Windows 10: Purchased and Installed Windows 10 Pro Upgrade - but, is now showing Enterprise

Discus and support Purchased and Installed Windows 10 Pro Upgrade - but, is now showing Enterprise in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a new laptop that came with Windows 10 Home installed. I purchased the $99 Windows Pro Upgrade and installed it. It is now showing the version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mark_IV4, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Mark_IV4 Win User

Purchased and Installed Windows 10 Pro Upgrade - but, is now showing Enterprise

I have a new laptop that came with Windows 10 Home installed. I purchased the $99 Windows Pro Upgrade and installed it. It is now showing the version is Windows 10 Enterprise. I checked my receipt and it's Windows 10 Pro (not Enterprise).

Now, Windows is saying that I need to Activate my Subscription, but it won't let me since I don't actually have an Enterprise purchase - just Pro.

I've read through some other Microsoft forums and similar problems have been reported by others. It sounds like to fix it you might need to reinstall and/or apply other solutions that are somewhat complicated. I'm ok with just purchasing Enterprise if I need to - as long as it's a simpler fix.

What do I need to do to fix this as easily as possible?

Thanks,

:)

Mark_IV4, Mar 1, 2019

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 1, 2019
  3. RALmn Win User
    I purchased upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and received Windows 10 Enterprise.

I pruchased upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and received Windows 10 Enterprise. How can I replace the Enterprise edition with the Pro edition I Purchased? Enterprise edition will not activate. I requested upgrade through settings - windows update & security.

Here are the messages I am seeing.

Purchased and Installed Windows 10 Pro Upgrade - but, is now showing Enterprise 008e439f-0be1-49cb-a780-20a05ce2137b?upload=true.jpg

RALmn, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Purchased and Installed Windows 10 Pro Upgrade - but, is now showing Enterprise

error with MAK - Pro to Enterprise upgrade

In the article I wrote, I used a Windows 10 Enterprise MAK license to upgrade an installed retail Windows 10 Pro license to Enterprise edition. The only fault is, I didn't post a screenshot showing Enterprise in the About UI.

The article does detail instructions for non volume license customers, but the same instructions used to upgrade a Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using the Pro Pack is the same for Windows
    10 Pro to Enterprise using an Enterprise MAK license.

The actual install media is not required to perform a repair upgrade.

Quote:

There’s also good news for users who have Home Use rights through an employer’s

volume license program
    . Volume license is a convenient way for large businesses to purchase Windows licenses in bulk and deploy it to many computers an organization. Volume license also includes flexible options that allows
    an organization’s employees to upgrade their personal devices to the organization’s licensed edition of Windows.

So for example, if your company is running Windows 10 Enterprise edition and you are running Windows 10 Home on your personal laptop, you can easily upgrade. This is important for ease of use, management and support rights that guarantees all systems are
    standardized and are protected using the benefits that are available with that particular edition.

For the purposes of this article, I will be upgrading Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise.
    Of course, the same procedures apply if you want to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using either a retail Windows 10 Pro license or Pro Pack key.

Andre Da Costa, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Purchased and Installed Windows 10 Pro Upgrade - but, is now showing Enterprise

1. Purchased and Installed Windows 10 Pro Upgrade - but, is now showing Enterprise - Similar Threads - Purchased Installed Pro

2. Windows Pro Upgrade Purchased but Installed Windows Enterprise PLUS Failed Activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Pro Upgrade Purchased but Installed Windows Enterprise PLUS Failed Activation: Bought an LG Gram computer from Costco which came with Windows 11 Home. I installed all the updates and the system showed activated. From the control panel I was referred to the Microsoft Store to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. After paying my $99, I got a blue box that allowed...
  3. Windows Pro Upgrade Purchased but Installed Windows Enterprise PLUS Failed Activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Pro Upgrade Purchased but Installed Windows Enterprise PLUS Failed Activation: Bought an LG Gram computer from Costco which came with Windows 11 Home. I installed all the updates and the system showed activated. From the control panel I was referred to the Microsoft Store to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro. After paying my $99, I got a blue box that allowed...
  4. Windows 10 Pro upgrade causes Enterprise Install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro upgrade causes Enterprise Install: I got a new laptop with Windows 10 Home. Went on MS store to upgrade through settings to Windows 10 Pro. The installation asks for activation again as the enterprise edition got installed. I have not seen any easy known solution as these are digital licenses....
  5. purchased Windows 10 Pro but the system shows as Windows Enterprise

purchased Windows 10 Pro but the system shows as Windows Enterprise: Dears, Kindly assist me on this. I have purchased Windows 10 Pro from official Microsoft site in order to upgrade my Windows 10. However there were some error messages came and now my system profile shows as Windows Enterprise. What should I do ? I am unable to...
  6. Windows 10 pro upgrade shows enterprise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 pro upgrade shows enterprise: Hi I just upgraded a licence from windows10 Home to pro by going through settings-activation settings-upgrade and it took me to Microsoft store after I bought and installed it setting show as windows10 enterprise and it show not activated how can I get the pro version I...
  7. PURCHASED WINDOWS PRO INSTALLED NOW SHOWS WINDOWS ENTERPRISE?

PURCHASED WINDOWS PRO INSTALLED NOW SHOWS WINDOWS ENTERPRISE?: My pc is a HP , purchased new a few years ago. windows 8.1 At some point I installed Windows 10 Home. not sure when but 1-2 yrs ago. no problems until a month or so ago. I reset it and everything was good. I recently decided to turn bit locker on and found I couldn't on...
  8. Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade through Store but the installation gave me Enterprise,...

Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade through Store but the installation gave me Enterprise,...: I purchased the Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store (my order history verifies this), but the procedure ended up putting Enterprise on the pc. Also, the machine will now not activate windows, saying I don't have a correct key or digital license. There is no way...
  9. Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade on laptop, it installed WIndows 10 Enterprise

Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade on laptop, it installed WIndows 10 Enterprise: Recently I had purchased a Windows 10 Pro upgrade for my laptop, but after it did the upgrade in place, it was no longer activated and showing as a Windows 10 Enterprise. This is with the current 1903 (OS Build 18362.116). Is there any reason for this?...
  10. I purchased upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and received Windows 10 Enterprise.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I purchased upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and received Windows 10 Enterprise.: I pruchased upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and received Windows 10 Enterprise. How can I replace the Enterprise edition with the Pro edition I Purchased? Enterprise edition will not activate. I requested upgrade through settings - windows update & security. Here are the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bought windows 10 pro but got enterprise

2. bought windows 10 pro but enterprise installed

3. windows activation purchased professional but not showing up

4. purchased winows pro 10 but still showing windows enterprise,
  5. I downloaded Windows 10 PRO but showing Enterprise,
  6. installed windows 10 pro but got enterprise,
  7. bought a pro license but showing enterprise,
  8. bought win 10 pro upgrade but received win 10 enterprise,
  9. purchased windows pro from microsoft store and it downloaded entipeise,
  10. upgrade to pro but it installed enterprise,
  11. windows enterprise is installed when i have pro,