Windows 10: Pulling error logs from Windows 2012 Print Server

Discus and support Pulling error logs from Windows 2012 Print Server in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have a server I use to manage all the 20-some printers in our office. Every morning I run a batch file to clear the print spooler folder, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ystebo, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Ystebo Win User

Pulling error logs from Windows 2012 Print Server

Hello, I have a server I use to manage all the 20-some printers in our office. Every morning I run a batch file to clear the print spooler folder, and I would like to set up this batch file to also grab the printers with errors, and what the error is, from the “Devices and Printers” page and output to a notepad file. Is it possible to grab this information with command prompt and if so, how would I do it.

:)

Ystebo, Jun 7, 2019

2. Windows server 2012 Printing Problems

I have a windows server 2012 that for the most part is up to date.

I have installed printers successfully but nothing ever prints. I can see jobs going to the spoiler and they quickly disappears like it is printing someplace. I Have no errors in the event viewer the driver seems to be working but it is not sending the
    jobs to the printer..

I Have tried to let the HP software set up the port and I have manfully configured the port with the IP address and I get the same thing. I CANNOT print

Can anyone give me some advice as to what I am doing wrong?

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank a bunch

Gary

GaryHenry2, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Server 2012

IF you want to try seizing the FSMO roles to see if it will help, here is a quick guide (this should be done on the DC you want to keep):

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...ation-master-roles-in-windows-server-2012-r2/

Knowing that this is a DC now I'm really convinced that something is wrong with the AD account for this particular server. It's possible that the promotion to a DC didn't work correctly leaving you with a sort of broken DC.

A reboot is always worth a shot; has that been tried Ahhzz? If it has, then the next step would be to demote this DC and rejoin it to the domain. Once rejoined you can run DCPromo again. Microsoft best practice is to have at least 2 DCs for redundancy.

Wastedslayer, Jun 7, 2019
  4. suraswami Win User

suraswami, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Pulling error logs from Windows 2012 Print Server - Similar Threads - Pulling error logs

2. sql server 2012 installation Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sql server 2012 installation Error: i am trying to install sql server 2012 on my laptop but it is not working. i am getting an error box with no message. i have attached the screenshot[ATTACH]...
  3. printing issue in Redircted printer in RDP server 2012 r2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printing issue in Redircted printer in RDP server 2012 r2: host os -windows 10 printer-hp laserjet 1020 printing issue in Redircted printer in RDP server 2012 r2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-issue-in-redircted-printer-in-rdp-server/f636f84d-ceab-41c2-bcd0-8dc3acbdeb43
  4. Windows 10 File Shares not accessible from Server 2012

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Shares not accessible from Server 2012: We have a newly imaged Windows 10 box that we will be using as an SCCM DP. Currently the Central server cannot access the file shares on the Windows 10 box, after digging deeper we have found that other Windows 10 boxes can hit file shares on it, but Server 2012 R2 systems...
  5. Server 2012 question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Server 2012 question: I have a computer running windows 10, the upgraded version from 8. It has a windows server 2012 R2 running on it and I would like to do a reinstall for the windows 10 to clean up my system but how do I get the 2012 R2 back on there? As far as I know I do not have a disc for...
  6. Server 2012 & Remote Server Admin Tools

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Server 2012 & Remote Server Admin Tools: I'm trying to install RAST for Server 2012r2. The first time I ran it it installed KB2693643 but after that nothing happens. I restarted, went to Programs & Features, Turn Windows features on or off and RSAT is not there. I tried boot to safe mode with networking as this has...
  7. windows edge and server 2012 RWA

in Browsers and Email
    windows edge and server 2012 RWA: I am testing windows 10 pro. I have tried to connect to my corporate office using RWA. the server 2012 returns a message that my browser is not supported (edge) and to download I.E. . how do you get either edge to work with Microsoft server 2012 or install a Internet explorer...
  8. WOL stopped working after upgrade from Server 2012 to Server 2016

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WOL stopped working after upgrade from Server 2012 to Server 2016: .. hoping I can get some help on this. Driving me nuts! Since upgrading to Windows Server 2016, WOL doesn't work for me. I've ruled out network or router issues, since it works perfectly fine on my Windows 7 machine. I have 3 NICs in a team, but that's irrelevant, since...
  9. Print Server

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print Server: Howdy folks, I have an Elite Silicon 4-port USB server that I used to have connected to my router when using W7. Since upgrading to W10 (x64 Pro) I haven't needed to use it but SWMBO is whining about having to turn my PC on to use the Epson sat in my office so I thought...
  10. Stuck on server 2012 screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck on server 2012 screen: I purchases comp p.c. from flee market when startup, goes to windows sever 2012 screen and askes for admin ,userand password.in russian, ive set my info in bias screen,and can enter that way but cant get past or remove problem ,im green as far as computersgo and anyhelp...