Windows 10: Purchase of new computer

Discus and support Purchase of new computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just purchased a top of the line HP desktop which came with the Windows Home edition. I need remote access to work and tried to upgrade to the Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CarolJones216, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Purchase of new computer

I just purchased a top of the line HP desktop which came with the Windows Home edition. I need remote access to work and tried to upgrade to the Pro edition. Installation failed with error code 0x80070005.

This computer is completely useless without remote access. Please help!~!

thank you,

Carol

:)

CarolJones216, Oct 29, 2020

2. EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Staff Pad in-app Purchase

Hello Sharon,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. We are glad to help you.

To serve you better, please share this:

Are you trying to purchase the app from Windows Store?

Try the below methods and check:

Method 1: I would suggest you to run the inbuilt app troubleshooter.

Follow the steps:

• Press “Windows” + “X” and select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting and select View all on left hand side of the screen.

• Select the App and follow the instruction to troubleshoot.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps below to reset the Windows store:

• Press the “Win Logo” + “R”

• Type: WSReset.exe and press “Enter”.

• Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Purchase of new computer

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Purchase of new computer

1. Purchase of new computer - Similar Threads - Purchase computer

2. Why is my computer not showing purchased upgraded OneDrive storage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer not showing purchased upgraded OneDrive storage?: Went over by 1.4 gb while Onedrive was syncing/backing up. I went to upgrade and decided to get the 100 gb upgrade. However, Everytime I boot up my computer i'm still getting the sync error that i'm over the 5gb and i'm not seeing any extra storage. Has anyone dealt with...
  3. Why is my computer not showing purchased upgraded OneDrive storage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my computer not showing purchased upgraded OneDrive storage?: Went over by 1.4 gb while Onedrive was syncing/backing up. I went to upgrade and decided to get the 100 gb upgrade. However, Everytime I boot up my computer i'm still getting the sync error that i'm over the 5gb and i'm not seeing any extra storage. Has anyone dealt with...
  4. why am i seeing files from my personal computer on my recently purchased computer for work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why am i seeing files from my personal computer on my recently purchased computer for work?: I recently purchased a new desktop pc at work. For some reason after i installed it, my desktop shortcut icons from my personal computer were on this pc. Also when i click on file explorer all of my files are on this computer. Is there a way i can get that off of this...
  5. why am i seeing files from my personal computer on my recently purchased computer for work?

why am i seeing files from my personal computer on my recently purchased computer for work?: I recently purchased a new desktop pc at work. For some reason after i installed it, my desktop shortcut icons from my personal computer were on this pc. Also when i click on file explorer all of my files are on this computer. Is there a way i can get that off of this...
  6. Purchasing Win 11 for another computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchasing Win 11 for another computer: If I purchase Win11 via the Microsoft store, is that license tied to MY MS account?I need to install the OS on another computer and need to purchase a copy.I'm clueless concerning how the licensing works out currently.Or, should I have "them" purchase it thru their MS...
  7. Purchasing Win 11 for another computer

Purchasing Win 11 for another computer: If I purchase Win11 via the Microsoft store, is that license tied to MY MS account?I need to install the OS on another computer and need to purchase a copy.I'm clueless concerning how the licensing works out currently.Or, should I have "them" purchase it thru their MS...
  8. How do I get Minecraft on my new computer if I previously purchased it on my old one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get Minecraft on my new computer if I previously purchased it on my old one?: I recently purchased a new computer to replace my old laptop from five years ago. Everything moved over just fine. However, Minecraft is a program that I have struggled with. Around five years ago, I purchased Minecraft for Windows so I could play with my friends easier. It...
  9. How do I get Minecraft on my new computer if I previously purchased it on my old one?

How do I get Minecraft on my new computer if I previously purchased it on my old one?: I recently purchased a new computer to replace my old laptop from five years ago. Everything moved over just fine. However, Minecraft is a program that I have struggled with. Around five years ago, I purchased Minecraft for Windows so I could play with my friends easier. It...
  10. How to activate previously purchased MS Office Home & Business 2021 in new computer

How to activate previously purchased MS Office Home & Business 2021 in new computer: On April 4, 2022 I bought an XPS 8950 from Dell. Included in the purchase was Microsoft Office Home & Business 2021 with Adobe Acrobat Standard 2020. In December 2023 my system crashed and was diagnosed as a failed motherboard. I had to buy a new computer. I had no...