Windows 10: Punctuation problem

Discus and support Punctuation problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since the upgrade to Windows 10 I've been having a problem with punctuation marks in gmail. Specifically, question marks are being substituted for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rcuttler, Nov 3, 2015.

1. rcuttler Win User

Punctuation problem

Since the upgrade to Windows 10 I've been having a problem with punctuation marks in gmail. Specifically, question marks are being substituted for quotation marks and apostrophes, and maybe others. Any ideas why this is happening?
    TIA,

Bob

:)

rcuttler, Nov 3, 2015

2. Punctuation

In Windows 10, why do I have to press the space bar after I type a punctuation mark? How can I change the keyboard setting from US in Win 10?

TraceyStride, Nov 3, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Punctuation

I had the exact same issue when I had US keyboard loaded, i had to press the space bar after each punctuation symbol.

Loading a UK keyboard is not the solution as you have seen as the @ and " are in different places on a UK keyboard

Go back to the language settings in Control Panel and add the US Touch keyboard, move it to the top of the list and delete the UK keyboard, then reboot.

Now the @ and " will be in the correct place and there will be no need to hit the spacebar after punctuation . . .

DaveM121, Nov 3, 2015
  4. satchmo Win User

Punctuation problem

Check your regional setting and keyboard layout.

satchmo, Nov 3, 2015
  5. rcuttler Win User
    =====================================
    You're going to have to help me a little bit more. Exactly what do you mean by "keyboard layout," and do you mean regional setting in Windows or in gmail?
    Bob

rcuttler, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Punctuation problem

1. Punctuation problem - Similar Threads - Punctuation problem

2. Office 365 Punctuation not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 365 Punctuation not working: --- Computer Information --- Model: Dell OptiPlex 5080 Current OS: Windows 10 22H2 --- Issue --- I have a user who is having an issue with his dictation function in Outlook and Word. When he says "comma", the software transcribes the word "comma" instead of inserting the...
  3. Office 365 Punctuation not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 365 Punctuation not working: --- Computer Information --- Model: Dell OptiPlex 5080 Current OS: Windows 10 22H2 --- Issue --- I have a user who is having an issue with his dictation function in Outlook and Word. When he says "comma", the software transcribes the word "comma" instead of inserting the...
  4. Voice typing adds a space before punctuation

Voice typing adds a space before punctuation: Hello everyone,I've been having a problem with voice input on Windows 11 for several weeks now:When I dictate text, a space is systematically added before punctuation, especially before points.A few details:This only happens when I dictate in French in English everything...
  5. Voice typing adds a space before punctuation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Voice typing adds a space before punctuation: Hello everyone,I've been having a problem with voice input on Windows 11 for several weeks now:When I dictate text, a space is systematically added before punctuation, especially before points.A few details:This only happens when I dictate in French in English everything...
  6. Punctuation marks problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Punctuation marks problem: On the keyboard, I can't type punctuation marks. When I try to write, for example, a long "i" it writes two dashes and then the letter. Here is an example: ´´i. I tried reinstalling the language in windows and reconnected the keyboard multiple times. Also, earlier, when I...
  7. Punctuation marks problem

Punctuation marks problem: On the keyboard, I can't type punctuation marks. When I try to write, for example, a long "i" it writes two dashes and then the letter. Here is an example: ´´i. I tried reinstalling the language in windows and reconnected the keyboard multiple times. Also, earlier, when I...
  8. Microsoft online Voice Typing punctuation commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft online Voice Typing punctuation commands: Voice Typing is an excellent tool but as a humble developer I miss a few punctuation commands:- double quotation marks " " “ ” is not adequate in a code editor.- backslash \- { }- :I am using the Swedish version of the tool....
  9. Microsoft online Voice Typing punctuation commands

Microsoft online Voice Typing punctuation commands: Voice Typing is an excellent tool but as a humble developer I miss a few punctuation commands:- double quotation marks " " “ ” is not adequate in a code editor.- backslash \- { }- :I am using the Swedish version of the tool....
  10. Punctuation not working while using the dictation tool Windows + h

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Punctuation not working while using the dictation tool Windows + h: Hi,While using the Windows + h dictation tool, I will say 'full stop' but it will not change it to an actual full stop instead of the words. I have tried with other punctuation when dictating and it still will not work.Thanks Katie...