Windows 10: Punctuation not working while using the dictation tool Windows + h

Discus and support Punctuation not working while using the dictation tool Windows + h in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,While using the Windows + h dictation tool, I will say 'full stop' but it will not change it to an actual full stop instead of the words. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Katie115, Aug 24, 2022.

1. Katie115 Win User

Punctuation not working while using the dictation tool Windows + h

Hi,While using the Windows + h dictation tool, I will say 'full stop' but it will not change it to an actual full stop instead of the words. I have tried with other punctuation when dictating and it still will not work.Thanks Katie

:)

Katie115, Aug 24, 2022

2. Dictation not working.

Hello Lina,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. Are you using dictation in Windows or Office application?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. Did you make any changes to the computer before this issue started?

I suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps:

Step 1: To dictate text:

1. Open Speech Recognition by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking Ease of Access, and then clicking Windows Speech Recognition.

2. Say "start listening" or click the Microphone button to start the listening mode.

3. Open the program you want to use or select the text box you want to dictate text into.

4. Say the text that you want dictate.

Step 2: You may refer Microsoft article related to Dictating text:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4042244/windows-10-use-dictation

Dictate text using Speech Recognition

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking "Yes or No.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Aug 24, 2022
  3. Windows key+H dictation not working in Microsoft Word.

Have you tried the control panel speech recognition I suggested?

You can find this by going into Control Panel > type in "Speech Recognition" and then set up a microphone. then continue to turn it on and use it instead of win+H dictation.

Zackary Vanosdol, Aug 24, 2022
  4. CBGB JRE Win User

Windows 1803 Dictation (Windows Key + H) Not Working

Hi,

I installed Windows 1803 last week and was using the Windows Key + H combo to activate the dictation feature. I successfully used dictation to compose some e-mails this way. This week, however, when I press the same key combination, nothing happens. The
    dictation feature does not activate.

I'm in Canada and hadn't adjusted my location or speech language settings after the install, they were set to Canada and English (Canada). I have tried changing them to United States and English (United States), but the Windows Key + H combination still
    does nothing.

I also updated another computer in my home yesterday to 1803, and the Windows Key + H combo has not worked on it even once.

Any light you can shed on this problem would be greatly appreciated. It would have been nice to have dictated this message!

Thanks in advance for your help,

Randy

CBGB JRE, Aug 24, 2022
Thema:

1. Punctuation not working while using the dictation tool Windows + h - Similar Threads - Punctuation working while

2. Punctuation not working while using the dictation tool Windows + h

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Punctuation not working while using the dictation tool Windows + h: Hi,While using the Windows + h dictation tool, I will say 'full stop' but it will not change it to an actual full stop instead of the words. I have tried with other punctuation when dictating and it still will not work.Thanks Katie...
  3. Win+H - Windows dictation Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win+H - Windows dictation Issues: Recently Windows Dictation Wanted me to log in. But after logging in I'm getting the following error.I'm getting the same Error message When I'm logging in Trying to log in To my Hotmail account. The redacted tenant name, In that case, Changed to "Microsoft services" Instead...
  4. Win+H - Windows dictation Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win+H - Windows dictation Issues: Recently Windows Dictation Wanted me to log in. But after logging in I'm getting the following error.I'm getting the same Error message When I'm logging in Trying to log in To my Hotmail account. The redacted tenant name, In that case, Changed to "Microsoft services" Instead...
  5. Win +H - Windows dictation Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win +H - Windows dictation Issues: Recently Windows Dictation Wanted me to log in. But after logging in I'm getting the following error.I'm getting the same Error message When I'm logging in Trying to log in To my Hotmail account. The redacted tenant name, In that case, Changed to "Microsoft services" Instead...
  6. Win +H - Windows dictation Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win +H - Windows dictation Issues: Recently Windows Dictation Wanted me to log in. But after logging in I'm getting the following error.I'm getting the same Error message When I'm logging in Trying to log in To my Hotmail account. The redacted tenant name, In that case, Changed to "Microsoft services" Instead...
  7. Dictate punctuation incorrect without my input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dictate punctuation incorrect without my input: Hi I have used dictate extensively in the past. It is now adding in full stops and staring sentences when it is actually one senate. Its done this multiple times. I have used dictate very often but this is a new issue....
  8. Dictate punctuation incorrect without my input

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dictate punctuation incorrect without my input: Hi I have used dictate extensively in the past. It is now adding in full stops and staring sentences when it is actually one senate. Its done this multiple times. I have used dictate very often but this is a new issue....
  9. Punctuation formatting issues when using dictation in Windows 10.

in Cortana
    Punctuation formatting issues when using dictation in Windows 10.: The dictation is pretty slick, however it leaves a lot of messy formatting to clean up. For example I dictate a sentence and then say period. It always puts a space before the period. Similarly when i say open quote it always leaves a space after the quote. Is there a...
  10. Windows key+H dictation not working in Microsoft Word.

in Cortana
    Windows key+H dictation not working in Microsoft Word.: Dictated 2 sentences into a word document, then it stopped. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-keyh-dictation-not-working-in-microsoft/60fc7b14-91c7-410d-84d0-b8aec8c813f2"