Windows 10: Purchased game on wrong account

Discus and support Purchased game on wrong account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey all. So I bought a game off the Microsoft store and I accidentally bought it under my secondary account that isn't linked to my computer. Now it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MatthewDulaney, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Purchased game on wrong account

Hey all. So I bought a game off the Microsoft store and I accidentally bought it under my secondary account that isn't linked to my computer. Now it won't let me install the game and is only giving me the option to re-purchase. I went through the steps of changing my primary email to the one I purchased it under, but still no luck. Any ideas?

:)

MatthewDulaney, Apr 15, 2020

2. purchased game

Hi,

To install a game on you need to make sure that you sign in on your computer using the Microsoft account that you use to purchased the game. To install a game on Windows 10, you may follow the steps below:

• Using your Microsoft account, sign in to the PC where you want to install your games.
    • On the Start screen, select the Store icon.
    • In the Store, select Games from the menu.
    • Browse to and select the game you want to buy.

If you already own the game, you can install it on your PC. Otherwise, select Install to download and install the game.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Apr 15, 2020
  3. In Game Purchases on another account

Hi Susan,

We acknowledge that you're having issues with your in-app purchases for a game. We would suggest double checking the account signed in to the game to see if it's your son's account. That would be the reason why the purchases were being placed in your son's
    account instead of yours but the payment method saved was yours.

In case that you would like the option to refund these purchases, we advise in contacting our Answer Desk. You can easily reach them by clicking on this

link

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Purchased game on wrong account

Microsoft account purchase information.

Hi Robert,

A corrupted game file is one of the possible reasons why you don't see any information with all of your Microsoft games. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Sign out your account from the Windows Store. Here is how:

• Open the Store app.
    • Click/tap on the user icon, and click/tap on Microsoft account that you are currently signed in to the Store with.
    • Click/tap on the Microsoft account again.
    • Click/tap on the Sign out link.

Step 2: Reset Store cache. Follow the steps below:

• Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog.
    • Type WSReset.exe, and click/tap on OK.

Note: The WS tool resets the Windows Store without changing account settings or deleting installed apps.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open without any message. The command prompt will automatically close when the Store cache has been reset.

Step 3: Sign in your account to the Windows Store.

• Open the Store app.
    • Click/tap on the user icon, and click/tap on Sign in.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Purchased game on wrong account

1. Purchased game on wrong account - Similar Threads - Purchased game wrong

2. Purchased game not available in store for child account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Purchased game not available in store for child account: I purchased a game while logged in under my child account. In the library the game is not listed. When searching for the game, it says purchased. But if I go to the game, there is no option to install or open....
  3. Purchased game not available in store for child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchased game not available in store for child account: I purchased a game while logged in under my child account. In the library the game is not listed. When searching for the game, it says purchased. But if I go to the game, there is no option to install or open....
  4. I purchased an Item on the Game Sea of Thieves and Realized it was on the wrong account.

I purchased an Item on the Game Sea of Thieves and Realized it was on the wrong account.: I have two separate Microsoft accounts. One for my games and one for my personal use. I recently purchased an add on for the game Sea of Thieves on the Microsoft store and then realized it was not on the right account. I have not used the add on or anything as its on the...
  5. Wrong Game Purchased

Wrong Game Purchased: I recently bought the game Ori and the Blind Forest as a digital download code from best buy with the intent of playing it on my PC. I had looked it up and it was listed as a Windows game, but when I tried to redeem the code it gave me the Xbox version, which I cannot play....
  6. the game i just purchased installed on the wrong computer profile

the game i just purchased installed on the wrong computer profile: the game i just purchased installed on the wrong computer profile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-game-i-just-purchased-installed-on-the-wrong/6bbba7ac-0d3e-402a-947d-cb688b2eb9d6
  7. Purchased game from wrong Email Address

Purchased game from wrong Email Address: I wanted to buy a game called Sea Of Thieves for a friend, cause it was his birthday and he was interested in it, but I've baught the game for the wrong Email. --- Moved from Dutch forum --- ***Modified title from: Baught game for wrong Email adress***...
  8. Made wrong purchase

Made wrong purchase: I wanted to buy Windows 10 Pro, but bought Windows 10 Home instead. Now I have both versions. One product key that I do not have any use for. (Windows 10 Home). Anyway to get a refund? or just credit for games or something......
  9. Games Purchased Months Ago Not On My Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games Purchased Months Ago Not On My Account: I purchased Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2 when they first released but when I recently went to reinstall them, it said I had to buy the game again. Could someone please help me with this or lead me in the direction of someone who can. I still have the email receipts to...
  10. Games Purchased Months Ago Not On My Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games Purchased Months Ago Not On My Account: I purchased Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2 when they first released but when I recently went to reinstall them, it said I had to buy the game again. Could someone please help me with this or lead me in the direction of someone who can. I still have the email receipts to...