Windows 10: Purchased Game Won't Install

Discus and support Purchased Game Won't Install in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I purchased Medical Center-Hidden Objects. It downloaded fin, but I received an error message when trying to install it. The error code is 0x80240017.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by heatherbaril, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Purchased Game Won't Install

I purchased Medical Center-Hidden Objects. It downloaded fin, but I received an error message when trying to install it. The error code is 0x80240017. Does anyone else have this issue, and if so, know how to fix it, or get a refund on my purchase?

:)

heatherbaril, Jul 11, 2020

2. purchased game

Hi,

To install a game on you need to make sure that you sign in on your computer using the Microsoft account that you use to purchased the game. To install a game on Windows 10, you may follow the steps below:

• Using your Microsoft account, sign in to the PC where you want to install your games.
    • On the Start screen, select the Store icon.
    • In the Store, select Games from the menu.
    • Browse to and select the game you want to buy.

If you already own the game, you can install it on your PC. Otherwise, select Install to download and install the game.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Jul 11, 2020
  3. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Purchased Game Won't Install

games (in game purchases)

Hi James,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open Internet Explorer and click on Tools.
    • Select Internet Options and go to Advanced
      tab
    • Uncheck Do not save encrypted pages to disk and click
      OK.
    • Now check if you are able to make the purchase.

Hope this helps. Keep us updated with the status of the issue to continue assisting you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Purchased Game Won't Install

1. Purchased Game Won't Install - Similar Threads - Purchased Game Won't

2. Games won't install on windows

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Games won't install on windows: Hi microsoftI've received a new laptop and cannot install my games from my new one onto this one. I believe it has something to so with the fact the shortcut is already on this laptop, but the game isn't.Kind regards...
  3. game won't install

game won't install: A game I purchased on my PC won't install. It says I don't have any devices linked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-wont-install/1d86e80f-1161-4204-bee3-96bf34040a71
  4. in game purchases

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in game purchases: Iam not sure if this is the right forum for my question but I was having issues with my PC a few month ago where all my apps just stopped loading. I knew very little about how things work so in a blind panic I just tried lots of things such as back up and restore and probably...
  5. Game purchase

Game purchase: Hello I now know why I stayed away from online games for years! I thought I had purchased a game from Microsoft. There was even a nice little check mark in the corner to tell me that I now "own" this particular game. But now I can't find the bloody game in order to play...
  6. Purchased games

Purchased games: Hi. i bought games in my 1st PC. Is it possible for me install my purchased on my 2nd PC for free? If yes, how many computers i can do that? thank you Jay Jarito https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purchased-games/737caaad-a421-40b2-996a-81d73e3d40bc
  7. Purchased a game on the website, but it won't let me download.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchased a game on the website, but it won't let me download.: I purchased Minecraft on the Microsoft website and it confirmed the purchase but it won't download because it says I haven't purchased it on the Microsoft store app. Is there a way to still download the game or will I have to repurchase the game on the Microsoft store app?...
  8. in game purchases

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in game purchases: After replacing my hard drive and reinstalling windows 10 and in store purchased games. the store shows my in game purchases but I am not able to reapply them in the game. Is this possible?...
  9. purchased game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    purchased game: I purchased a game from the Microsoft Store paid for the full game but it will not let me into the full game. I have phoned Microsoft Five times now and got passed from pillar to post with no success. The price of the game was £2-69 and I have spent four times that just...
  10. cant install purchased game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant install purchased game: Hi There. I recently purchased some the Witcher 3 game from the Microsoft Store. However, when I click, "Install on my Devices" I get a small pop up screen that says, "It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign...