Windows 10: Purchased Retail digital version of Win 10 Home, Can't install on new computer.

Discus and support Purchased Retail digital version of Win 10 Home, Can't install on new computer. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Good morning, I purchased a digital retail version of Win 10 Home from the Microsoft store. I have just built a new computer and am trying to move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Doc Carbon, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Purchased Retail digital version of Win 10 Home, Can't install on new computer.

Good morning,

I purchased a digital retail version of Win 10 Home from the Microsoft store. I have just built a new computer and am trying to move the digital licence over but there is no activation code.

I went through my emails from the time but it was too long ago and I don't have the order email from the Microsoft store any longer.

I do have the confirmation # for the order and it is listed in my accounts order history.

I spoke on the phone with Windows Activation as well as with Microsoft support. Both say it is the other that needs to help me.

How can I get my activation key?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you.

:)

Doc Carbon, Dec 8, 2019

2. Purchased Windows 10 pro retail version and want to move it to a new motherboard

Yes, a retail purchased license includes unlimited transfer rights. Its a full version and you can move to new motherboard without hindrance. Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Dec 8, 2019
  3. transfer my retail digital license to a new machine void of any OS

Results:

I was not able to transfer my digital license W10 Pro to a new computer using the media tool.

I was able to upgrade my OEM W10 Home to the Pro version on the same computer without problems though. On my new laptop, I had to purchase a retail version of W10.

RobertArnow, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Diesel94 Win User

Purchased Retail digital version of Win 10 Home, Can't install on new computer.

Upgrading from Windows 10 OEM to full retail. System does not recognize retail version.

I had a machine with an OEM version of Win 10 PRO. I changed the MB and processor which deactivated the OEM Win 10 installation. I purchased Win 10 Full Retail FQC-08788, removed the original partitions from the SSD drive using DISKPART and installed the
    retail version. I linked to my existing MS Account and tried to activate the machine, only to be told I couldn't activate the OEM system and suggested I visit the MS store to acquire a valid license.

WHAT GIVES!!! Was it because I linked to my on-line account? Is the old OEM information being held in the UEFI somehow? What do I have to do to get the new Retail version recognized?

Diesel94, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Purchased Retail digital version of Win 10 Home, Can't install on new computer.

1. Purchased Retail digital version of Win 10 Home, Can't install on new computer. - Similar Threads - Purchased Retail digital

2. Digital license retail versions.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital license retail versions.: I have 2 retail cd keys education and enterprise that I can no longer use as they say they are in use on other devices. The education one I know which computer its on and I did a slmgr /upk and unlicensed the edu version and formatted the computer and put the OEM version and...
  3. Digital license retail versions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Digital license retail versions.: I have 2 retail cd keys education and enterprise that I can no longer use as they say they are in use on other devices. The education one I know which computer its on and I did a slmgr /upk and unlicensed the edu version and formatted the computer and put the OEM version and...
  4. Digital license retail versions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Had purchased a Win 7 Pro retail for a Win 10 Home computer...had software issues w/10 at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Had purchased a Win 7 Pro retail for a Win 10 Home computer...had software issues w/10 at...: Now want to update, but won't update to Pro...so I'll lose my apps going from Pro to Home. Any work around? Some of my apps are out of support, so will no longer update, or even install the older versions. I would really hate to have to repurchase a working app, some of which...
  6. Had purchased a Win 7 Pro retail for a Win 10 Home computer...had software issues w/10 at...

Had purchased a Win 7 Pro retail for a Win 10 Home computer...had software issues w/10 at...: Now want to update, but won't update to Pro...so I'll lose my apps going from Pro to Home. Any work around? Some of my apps are out of support, so will no longer update, or even install the older versions. I would really hate to have to repurchase a working app, some of which...
  7. Had purchased a Win 7 Pro retail for a Win 10 Home computer...had software issues w/10 at...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Activating Digital Retail Windows 10 Home on upgraded computer.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Digital Retail Windows 10 Home on upgraded computer.: Hey all, I tried calling customer service on the phone about this issue but I was told it would be 23 hours and 40+ minutes for a call back which is ridiculous. I need to test the parts I received as soon and as thorough as I can before the 30 day warranty goes out because it...
  9. Purchased Win 10 Pro off Ebay, but it was not Retail version

Purchased Win 10 Pro off Ebay, but it was not Retail version: Ok, so I purchased Win 10 Pro off of Ebay because I was looking for it somewhere cheaper. This is the link: Microsoft Window 10 Pro USB 3.0 32/64 Bit Full Version FQC-08788 Retail Sealed 885370903904 | eBay I checked the product key with ShowKeyPlus and it showed Win 10 RTM...
  10. Is there a "retail" version of Windows 10 available for purchase?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a "retail" version of Windows 10 available for purchase?: "Retail" versions of Windows 7 can be installed multiple times on new hardware or motherboards, as long as it's only one PC per license. Is there an equivalent version of Windows 10 that carries the same privileges? I am NOT referring to the "free upgrade" or upgrading...