Windows 10: Purchased a pc with a volume product key

Discus and support Purchased a pc with a volume product key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a pre-built pc off amazon a little less than a year ago and was about to upgrade some hardware, so i was checking the product key type and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mangoman01, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Purchased a pc with a volume product key

I bought a pre-built pc off amazon a little less than a year ago and was about to upgrade some hardware, so i was checking the product key type and it came up and volume_mak. Everything i have found out has been saying that is a no-no.

beside that the pcu also blew in less then a month and they just outright denied it was a faulty part and was my fault, and the case had some mangled peices of metal in it, but thats neither here nor there.

my main question is whether this is something to report to microsoft or if its more looked down upon than it is an actually bad thing.

my second question is whether or not i need to purchase a new windows copy or if this is fine to use.

also i apologize if i posted this with the wrong topic.

:)

Mangoman01, Sep 16, 2020

2. No product key after Windows 10 purchase

Hi Chris,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• How did you upgrade to windows 10?
    • Have you done clean install?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • From where have you purchased the Windows 10?
    If you have purchased from online Microsoft store or any store I suggest you to contact them for the product key.

Please do let us know with more information, so that we can assist you better.

Karthicka_R, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Purchased a pc with a volume product key

Enter a Product key

Hi MohammadMoharram,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the version of Windows installed on your PC, is that Windows 10 Home or Pro?
    2. Are you receiving any error message, when you are trying to activate your Windows 10?
    3. Have you purchased the product key for Windows 10 while purchasing the laptop?
    4. How did you run windows recovery?

However, I suggest you to refer this thread article on
    using the Activation troubleshooter
    and
    Activation in Windows 10
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Purchased a pc with a volume product key

1. Purchased a pc with a volume product key - Similar Threads - Purchased volume product

2. Purchase Windows Pro Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchase Windows Pro Product Key: Hi all, I am trying to purchase multiple Windows Pro Licenses so I can upgrade a few laptops for work. As we use company emails and not personal outlook emails we can't purchase it through the Microsoft store.All I want to do is purchase a Windows Pro License product key on...
  3. Windows Product Key Purchase

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Product Key Purchase: I have a laptop from my last employer that was fully depreciated, so they let me take it with me. It is set up so that it has to be on the corporate network to update, and now it says I need to activate Windows. That, too, needs to be on the corporate network, but now that...
  4. Windows Product Key Purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Product Key Purchase: I have a laptop from my last employer that was fully depreciated, so they let me take it with me. It is set up so that it has to be on the corporate network to update, and now it says I need to activate Windows. That, too, needs to be on the corporate network, but now that...
  5. Windows Product Key Purchase

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Purchasing a Windows 10 Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchasing a Windows 10 Product Key: I am upgrading my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and i have downloaded the Windows 10 ISO and need to purchase a Windows 10 Product Key. Please tell me the process for purchasing the Product Key. I found a windows 10 pro key from a microsoft partner...
  7. Purchased a product key that doesnt work

Purchased a product key that doesnt work: I need some help, I purchased a windows 10 Home product key from the microsoft website. Then i installed windows 10, and when i try to change the product key, it says "The product key you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one....
  8. Old Product Key Purchase

Old Product Key Purchase: Hi. I bought a windows 10 product key several years ago. The computer broke down a short time ago, I am trying a new installation on different device, and I don't have my product key. I went into troubleshooting to change/move the device, but it won't not access either 2...
  9. Unable to purchase product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to purchase product key: Hello, I’ve come here to ask about a problem that has appeared since last night. My current computer is running a version of Windows 10 “under an organization”, even though I am not part of any. Yesterday, I got this notification: [IMG] This morning I decided to purchase a...
  10. purchase product key for windows 2010

purchase product key for windows 2010: I am just trying to purchase a product license key for windows 10 that is already on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purchase-product-key-for-windows-2010/aae158ea-7e30-4c97-bd9b-04ea66689e34"