Windows 10: Purchased update to Windows 10 Pro from the Store, but still getting Home edition after...

Discus and support Purchased update to Windows 10 Pro from the Store, but still getting Home edition after... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, My laptop came with Win 10 Home installed (digital license), but a few months ago I decided to purchase the update to Pro from the Store,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dnf1985, Mar 8, 2019.

1. dnf1985 Win User

Purchased update to Windows 10 Pro from the Store, but still getting Home edition after...

Hello,

My laptop came with Win 10 Home installed (digital license), but a few months ago I decided to purchase the update to Pro from the Store, which was installed correctly at the time.

Recently, after a fresh install, I noticed from the control panel that I'm still running the Home version.

I tried updating from the control panel, but it asks for the product key, which I am unable to find. My Microsoft account shows the purchase, but I cannot find the product key.

My assumption was that, since I am using a digital licence, said licence would be automatically associated to Windows 10 Pro, but it seems it's not the case.

Does anybody have any suggestion.

Please let me know if there's any additional info I should post.

Thanks!

:)

dnf1985, Mar 8, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Windows 10 pro edition

Hello Raed,

For us to better assist you with your concern about upgrading to Windows 10 pro edition and how to roll back to Windows 7, we would like to know some additional information first:

• Did you get any error messages or error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To help you on upgrading your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, we suggest that you check this

article
    for information and troubleshooting steps.

You can follow the steps provided below to be able to downgrade to Windows 7:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Click Recovery tab.
    • Look for the option to "Go back to Windows 7/8", and click on "Get Started" to begin the process.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Mar 8, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Mar 8, 2019
  4. MrGenius Win User

Purchased update to Windows 10 Pro from the Store, but still getting Home edition after...

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Purchased update to Windows 10 Pro from the Store, but still getting Home edition after... - Similar Threads - Purchased update Pro

2. Bulk purchase Windows 10 Home edition?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bulk purchase Windows 10 Home edition?: We're a nonprofit that teaches English and other relevant skills. A donor has given us hundreds of nice laptops wiped and with new hard drives. Is there a way to get licensed copies of Windows 10 Home edition or Pro, for that matter? TechSoup cannot help....
  3. Bulk purchase Windows 10 Home edition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bulk purchase Windows 10 Home edition?: We're a nonprofit that teaches English and other relevant skills. A donor has given us hundreds of nice laptops wiped and with new hard drives. Is there a way to get licensed copies of Windows 10 Home edition or Pro, for that matter? TechSoup cannot help....
  4. Bulk purchase Windows 10 Home edition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Downgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Home edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrading from Windows 10 Pro to Home edition: I some how accidentally installed Windows 10 Pro instead of home edition that I have key/license for. I have tried doing the Registry edits in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion and the other path as well but when I run the...
  6. Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to HOME Edition.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgrade from Windows 10 Pro to HOME Edition.: I have a Dell Xps 8900 I purchased several years ago that came with Windows 7 Pro. I recently updated to Windows 10 Pro, but I want Windows 10 HOME Edition. Can this be done, and if so, how???...
  7. Updated to Windows 10 pro edition from home Windows 10 home edition

Updated to Windows 10 pro edition from home Windows 10 home edition: My laptop has windows 10 home edition. But I required Windows 10 pro edition. So.., is there any options to update my edition. Please help me out with this....
  8. Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro Edition from Windows 10 Home Edition

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro Edition from Windows 10 Home Edition: I currently have a license and USB Flash drive containing Windows 10 Home Edition. I'm considering doing the upgrade to Professional Edition for $99. If I perform that upgrade will I then have a new Professional product key that will allow me to perform a clean reinstall...
  9. Purchased windows 10 pro upgrade from home edition in the microsoft store, but unable to...

Purchased windows 10 pro upgrade from home edition in the microsoft store, but unable to...: I purchased a digital upgrade to windows 10 pro, I previously had windows 10 home. Now I have an un-activated windows 10 enterprise, and am unable to activate windows 10 pro with the activation troubleshooter. Error code 0x803F7001....
  10. Switching from Windows 10 pro edition to home edition

Switching from Windows 10 pro edition to home edition: Hi everyone! Just recently bought a new pc, problem is, I expected it to come with windows 10 home edition as usual, but it came with an unactivated version of windows 10 pro edition. I tried using the media creation tool but the option for windows 10 home edition didnt...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. purchased windows 10 pro windows store