Windows 10: Purchased a Windows 10 Pro key from Microsoft but it shows OEM

Discus and support Purchased a Windows 10 Pro key from Microsoft but it shows OEM in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I wanted to upgrade my Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, so I purchased a Window 10 Pro Product Key directly from Microsoft.com. However, after I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by palarin, Jan 22, 2020.

1. palarin Win User

Purchased a Windows 10 Pro key from Microsoft but it shows OEM

I wanted to upgrade my Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, so I purchased a Window 10 Pro Product Key directly from Microsoft.com. However, after I upgraded my computer and ran the VB script, it shows the following;

Name: WIndows R, professional edition

Description: Windows R Operating System, OEM_DM channel

Product Key Channel: OEMPurchased a Windows 10 Pro key from Microsoft but it shows OEM :DM

I've tried calling Microsoft to get clarification but all I ever get is "We are currently experiencing high call volume and wait times are running 60-90 minutes". From what I've researched online, Microsoft does NOT support OEM product keys. Therefore, why didn't they provide me with a "Retail" version, since I purchased it directly from them? Are they trying to get away with not supporting their customers anymore?

:)

palarin, Jan 22, 2020

2. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Upgrade a Win 10 home OEM to Win 10 Pro OEM with Win 10 Pro OEM Key?

I recently purchased a laptop that has an OEM version of Win 10 Home on it.

I verified this by using : slmgr -dli.

Previously I had purchased an OEM Win 10 Pro Key.

Can I use this OEM Win 10 Pro Key to upgrade the OEM Win 10 Home to the OEM Win 10 Pro.

If so what are the steps to accomplish this?

In addition, I assume that is this is possible, that the current product key will be updated to the new product key?

The reason I am asking this is that it's my understanding that these product keys are tied to the bios on a name brand laptop.

TIA

shockwaveriderz, Jan 22, 2020
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Purchased a Windows 10 Pro key from Microsoft but it shows OEM - Similar Threads - Purchased Pro key

2. OEM keys from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OEM keys from Microsoft: Hello, I’m starting a small business as a system integrator and was wondering how I can get OEM keys from Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-keys-from-microsoft/a6a71584-77a4-461b-a972-29aa5d87e063
  3. OEM keys from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OEM keys from Microsoft: Hello, I’m starting a small business as a system integrator and was wondering how I can get OEM keys from Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-keys-from-microsoft/a6a71584-77a4-461b-a972-29aa5d87e063
  4. How to purchase a window OEM key from microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to purchase a window OEM key from microsoft: How to purchase a window OEM key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-purchase-a-window-oem-key-from-microsoft/b23a3280-f594-44f1-ba8e-315625551a2c
  5. How to purchase a window OEM key from microsoft

How to purchase a window OEM key from microsoft: How to purchase a window OEM key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-purchase-a-window-oem-key-from-microsoft/b23a3280-f594-44f1-ba8e-315625551a2c
  6. Purchasing Windows OEM keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchasing Windows OEM keys: I own a small consulting company where I provide IT support for small businesses. I have a customer that wants me to upgrade about 30 workstations, motherboard, processor, ram and hard drives so that the systems can run Windows 11. I purchased an OEM Windows 11 DVD from...
  7. Purchasing Windows OEM keys

Purchasing Windows OEM keys: I own a small consulting company where I provide IT support for small businesses. I have a customer that wants me to upgrade about 30 workstations, motherboard, processor, ram and hard drives so that the systems can run Windows 11. I purchased an OEM Windows 11 DVD from...
  8. No Key received after purchase of Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No Key received after purchase of Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft: Hi there,I purchased an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for my new laptop and the upgrade failed, so that it now thinks that I have a Windows enterprise version, without a proper license...Long story short, I am now unable to reset my laptop to Windows Home Edition that was...
  9. Just purchased Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft. No product key.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Just purchased Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft. No product key.: I just purchased Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft website. In my order history, there is no link to view the product key nor was a product key included in the confirmation email. Where can I find my product key?...
  10. Windows 10 Pro OEM DVD Purchase

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Pro OEM DVD Purchase: Where on the Microsoft site can I purchase the DVD for Windows 10 Pro? Can I get one with 3 licenses? I am not able to find the location on the site to do this, and I do not want to buy a download....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows oem_dm channel