry2, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Server 2012

IF you want to try seizing the FSMO roles to see if it will help, here is a quick guide (this should be done on the DC you want to keep):

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...ation-master-roles-in-windows-server-2012-r2/

Knowing that this is a DC now I'm really convinced that something is wrong with the AD account for this particular server. It's possible that the promotion to a DC didn't work correctly leaving you with a sort of broken DC.

A reboot is always worth a shot; has that been tried Ahhzz? If it has, then the next step would be to demote this DC and rejoin it to the domain. Once rejoined you can run DCPromo again. Microsoft best practice is to have at least 2 DCs for redundancy.

Wastedslayer, Jun 7, 2019
  4. suraswami Win User

suraswami, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Pulling error logs from Windows 2012 Print Server - Similar Threads - Pulling error logs

2. WinRM log forwarding in Windows 2012 R2 Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinRM log forwarding in Windows 2012 R2 Server: I have various server in Active Directory with different Roles like SCCM server, Database Server, MS Lync, MS Exchange 2013 and MS Share Point Server.For their Security logs auditing, we have RSA Netwitness Platform.In of them some of services configured via WinRM method for...
  3. WinRM log forwarding in Windows 2012 R2 Server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinRM log forwarding in Windows 2012 R2 Server: I have various server in Active Directory with different Roles like SCCM server, Database Server, MS Lync, MS Exchange 2013 and MS Share Point Server.For their Security logs auditing, we have RSA Netwitness Platform.In of them some of services configured via WinRM method for...
  4. SQL Server 2012 Collation Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SQL Server 2012 Collation Error: The query:USE vPICList_lite;SELECT *FROM ABS runs correctly in SQL Server 2012The query:[dbo].[spVinDecode] @v = N'3VWRF81H2WM128705'returns:Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure spVinDecode, Line 282Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_CI_AS" and...
  5. SQL Server 2012 Collation Error

SQL Server 2012 Collation Error: The query:USE vPICList_lite;SELECT *FROM ABS runs correctly in SQL Server 2012The query:[dbo].[spVinDecode] @v = N'3VWRF81H2WM128705'returns:Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure spVinDecode, Line 282Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_CI_AS" and...
  6. SQL Server 2012 Collation Error

7. Windows server 2012 R2 and windows server 2019 User log in issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows server 2012 R2 and windows server 2019 User log in issue: After the latest windows server update in January 2022 I got a problem to log into my user account on all my updated servers. Its the same issue for 2012 and 2019 version of the windows server.When I log into the server with my administrator account, it seems like everything...
  8. Windows server 2012 R2 and windows server 2019 User log in issue

Windows server 2012 R2 and windows server 2019 User log in issue: After the latest windows server update in January 2022 I got a problem to log into my user account on all my updated servers. Its the same issue for 2012 and 2019 version of the windows server.When I log into the server with my administrator account, it seems like everything...
  9. Moving a script from Windows Server 2008 to Server 2012.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Moving a script from Windows Server 2008 to Server 2012.: I have a script that runs on Windows Server 2008 that will not work on Windows 2012. It is connecting to an Oracle database that can connect on both servers. The line that fails is the connection string below. Const sConnectionString = "DRIVER={Microsoft ODBC for...
  10. sql server 2012 installation Error

sql server 2012 installation Error: i am trying to install sql server 2012 on my laptop but it is not working. i am getting an error box with no message. i have attached the screenshot[ATTACH]...