Windows 10: Punctuation problem

Discus and support Punctuation problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since the upgrade to Windows 10 I've been having a problem with punctuation marks in gmail. Specifically, question marks are being substituted for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rcuttler, Nov 3, 2015.

1. rcuttler Win User

Punctuation problem

Since the upgrade to Windows 10 I've been having a problem with punctuation marks in gmail. Specifically, question marks are being substituted for quotation marks and apostrophes, and maybe others. Any ideas why this is happening?
    TIA,

Bob

:)

rcuttler, Nov 3, 2015

2. Punctuation

In Windows 10, why do I have to press the space bar after I type a punctuation mark? How can I change the keyboard setting from US in Win 10?

TraceyStride, Nov 3, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Punctuation

I had the exact same issue when I had US keyboard loaded, i had to press the space bar after each punctuation symbol.

Loading a UK keyboard is not the solution as you have seen as the @ and " are in different places on a UK keyboard

Go back to the language settings in Control Panel and add the US Touch keyboard, move it to the top of the list and delete the UK keyboard, then reboot.

Now the @ and " will be in the correct place and there will be no need to hit the spacebar after punctuation . . .

DaveM121, Nov 3, 2015
  4. satchmo Win User

Punctuation problem

Check your regional setting and keyboard layout.

satchmo, Nov 3, 2015
  5. rcuttler Win User
    =====================================
    You're going to have to help me a little bit more. Exactly what do you mean by "keyboard layout," and do you mean regional setting in Windows or in gmail?
    Bob

rcuttler, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Punctuation problem

1. Punctuation problem - Similar Threads - Punctuation problem

2. Problems with Windows Defender AntiVirus full scan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with Windows Defender AntiVirus full scan: I'm on Windows 10, 2004. When I run a quick antivirus quick scan using the built-in Windows Defender, it works and returns zero threats. If I run a full scan from the settings UI, it will run for about 25 minutes, then the antivirus background service either stops or crashes,...
  3. Domain host file problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Domain host file problem: I'm wondering why my domain host file doesn't work with one of the lines I added. I recently read that you can change a file called the Domain Host File and the computer instead of listening to the DNS server, will go to the IP address that you state. I tried this and it...
  4. Punctuation formatting issues when using dictation in Windows 10.

in Cortana
    Punctuation formatting issues when using dictation in Windows 10.: The dictation is pretty slick, however it leaves a lot of messy formatting to clean up. For example I dictate a sentence and then say period. It always puts a space before the period. Similarly when i say open quote it always leaves a space after the quote. Is there a...
  5. Changed system font. How can I fix this issue where the colon punctuation mark is shown in...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changed system font. How can I fix this issue where the colon punctuation mark is shown in...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jebertian [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iqgl5f/changed_system_font_how_can_i_fix_this_issue/
  6. Punctuation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Punctuation: Why does back slash right hashtags and when i press shift-backslash it writes a ~. but i i do what im supposed to do to write a ~, i get a ¬. shift-2 writes ". shift-3 writes £. shift-' writes @. How do i fix? BTW I choose windows cuz i think it software issue. but how to...
  7. Unable to find Symbols and punctuation marks in Bangla(India) keyboard language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to find Symbols and punctuation marks in Bangla(India) keyboard language: I am using Windows 10 Pro latest build . I need to type Bangla so that I installed the Bangla language pack and got the Bangla [India] inscript keyboard . The problem is that punctuation marks and symbols are not available for typing. Question mark, Colon, Semicolon,...
  8. No punctuation marks and Bengali numerics in Microsoft's Windows 10 built in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    No punctuation marks and Bengali numerics in Microsoft's Windows 10 built in...: There is no Bengali numeric in Windows 10 built in Bengali inscript keyboard and no Punctuation marks . These is so irritating and frustrating . Bengali is world's 7th largest language by the number of speakers . People of Bangladesh and several Indian provinces uses Bengali...
  9. keyboard failure on mainly first line and punctuation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard failure on mainly first line and punctuation: suddenly I cannot access the punctuation symbols on the top line of my Lenovo wireless keyboard, numbers are okay but nothing else is there a simple solution. I have windows 10, also various other symbols such as the question mark, arrows, plus sign etc.This happened...
  10. Unsual punctuation in text.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unsual punctuation in text.: I use Netvibes as news reader for several rss feeds. They all seem to work fine except for USAToday. In that group, certain punctuation marks appear as &Apos;something or other. Here is an example of one case. Week's appears as Week&Apos;s The ' is replaced by the &Apos...