Windows 10: Purchased a License key on Trademe NZ Auction website turned out to be MAK VOLUME LICENSE....

Discus and support Purchased a License key on Trademe NZ Auction website turned out to be MAK VOLUME LICENSE.... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased Microsoft Windows 10 Pro license key from a seller called j2onlinetrade who turned out to be a scammer, reselling volume license... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jonny_S7, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Jonny_S7 Win User

Purchased a License key on Trademe NZ Auction website turned out to be MAK VOLUME LICENSE....

I purchased Microsoft Windows 10 Pro license key from a seller called j2onlinetrade who turned out to be a scammer, reselling volume license keyshttps://www.trademe.co.nz/members/listings.aspx?member=6428503&bof=n3qE0UoeThe seller stated that this was a Retail version. However after activating the software and running the slmgr -dli command, I get a response saying that this license is VOLUME_MAK channel. I\m assuming this is a volume license. From what I read volume licenses are issued to organizations, and re-selling them is prohibited by Microsoft. Is that correct? I've made a complain

:)

Jonny_S7, Aug 5, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

Volume PRO license to HOME license ? (WINDOWS 10)

No, it's not a dumb question and your research is correct. The shop was acting illegally if they installed a KMS version of W10 Pro and should be reported to Microsoft as Samuria suggests in post #2.

There are two types of volume licensing keys, the KMS key that the shop used and a MAK key that activates permanently.

Product Activation/Keys | Microsoft Volume Licensing

As for 'cut price' W10, you are taking a risk. Some 'too cheap' keys (particularly on eBay) will be MAK keys being sold illegitimately. They may (or may not) activate, depending on how many times the MAK key has been sold and used, and whether Microsoft are aware this MAK key is being used inappropriately and have blocked it.

If you purchase a key enter it in ShowKeyPlus' Check Edition. It will tell you what type of key it is.

Bree, Aug 5, 2021
  3. win 10volume MAK product key

Hello All,

good greetings,

i have purchsed win 10 volume MAK license key for 25 PC Activations from supplier. that is i purchased 25 license (from one volume MAk key.)

now i want to know two things

1) how to know how many pc's i activated with this key or out of 25 how many activation counts are remaining for my purchased key.

2) i activated win 10 in one pc with my Volume MAK key. now if i format that pc, what happens to that key, is that key still count as used or that will be available for another use.

your reply will be Appreciated.

Thanks & Best Regards

Mohammed.

Mohammed Abdulqayyum, Aug 5, 2021
  4. ErikMeel Win User

Purchased a License key on Trademe NZ Auction website turned out to be MAK VOLUME LICENSE....

Illegally distributed OEM key by auction website Vakantieveilingen.be

dear,

last year I saw on an auction website Vakantieveilingen.be an object to win a Windows 10 Professional license key with download link.

There was an informational suppliers price of 146 EUR, which I knew it was too low to be the real price. But it was an auction and everybody could bid on it.

I won this auction with a bidding price of 10 EUR, so if it was a real license, I made a good deal. I received the key and it was a genuine license key which I applied in November 2017. This year I replaced some hardware of my pc with new motherboard, and
    surprisingly the license key was no longer working. I checked the license type and then found out it was an OEM license key. As hobby computerbuilder, I know it is only allowed to sell this type of licenses with new computers. But an auction site cannot be
    seen as a computerbuilding company, is it?

How can I raise a formal complaint against this company and force them to give me a full Windows 10 Pro license key? Can Microsoft assist if I provide company details? Is this fraude?

regards

Erik

ErikMeel, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Purchased a License key on Trademe NZ Auction website turned out to be MAK VOLUME LICENSE.... - Similar Threads - Purchased License key

2. Reinstall Windows with Volume MAK licensing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstall Windows with Volume MAK licensing: Hello all,I have a laptopt that came with Windows 10 pre-installed by the vendor and the type of licensing seems to be "Volume MAK" and linked to my account. Due to some issues I would like to format the computer hard drive and do a clean reinstall of Windows, but I'm not...
  3. Reinstall Windows with Volume MAK licensing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows with Volume MAK licensing: Hello all,I have a laptopt that came with Windows 10 pre-installed by the vendor and the type of licensing seems to be "Volume MAK" and linked to my account. Due to some issues I would like to format the computer hard drive and do a clean reinstall of Windows, but I'm not...
  4. Reinstall Windows with Volume MAK licensing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrade to Windows 11 using Volume License MAK key

Upgrade to Windows 11 using Volume License MAK key: Currently I'm using Windows 10 pro activated with Volume MAK key. Can i use the same product key on the same pc when I'm upgrading to Windows 11 or i do not need to insert any product key for Windows 11 since it is a free upgrade from Windows 10?...
  6. Transferring a windows 10 volume MAK license

Transferring a windows 10 volume MAK license: So I’m building a pc and wanted to use windows 10. I have this asus laptop with a volume MAK windows 10 license and I wanted to transfer it to my new PC. Does anyone know if it’s actually possible to transfer that license?...
  7. MAK license?

MAK license?: I just bought a new mini PC that came with Windows 10 Pro. I found out that it has a MAK license, not OEM or retail. This isn't right, is it? Shouldn't a new computer that I buy that comes with Windows 10 Pro preinstalled have either an OEM or Retail license, not MAK?...
  8. second hand PC with MAK license key?

second hand PC with MAK license key?: I recently bought a used PC, with Windows 10, on eBay. It had an asset tag on it, so clearly came from a business of some sort. It didn't come with a Windows product key and I was told it has a 'digital license'. Belarc says that the key is not stored on the computer. I found...
  9. MAK VOLUME key?

MAK VOLUME key?: I had a retail license for windows 10 pro. I went to the microsoft store and then installed windows 10 pro for workstations since it was free. Afterwards I typed slmgr /xpr and slmgr /dli. It showed me that my machine is permanently activated but it had a MAK VOLUME license....
  10. What are KMS and MAK Volume Licensing Keys of Windows

in Windows 10 News
    What are KMS and MAK Volume Licensing Keys of Windows: [ATTACH] Microsoft wants to make sure that every Windows 10 that is used is activated i.e. marked as genuine. When a copy of Windows is activated it goes through a check. The way a copy of Windows is activated differently from each [...] This post What are KMS and MAK Volume...