Windows 10: pups detected every time i use google browser

Discus and support pups detected every time i use google browser in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Every time i use google as my web browser and later run a scan using malwarebytes premium i get the same 218 pup`s. I have deleted all of my old links... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by toppergraph, Jul 21, 2019.

1. pups detected every time i use google browser

Every time i use google as my web browser and later run a scan using malwarebytes premium i get the same 218 pup`s. I have deleted all of my old links and still get the same results when i run a scan.

i have deleted the offending files manually following the links indicated by M/bytes.
    then run scan CLEAN
    reboot run scan CLEAN
    use google / run scan same result 218 pups detected.

any help?.
    regards topper

:)

toppergraph, Jul 21, 2019
  2. simrick Win User

PUP Threats Detected By Malwarebytes

Check your list of installed programs and remove any toolbars. Run MBAM again, including rootkit detection, and do a full scan of all your hard drives, not just a Threat scan. Then, reset your Chrome browser.

pups detected every time i use google browser [​IMG]

pups detected every time i use google browser [​IMG]

simrick, Jul 21, 2019
  3. Microsoft and Malwarebytes Boost PUP Detection

Source: Microsoft and Malwarebytes Boost PUP Detection

The term Potentially Unwanted Programs, or PUPs, is often used to describe software installed on somebody's computer without the owner's specific and direct approval.

Many legally-registered software development companies engage in "bundling," mainly because they earn a nice profit by packaging another company's software (PUPs) with their legitimate apps.

Detecting software as PUP comes with a financial and legal cost
    For years, antivirus vendors have fought to blacklist PUPs, marking specific software as dangerous inside their security products. The makers of those programs didn't sit idly, and for years, have sued antivirus vendors whenever their software received the label of "PUP" or "adware" in AV products.

Nevertheless, security firms fought back in all lawsuits and continued to mark PUP software as dangerous, despite the rising costs of mounting a legal defense against these scumbag developers.

Because of their work, PUP makers, who are often very large software development firms themselves, have continually evolved their products, adding new evasion tricks and pioneered new distribution methods.

These new techniques have allowed older PUPs to pass undetected, or have helped PUP makers create newer and more advanced threats.

RubberDucky, Jul 21, 2019
  4. pups detected every time i use google browser

Overrun by PUP's

Hi, @Skofab:

A bit of clarification...
    As the others have pointed out, MBAM Free is only a manual, on-demand scanner that removes PUPs and malware already on the system.
    MBAM Premium -- when properly configured -- can help to PREVENT PUPs/malware infection in the first place.

PUPs are not malware, in the strict sense of the term, as explained HERE. But they are generally junk that one likely does not not need or want and they can eventually get one into trouble with real malware.

Having said that, scanning for ROOTKITS and scanning for PUPs/PUMs are actually different settings.
    In order to be sure MBAM is properly configured, open the dashboard > settings > detection and protection > non-malware protection and verify that both PUPs and PUMs are set to "treat detections as malware".

If your settings are correct, but the PUPs seem to come back with each scan, then the most likely explanations include:
    • MBAM is having trouble removing them for some reason; and/or
    • They are re-spawning, either from software/malware on the system, from Google sync or from another source.

If you would like, please follow the steps in THIS TUTORIAL to locate, export and post here as an ATTACHMENT to your next reply an MBAM SCAN LOG from one of the computers. That log may point to an explanation and possible solution.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

pups detected every time i use google browser

1. pups detected every time i use google browser - Similar Threads - pups detected every

2. PUP/browser hijacker wont go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PUP/browser hijacker wont go away: I have some kind of malware on my chrome browser which i've tried alot to make go away. When I search somethin up, right before result come up, the link turns into yoursearchbar then turns into some bing link. And there is an extension named, Your Search Bar, that i cannot...
  3. Defender found a PUP in my browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender found a PUP in my browser: Hello, Everyone! Happy Holidays, too!It's 12:40 am EST, and yesterday I believe, the Windows Defender found a PUP. I guess that what it said, but I'd like to get the specifics about this. I have a paid antivirus program in the first place, but somehow they didn't catch this...
  4. Windows 10 on PC freezes every time I use Google Maps in Google Chrome. Happens each and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 on PC freezes every time I use Google Maps in Google Chrome. Happens each and...: How can I resolve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-on-pc-freezes-every-time-i-use-google/b5f2b3ca-3b9c-4a5f-86f5-8720bf72c3e9
  5. Google Chrome: It's time to ditch the browser

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome: It's time to ditch the browser: Interesting article from ZD-Net. I don't think I would "ditch" it as the author is suggesting, but the issues he raises regarding power and performance on various platforms, and what he calls "native" browser versus other may interest you. Google Chrome: It's time to ditch...
  6. PUP malware detected - is it legit?

PUP malware detected - is it legit?: Hi. I purchased a refurbished computer with Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 installed. My anti-malware program keeps finding these two 'threats', which Google tells me are Windows related. Anyone know if they are legit and can be safely ignored, or should they...
  7. Possible PUP Redirects my Browser

Possible PUP Redirects my Browser: Hi everybody, I have seemed to have picked a potentially unwanted program. I keep getting redirected to a bing page once I have typed a search query in Google. Currently my McAfee suite is picking anything up. Malwarebytes was mentioned when I searched for some answers as...
  8. Stop asking me to use Edge every time I use browser of my choice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop asking me to use Edge every time I use browser of my choice: This is very annoying. You asked me million times already and I said No Thanks million times. Why this annoying spamming? [ATTACH]...
  9. Microsoft and Malwarebytes Boost PUP Detection

Microsoft and Malwarebytes Boost PUP Detection: Source: Microsoft and Malwarebytes Boost PUP Detection The term Potentially Unwanted Programs, or PUPs, is often used to describe software installed on somebody's computer without the owner's specific and direct approval. Many legally-registered software development...
  10. PUP Threats Detected By Malwarebytes

PUP Threats Detected By Malwarebytes: Is anyone getting the pup.price.ninja threats? I get the same 4 pup threats every time Malwarebytes scans. I also noticed that I get advertisement popups while running Chrome that I don't get running Firefox. I have popups turned off but these popups continue regardless what...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. should i unsync google chrome to prevent pups?