Windows 10: Purchased a m.2 ssd drive and want to install windows 10 on it and delete everything off of...

Discus and support Purchased a m.2 ssd drive and want to install windows 10 on it and delete everything off of... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i just did a "test run" of this on my current ssd and the windows fresh install tool from microsoft left everything on my hard drives without giving me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gammagulp, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Purchased a m.2 ssd drive and want to install windows 10 on it and delete everything off of...

i just did a "test run" of this on my current ssd and the windows fresh install tool from microsoft left everything on my hard drives without giving me an option to format. im obviously missing a step here. there was no option to format anything using the fresh install tool.

i want to delete EVERYTHING off all of my drives and install windows 10 onto the new m.2 drive. how can i do this easily without making a thumb drive?

submitted by /u/gammagulp
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gammagulp, Mar 12, 2020
  2. Jefrison Win User

M.2 SSD Drive With Windows 10 Listed as Disk 1 in Disk Management,

Hi, In my pc M.2 SSD with Windows 10 OS is listed as Disk 1 and not as Disk 0 in Disk Management. Also, the same drive is listed as Removable devices which is actually internal SSD.

Can anybody help me resolve this, please?

Jefrison, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Tomgang Win User
    M.2 SSD drive instalation

X58 + m.2 ssd is great. Its just so nice with an m.2 ssd. Fast boot, very responsive system even x58 benefits from it. For boot drive i am so done with sata ssd/hdd and m.2 dosent need sata or power cable.

Its really a shame that samsung droped legacy mode on there 960 series. Cause it works so well on 950 pro and i think there are alot of people out there that want a m.2 ssd in there old pc an With 950 pro its so easy to get to work with out the need for nvme driver or bios mods/third party software.

And its not that windows 10 is a ploblem cause it runs great on old systems like X58 aswell. Been doing it for 2 years now.

Purchased a m.2 ssd drive and want to install windows 10 on it and delete everything off of... [​IMG]

Tomgang, Mar 12, 2020
  4. Carsomyr Win User

Purchased a m.2 ssd drive and want to install windows 10 on it and delete everything off of...

m.2 nvme SSD worth it ??

Yeah even if the budget is high I didn't want to waste it on something I wouldn't REALLY benefit from. I'm thinking of investing maximum 600$ in storage.

One thing I did in the past that I loved was putting the windows install on a separate drive... Less hassle when you need to clean install Windows. Some games I still have to reinstall bit my documents don't get deleted in the process.

So it comes down to this:

I'm either gonna get a small m.2 drive with another M.2 512gb. 1tb is close to 1k$ in Canada. Bit too expensive for my liking.

Or

I'm gonna get a small ssd for Windows and the same m.2 512gb for games.

My reasoning is I've read all over the Web that m.2 drives seem to perform the same as normal SSDs when they're small sized (120gb for instance)

So apparently a 120-256gb m.2 ssd performs close to the same as 120gb-256gb normal ssd.

If that is true I'll save on the windows ssd and use the money for a bigger gaming m.2 drive

Carsomyr, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

Purchased a m.2 ssd drive and want to install windows 10 on it and delete everything off of...

1. Purchased a m.2 ssd drive and want to install windows 10 on it and delete everything off of... - Similar Threads - Purchased ssd drive

2. How to install SSD / M.2 SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install SSD / M.2 SSD?: Ive got a problem. Ive currently got 1 SSD operational with around 450 GB. However, i've got 1 other SSD Which is unallocated and I dont know how to activate it and an M.2 which isnt even showing up. Not only that but I can now figure out the Disk Manager....
  3. How to install SSD / M.2 SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install SSD / M.2 SSD?: Ive got a problem. Ive currently got 1 SSD operational with around 450 GB. However, i've got 1 other SSD Which is unallocated and I dont know how to activate it and an M.2 which isnt even showing up. Not only that but I can now figure out the Disk Manager....
  4. Cannot install M.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install M.2 ssd: Im trying to install a 1tb Cruciual PCIe 3.0 NVME M.2 SSD drive into my HP 225 G7 Notebook. I created a flashable usb using the media creator yet whenever i try to install windows no drives are found. Running the diskpart command only shows my usb stick. Any ideas?...
  5. Cannot install M.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install M.2 ssd: Im trying to install a 1tb Cruciual PCIe 3.0 NVME M.2 SSD drive into my HP 225 G7 Notebook. I created a flashable usb using the media creator yet whenever i try to install windows no drives are found. Running the diskpart command only shows my usb stick. Any ideas?...
  6. Cannot install M.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 install on new m.2 ssd

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 install on new m.2 ssd: Hi, i already have licensed windows 10 on hdd, so i just bought a new m.2 ssd to improve the performance. The question is if i do a clean install of windows on the ssd using the usb drive, what will happen to the windows on the hdd? Can i enter the same key or do i have to...
  8. Windows 10 installation on m.2 nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 installation on m.2 nvme ssd: Hi I am trying to install microsoft windows as a second OS on my brand new PC with M/B: Gigabyte z390 UD and M.2 nvme SSD. This is the only drive installed and it seems that windows cannot detect any drives on my computer, however fedora linux as well as any other works...
  9. Installed 10 pro on M.2 SSD, want to boot from this drive only now.

Installed 10 pro on M.2 SSD, want to boot from this drive only now.: MSI X99A Raider MB, Intel i7 6800 3.40 Processor. I decided to go with 10 pro when I recently installed a Samsung EVO 960 M2 SSD, previous to this I was using 10 Home Edition that is installed on a SATA3 SSD. I did the install from a bootable USB, which has the windows...
  10. M.2 ssd

M.2 ssd: Hello, I need some help. I hope I choose the right forum section, newbie here. I purchased a MyDigitalSSD 128GB (MDM242-SBe-128) from Amazon.com, I want to prepare this drive for use in my Dell 3050 mini PC to increase the boot drive size from 32gb to 128gb. The Dell...