Windows 10: Purchased MSI RTX 3060 ti yesterday...and sent it back today

Discus and support Purchased MSI RTX 3060 ti yesterday...and sent it back today in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I purchased a MSI RTX 3060 ti as an upgrade to my Sapphire RX 570 8GB Nitro+. Before I bought it I checked a few videos on YouTube, which gave it an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by dr3ams, Jan 10, 2023.

1. dr3ams Win User

Purchased MSI RTX 3060 ti yesterday...and sent it back today

I purchased a MSI RTX 3060 ti as an upgrade to my Sapphire RX 570 8GB Nitro+. Before I bought it I checked a few videos on YouTube, which gave it an overall positive review. After installing it and setting up the drivers and software, I fired up The Division 2 to see what the card could do. After about 3 minutes of gameplay, I noticed some very loud fan noises. I pressed ALT+Z and looking at NVIDIA's overlay, I noticed the card temp at 83 C and the fan rpms at 2300.

WTF?!

I tried several...

Read more

dr3ams, Jan 10, 2023
  2. MisterEd Win User

New Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti not recognized, need help troubleshooting

Last year I got on a waiting list. In October I received two notifications at the same time. I had 48 hours to pick either the:
    1) ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Republic of Gamers Strix V2 OC
    2) ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 TUF GAMING V2 OC

I chose the RTX 3060 Ti and paid $650 USD.

I could have bought the card anytime elsewhere but there was no way I was going to pay the buy now price then of $1000-$1100 USD.

MisterEd, Jan 10, 2023
  3. Installed new RTX 3060 Ti - Crashing while idle

I decided to open this thread back up because I got a completely new and different model of the RTX 3060 Ti and still getting hard crashes without BSOD while watching videos. My computer completely locks up making a loud buzzing sound from my headphones. I didn't have a mini dump file this time around. I've done MEMtest and everything was fine. New drivers with DDU for the graphics card.. I'm completely stumped. Not sure what to do. While I was waiting for my refund and the new card to arrive I went back to older cards and the issue wasn't happening on my 1060, 970 or Intel HD graphics. It's only with RTX 3060 Ti. I can game on the new card for hours and hours and it's completely fine. I am only running into this issue when idle or watching videos. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Turns out it might have been Nvidia Broadcast. I was trying this out when I got the first 3060 Ti and uninstalled it when I returned the suspected faulty card and used my old card until the new one arrived. I didn't run into the BSOD issue anymore. I re-installed Nvidia Broadcast with the new 3060 Ti when it arrived and happened again. I ran driver verifier to check and it was triggering a BSOD with nvrtxvad64v.sys so I have uninstalled it completely. I will reply to this post if I still run into any issues.

SlightlyMorbid, Jan 10, 2023
  4. Brink Win User

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti coming December 2nd

Read more:

Brink, Jan 10, 2023
Thema:

1. Purchased MSI RTX 3060 ti yesterday...and sent it back today - Similar Threads - Purchased MSI RTX

2. RTX 3060 not detected on Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RTX 3060 not detected on Win10: Hello, I am having the same problem. I bought the 3060 few weeks back but when I tried to install the driver, the GPU was not detected and hence the drivers couldn't be installed. My motherboard is Gigabyte H410M S2 V2, with 650Watts PSU, and Intel i3 10th gen will be...
  3. RTX 3060 not detected on Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RTX 3060 not detected on Win10: Hello, I am having the same problem. I bought the 3060 few weeks back but when I tried to install the driver, the GPU was not detected and hence the drivers couldn't be installed. My motherboard is Gigabyte H410M S2 V2, with 650Watts PSU, and Intel i3 10th gen will be...
  4. Installed new RTX 3060 Ti - Crashing while idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed new RTX 3060 Ti - Crashing while idle: Hi,I recently upgraded my graphics card to an RTX 3060 Ti and have been running into a bit of an issue. When I'm on the desktop either idle or doing low stress tasks like watching Twitch or Youtube videos my computer will blue screen or just hang and I need to reset the...
  5. Installed new RTX 3060 Ti - Crashing while idle

Installed new RTX 3060 Ti - Crashing while idle: Hi,I recently upgraded my graphics card to an RTX 3060 Ti and have been running into a bit of an issue. When I'm on the desktop either idle or doing low stress tasks like watching Twitch or Youtube videos my computer will blue screen or just hang and I need to reset the...
  6. Installed new RTX 3060 Ti - Crashing while idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BSODs every few days ever since upgrading to RTX 3060 ti

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs every few days ever since upgrading to RTX 3060 ti: I've tried everything- Used DDU to uninstall and reinstall GPU NVIDIA drivers.-Updated BIOS and AMD Chipset-No longer overclock my CPU or RAM-Reinstalled WindowsBut ever since moving from 1070 to a 3060 Ti, it's just been complete hell with this PC.Dump Files and info:...
  8. BSODs every few days ever since upgrading to RTX 3060 ti

BSODs every few days ever since upgrading to RTX 3060 ti: I've tried everything- Used DDU to uninstall and reinstall GPU NVIDIA drivers.-Updated BIOS and AMD Chipset-No longer overclock my CPU or RAM-Reinstalled WindowsBut ever since moving from 1070 to a 3060 Ti, it's just been complete hell with this PC.Dump Files and info:...
  9. BSODs every few days ever since upgrading to RTX 3060 ti

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti coming December 2nd

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti coming December 2nd: The GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, the first member of the RTX 3060 family, is coming December 2nd. Faster than the $699 RTX 2080 SUPER, and beating the RTX 2060 SUPER by an average of 40%, the new $399 RTX 3060 Ti is a tremendous addition to the GeForce RTX 30 Series. [img]...