Windows 10: Purchased full Retail Pro of Windows 8.1, updated to 10. Now want to transfer license to...

Discus and support Purchased full Retail Pro of Windows 8.1, updated to 10. Now want to transfer license to... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Greetings, I bought the Full (retail) Pro version of Windows 8.1. I had it updated to 10 as part of the update program. The time has come for me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Al Brackets, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Purchased full Retail Pro of Windows 8.1, updated to 10. Now want to transfer license to...

Greetings,

I bought the Full (retail) Pro version of Windows 8.1. I had it updated to 10 as part of the update program. The time has come for me to upgrade my hardware. I want to verify that I still have the rights to transfer this version, and how to do this. I have the original License Key ( for 8.1) and have been able to find the current key for Windows 10.

Please point to some instructions on how to carry this out. I am prepared to deactivate it on the old system before going to the new system.

Thanks

:)

Al Brackets, Nov 29, 2018

2. Retail License Transfers?

PC 1

Windows 10 Pro Edition (Upgraded from Windows 8.0 Pro Retail for free, after updating to Windows 8.1 Pro, and no longer in use)

PC 2

Windows 10 Pro Edition (Upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro Retail, and no longer in use)

PC 3

Windows 10 Home Edition (Upgraded from Windows 8.1 Home for free, currently in use)

PC 4

Windows 8.1 Pro (OEM, currently in use)

I've heard that an install of Windows 10, upgraded from a retail version of Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 can be transferred to another PC, if the original hardware is no longer in use (Motherboard replacement, or whole PC replacement)

If possible, I'd like to take the license from PC 1, and apply it to PC 3, to upgrade it from Home edition to Pro Edition, and take the license on PC 2, and apply it to PC 4, so that I can install Windows 10 Pro edition, without having to purchase a new license.

Is this possible?

jasoncollege246, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Are Windows Retail Version Upgrading to Win 10 OEM??

If that's possible for all WIndows 7/8/8/1 retail licence holders (who make an issue of it) then it would be welcome news indeed.

wiggly1uk2000, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Purchased full Retail Pro of Windows 8.1, updated to 10. Now want to transfer license to...

Purchased Windows 10 pro retail version and want to move it to a new motherboard

Yes, a retail purchased license includes unlimited transfer rights. Its a full version and you can move to new motherboard without hindrance. Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Purchased full Retail Pro of Windows 8.1, updated to 10. Now want to transfer license to...

1. Purchased full Retail Pro of Windows 8.1, updated to 10. Now want to transfer license to... - Similar Threads - Purchased full Retail

2. Retail license transfer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retail license transfer: Hi, I just changed to a completely different PC. I want my Windows 11 Pro license on the new one. What should I do? It is a retail key, I checked with command prompt and some commands I don't remember now....
  3. Retail license transfer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Retail license transfer: Hi, I just changed to a completely different PC. I want my Windows 11 Pro license on the new one. What should I do? It is a retail key, I checked with command prompt and some commands I don't remember now....
  4. Question Regarding Windows 10 Pro Retail License Transfer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question Regarding Windows 10 Pro Retail License Transfer: I will soon will be be transferring my Win 10 Pro retail license from an old custom computer to a new computer build. Once the license is transferred, will I still have access to personal files on the old computer to transfer via a USB or portable drive. It may take some time...
  5. Question Regarding Windows 10 Pro Retail License Transfer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question Regarding Windows 10 Pro Retail License Transfer: I will soon will be be transferring my Win 10 Pro retail license from an old custom computer to a new computer build. Once the license is transferred, will I still have access to personal files on the old computer to transfer via a USB or portable drive. It may take some time...
  6. Question Regarding Windows 10 Pro Retail License Transfer

7. Win 10 Pro retail license transfer product key

Win 10 Pro retail license transfer product key: I had a retail license of Windows 10 Pro upgraded from a retail license of Windows 7 Professional years ago on an HP PC that recently died. When the replacement an LG PC arrived, I transferred the Win 10 Pro image from the HP to the LG, using Macrium Reflect. However, the...
  8. Transfer Windows 10 retail licenses between machines upgraded Win 8 Pro & Win 10

Transfer Windows 10 retail licenses between machines upgraded Win 8 Pro & Win 10: I currently have two machines running with different editions of Windows 10.Machine 1 uses an upgraded Windows 8 Pro retail license, machine 2 a Windows 10 non-Pro retail license.As more and more hardware components of machine 1 are dying, I plan to replace it by a newer...
  9. licensing and transferring win 8 pro retail key account to totally new system

licensing and transferring win 8 pro retail key account to totally new system: Hi, Good day to you. Planning to get a new system. And like to check if i can transfer my win 8 proretail key account to totally new system on win 10 pro. My win 8 pro key has been upgraded to win 10 pro which i am using now.Will i be able to transfer it to new system on...
  10. Purchasing Windows 10 Retail License

Purchasing Windows 10 Retail License: Hi I need to know is their any provision windows is selling a retail key of Windows 10 for lifetime validity I had found a guy on e-commerce site selling the Genuine Windows 10 Key at Rs. 299 Is this Genuine Or Someone is taking Advantage of Microsoft Name in India ....