Windows 10: Purchase upgrade key for colleague in different country

Discus and support Purchase upgrade key for colleague in different country in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, One our staff works in New Zealand and has purchased a laptop with Windows 10 Home. We want to upgrade the machine to Windows 10 Pro. Can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Pete CTO, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Pete CTO Win User

Purchase upgrade key for colleague in different country

Hi,

One our staff works in New Zealand and has purchased a laptop with Windows 10 Home. We want to upgrade the machine to Windows 10 Pro. Can I purchase a license key online from my office the UK and email it to my colleague in New Zealand? Are the keys region-specific? Is it possible to purchase a key for use on a different computer? How do I do this?

Thanks,

Pete

:)

Pete CTO, Mar 27, 2020
  2. stego Win User

Purchasing from an unlisted country

How can we purchase games and apps if the country we are in is not included in the limited list of countries available when adding a credit card ?

stego, Mar 27, 2020
  3. encom45 Win User
    Windows 10 Prod key shows different

I have installed windows 10 pro on newly installed pc, I purchased a key while back i used an app called prodkey to find what the prod key is so i could use the same key for new pc. however when i activate with key that i bought Prod key reports it as a different key all together *Confused I guess im little confused on this as well with how it handles License keys like it is activated but not - lot different than Win7. Does windows 10 actually require a key after a fresh install, the step where it asks to put in product key I skipped that step as i would do it later but when i go to System in control panel it says Windows is activated huh? so i selected change product key and put in the key i purchased not sure why the app prod key shows a totally different prod key from C:\windows.

encom45, Mar 27, 2020
  4. cereberus Win User

Windows 10 Prod key shows different

See my post #7, step 3 for FCU 1709.

cereberus, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Purchase upgrade key for colleague in different country - Similar Threads - Purchase upgrade key

2. Can I used a Windows 11 product key from a different country?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I used a Windows 11 product key from a different country?: I recently bought a PC in Singapore with a pre-installed Windows 11 Home that is unactivated. I was wondering if I bought a Windows 11 home product key in South Korea, would it still work?And also would the system then all be in Korean?...
  3. Does my colleague need these upgrades?

Does my colleague need these upgrades?: The manager of our marketing department has had his request for PC parts approved, I don't know much about PC specs, but to me it kind of seems like they've asked for way more than they need. Maybe I'm wrong, can someone enlighten me please?He uses Photoshop 2020, Illustrator...
  4. Does my colleague need these upgrades?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does my colleague need these upgrades?: The manager of our marketing department has had his request for PC parts approved, I don't know much about PC specs, but to me it kind of seems like they've asked for way more than they need. Maybe I'm wrong, can someone enlighten me please?He uses Photoshop 2020, Illustrator...
  5. Does my colleague need these upgrades?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Connecting to wifi in different country

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting to wifi in different country: My daughter traveled to France from US and her windows 10 laptop won't connect to her apt. wifi. She puts in password and then it says cannot connect. Her roommates MacBook connected with no issues. Is there something she has to change in her settings?...
  7. Microsoft Ip address in different country

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Ip address in different country: Hi,When i go to command prompt and put netstat -ano to see established Foreign IP addresses, I noticed apart from Microsoft Canada and US ip addresses, there was Microsoft India’s Ip address 104.211.96.15 and Microsoft Korea’s IP address 20.190.4.251it is very concerning...
  8. Microsoft price mismatch in different countries

Microsoft price mismatch in different countries: I am currently living in pakistan. The price of microsoft office is 250 $ but it is charging 300$ in Pakistan. What is the reason? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-price-mismatch-in-different-countries/fb0ca509-5734-49c1-871c-466f7d616537
  9. Difference between made in difference country.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Difference between made in difference country.: I want to know what is the difference between made in the USA vs. made in Vietnam windows 10 pro original. is there any difference in the specification or something else?...
  10. Calendar holidays for different countries

Calendar holidays for different countries: I changed my location to US so I can use Cortana but now when I open calendar app I see only US Holidays and not for my country where I live. Is there any hidden option or way to customize calendar to show holidays for any country ? 14357