Windows 10: Purchased a new computer and now receive this message "You'll need to ask to use this site....

Discus and support Purchased a new computer and now receive this message "You'll need to ask to use this site.... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am over 50 years old and receiving the message in the subject line. Years ago we had a Microsoft Family account that is linking to my new computer. I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by michaellopuszynski, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Purchased a new computer and now receive this message "You'll need to ask to use this site....

I am over 50 years old and receiving the message in the subject line. Years ago we had a Microsoft Family account that is linking to my new computer. I was an adult then as well. My old computer does not ask this and I have the same credentials.

We have tried to recover the account 10 times to fix this. Problem is the account was formed under an email we no longer have and apparently we don't remember the correct account information. We receive this message every time, "Unfortunately, our automated system has determined that the information you provided was not sufficient for us to validate your account ownership. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously, and our commitment to protecting your personal information requires that we take the utmost care in ensuring that you are the account owner."

I also contacted support via chat. All that person could do was the same account recovery procedures we have tried online multiple times. They then referred us to a customer support line saying they were confident the issue could be resolved there. That phone line refers us back to the online support links. This is SO frustrating!

How can we fix this issue?

:)

michaellopuszynski, Jan 8, 2021

2. EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Jan 8, 2021
  3. nayzef Win User
    "You''ll need the Internet for this"

I have gone through all of the steps you suggested.

Troubleshooting solved nothing. Hardware troubleshooter asked for a restart but that didnt fix anything.

DNS and IPv4 settings are all set to what they should be.

From the other list you sent i tried reinstalling and uninstalling network drivers, disabling firewall and network reset. The problem persists. I still cannot log in using my Microsoft account. I can input my email and password, after which it starts loading.
    However after that it the error message appears.

nayzef, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Purchased a new computer and now receive this message "You'll need to ask to use this site....

Attention required message under email account, cannot send and receive mail from a linked account

Hi Sharon,

You might not been able to send or receive an email due to a misconfigured account settings. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the following questions below:

• Which application or program are you using to access your email?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are using the Windows 10 Mail app, we suggest that you remove your email account and re-add it.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Purchased a new computer and now receive this message "You'll need to ask to use this site....

1. Purchased a new computer and now receive this message "You'll need to ask to use this site.... - Similar Threads - Purchased computer receive

2. "You'll need to ask to use this app" and then "ask to use" black hole

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You'll need to ask to use this app" and then "ask to use" black hole: I just set up a new computer for my daughter. I went through the Microsoft Family setup process and disabled most of the security features. I tried downloading and installing Chrome and an error pops up that reads: "You'll need to ask to use this app." I then click "ask to...
  3. "You'll need to ask to use this app" and then "ask to use" black hole

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You'll need to ask to use this app" and then "ask to use" black hole: I just set up a new computer for my daughter. I went through the Microsoft Family setup process and disabled most of the security features. I tried downloading and installing Chrome and an error pops up that reads: "You'll need to ask to use this app." I then click "ask to...
  4. "You'll need to ask to use this app" and then "ask to use" black hole

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. remove you'll need to ask permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove you'll need to ask permission: I keep getting this when I go onto certain sites. I am the only one on this computer so I don't understand why I can't search what I want. It's only my email on here and it's not sending me anything. Very frustrating that I even have this feature and can't turn it off when...
  6. remove you'll need to ask permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove you'll need to ask permission: I keep getting this when I go onto certain sites. I am the only one on this computer so I don't understand why I can't search what I want. It's only my email on here and it's not sending me anything. Very frustrating that I even have this feature and can't turn it off when...
  7. You’ll need to ask to use this site microsoft

You’ll need to ask to use this site microsoft: Hello I understand that you parents want the best for your child, but do not put this timelimit on your children's computers if you are one of those parents you are a bad father for what you did then take it teens please tell me a way to remove a page that if I want to use...
  8. "You'll need to ask to use this site" With no family

"You'll need to ask to use this site" With no family: Hi there, As mentioned above, I am no longer a part of a family in Microsoft Family as of yesterday, yet I am still unable to access certain sites due to it requesting I ask an adult. Some background information, I am 21 years old and this is indicated in my account...
  9. “You’ll need to ask to use this site”

“You’ll need to ask to use this site”: I recently turned 18 and I wanted to go on nexusmods to add some mods to Fallout: new vegas but upon trying to enter the site, i got blocked by the “you’ll need to ask to use this site” page. I asked my family groups administrator if he still uses his old email and he said he...
  10. You'll need a new app message for opening files.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    You'll need a new app message for opening files.: You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc -link" when try to open same files <Original Title: quation has been changed for clarity purposes.>Y...