Windows 10: Purchase of minecraft

Discus and support Purchase of minecraft in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently bought minecraft for my son so he can use it on his laptop pc running windows 10. Download would not work and I realized we had bought the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JoeHoughton1, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Purchase of minecraft

I recently bought minecraft for my son so he can use it on his laptop pc running windows 10. Download would not work and I realized we had bought the xbox version. I then tried to get a refund and went through all the steps until I got to the filling out the actual form which would not open saying I need to allow cookies. I added the website to the list of allowed cookies but still cannot get the form to fill out. How do I get my refund??

:)

JoeHoughton1, Jul 5, 2019

2. Purchased Multiple Copies Of Minecraft Versions, But Need Minecraft - Java Edition.

Hi Debalena,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you have purchased several copies of Minecraft from Mojang, then I suggest you to refer the
    Mojang refunds policy and check their refund policy.

If you want to swap your editions of Minecraft that you have purchased, please
    Contact Mojang Support and they will help you with this.

If you have purchased Minecraft from Microsoft Store, then I suggest you to refer
    Returning items you bought from Microsoft Store for exchange or refund
    and check if you can get a refund.

As you need the Java Edition of Minecraft, you can follow the steps mentioned in
    How do I install Minecraft: Java Edition? and install
    the Java Edition of Minecraft on your computer.

Before purchasing the Java Edition of Minecraft, I suggest you to refer the system requirements for installing the Java Edition of Minecraft from
    Minecraft: Java Edition system requirements.

For reference, you may also refer the Different Minecraft Editions
    to know more about the different versions of Minecraft.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 5, 2019
  3. Barman58 Win User
    Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Jul 5, 2019
  4. Purchase of minecraft

Minecraft

Hi Reinis,

There are several editions of Minecraft. Each edition works best on the platform it was intended to.
    Minecraft: Java and Minecraft: Windows 10 editions were created for Windows 10 devices. There's a different version available for an Xbox One platform. To answer your question, since the version you have is for Windows 10,
    you'll need to purchase the game's Xbox One version. You may purchase Minecraft: Xbox One version on this

link

Our Xbox developers are collating suggestions for the improvement of your Xbox gaming experience. Recently, we've created the
    Xbox Play Anywhere feature. This allows Windows 10 games to be played on Xbox One and vice versa. Based on the list, Minecraft is not yet an
    XPA game. You may refer to this
    link
    for additional details regarding the XPA games. Since Minecraft is not yet an
    XPA game, we recommend submitting a post to the
    Xbox UserVoice
    page and request this game to be included as an Xbox Play Anywhere.

We hope we're able to answer your query.

If there's anything else you want to clarify, don't hesitate to get back to us. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

Purchase of minecraft

1. Purchase of minecraft - Similar Threads - Purchase minecraft

2. I can’t restore my Minecraft dungeons purchases

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t restore my Minecraft dungeons purchases: never mind! I found I actual account and restored the game https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-restore-my-minecraft-dungeons-purchases/cdeae8aa-85c2-4298-a8ee-c0811ed2402c
  3. I can’t restore my Minecraft dungeons purchases

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t restore my Minecraft dungeons purchases: never mind! I found I actual account and restored the game https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-restore-my-minecraft-dungeons-purchases/cdeae8aa-85c2-4298-a8ee-c0811ed2402c
  4. I am purchase minecraft java edition the is not please refund

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am purchase minecraft java edition the is not please refund: I am purchase minecraft java edition but not show my game please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-purchase-minecraft-java-edition-the-is-not/ae03bbfc-a186-46a5-a2f6-898aae9fec3e
  5. I am purchase minecraft java edition the is not please refund

I am purchase minecraft java edition the is not please refund: I am purchase minecraft java edition but not show my game please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-purchase-minecraft-java-edition-the-is-not/ae03bbfc-a186-46a5-a2f6-898aae9fec3e
  6. I bought Minecraft it even says it on my purchases and it charged it to my phone but when i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought Minecraft it even says it on my purchases and it charged it to my phone but when i...: So I go to my launcher right. And I go to bedrock and I can play it but when I go to Java I can’t. I payed 29 dollars for Java and bedrock and only got bedrock. So I bought the 39.99 dollar bundle in hopes I would get Java but still no. And the weirdest part is it says I...
  7. I bought Minecraft it even says it on my purchases and it charged it to my phone but when i...

I bought Minecraft it even says it on my purchases and it charged it to my phone but when i...: So I go to my launcher right. And I go to bedrock and I can play it but when I go to Java I can’t. I payed 29 dollars for Java and bedrock and only got bedrock. So I bought the 39.99 dollar bundle in hopes I would get Java but still no. And the weirdest part is it says I...
  8. Issues after purchasing Minecraft for PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues after purchasing Minecraft for PC: I purchased minecraft for PC this morning. I can play the offline mode but I am not able to access the java servers. I have a strong wifi connection so this is not the problem. The error message is “Failed to connect to the server” then it says underneath “Failed to log in:...
  9. Issues after purchasing Minecraft for PC

Issues after purchasing Minecraft for PC: I purchased minecraft for PC this morning. I can play the offline mode but I am not able to access the java servers. I have a strong wifi connection so this is not the problem. The error message is “Failed to connect to the server” then it says underneath “Failed to log in:...
  10. Issues after purchasing Minecraft for PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging