Windows 10: Purchased upgrade from Windows Home to Windows Pro not activating

Discus and support Purchased upgrade from Windows Home to Windows Pro not activating in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; On my quite new and still under warranty Surface Pro 6, which came with Windows Home, I purchased from the MS Store the upgrade to Windows Pro. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jeff_Parker, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Purchased upgrade from Windows Home to Windows Pro not activating

On my quite new and still under warranty Surface Pro 6, which came with Windows Home, I purchased from the MS Store the upgrade to Windows Pro.

It seemed to be ok, but I noticed the other day that Activate Windows appears in the bottom right of the screen and when I go to Settings it says that Windows is not activated. Indeed for some reason it saya that Windows 10 Enterprise is installed, which is not what I paid for.

I've tried all the Troubleshooting and trying to contact support online, but got no where. I'm very annoyed, as I still am in the Tech Support period of the warranty, but there seems to be no way of accessing this that I can see.

Can someone from MS please URGENTLY contact me about this. If needed the Order number for the upgrade is 3944398605.

:)

Jeff_Parker, Mar 16, 2019

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 16, 2019
  3. snowbound Win User
    Anyone can upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for $14.99.

There are two upgrades for Windows8. The $40 offer which DOES not require a key for prior version of Windows and then there is the $14.99 version for recently new purchasers of a Win7 box WHICH requires in step 2 to enter your Windows7 key.

snowbound, Mar 16, 2019
  4. tigger Win User

Purchased upgrade from Windows Home to Windows Pro not activating

Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

I was considering buying a WMC pro add on for my windows 8.1 pro install, but have googled and found some people had trouble activating it. Has anyone on here got any experience with this.

As to my install, I have a real Windows 8 pro key. So I installed windows 8 pro using a MSDN retail .iso which was activated soon as it finished installing , then I updated to .1 pro.

When you buy the WMC add on, it changes your key, I have read some people have had trouble activating it, now mine activates from windows, I hate doing the phone activation crap, so I don't want to have to do that after the WMC add on finishes installing.

The question is, what happens to my windows 8 pro key, is it still usable? and how would i go about if I had to reinstall? would it have to be-

Install win 8 pro-update to 8.1-install WMC add on, or could i use a windows 8.1 pro with WMC disc?

Thanks guys

Tigger

tigger, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

Purchased upgrade from Windows Home to Windows Pro not activating

1. Purchased upgrade from Windows Home to Windows Pro not activating - Similar Threads - Purchased upgrade Home

2. Problems with activating Windows Pro upgrade from Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problems with activating Windows Pro upgrade from Home: I own Windows 10 Home and have purchased the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. However, I have not received any activation key and when trying to upgrade in Microsoft Store, I'm asked to buy it again. Can someone please explain how this can be happening in 2022? I'm really...
  3. Problems with activating Windows Pro upgrade from Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with activating Windows Pro upgrade from Home: I own Windows 10 Home and have purchased the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. However, I have not received any activation key and when trying to upgrade in Microsoft Store, I'm asked to buy it again. Can someone please explain how this can be happening in 2022? I'm really...
  4. Problems with activating Windows Pro upgrade from Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't activate newly purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't activate newly purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Windows 10 Home: I have a brand new HP desktop computer, right out of the box.It came with Windows 10 Home. I am using it for work projects so my tech person told me to upgrade to Windows Pro. I purchased Windows Pro from the Microsoft store and received a confirmation email.I got an error...
  6. Can't activate newly purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't activate newly purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Windows 10 Home: I have a brand new HP desktop computer, right out of the box.It came with Windows 10 Home. I am using it for work projects so my tech person told me to upgrade to Windows Pro. I purchased Windows Pro from the Microsoft store and received a confirmation email.I got an error...
  7. Can't activate newly purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Pro and Activation

Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Pro and Activation: Hi, If I upgrade my Windows 10 license from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro will Windows 10 Pro be the version that is activated on machines that I install from then on, like Windows 10 Home is now, or will it only be valid for one machine Windows 10 Pro and the rest will...
  9. Activation for Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home

Activation for Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Home: Hi, I bought an 1 yr old HP laptop from a friend, restored factory settings, and trying to set up. I purchased upgrade from Microsoft for Windows 10 Pro from Home and it won't activate. Receipt contains no product key. When I try to active with Microsoft account, message...
  10. Can't activate Windows 10 Pro after purchasing upgrade from Windows 10 Home

Can't activate Windows 10 Pro after purchasing upgrade from Windows 10 Home: Bought a Windows 10 Pro upgrade, but Windows won't activate as now it believes it has Windows 10 Enterprise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-windows-10-pro-after-purchasing/82bcb310-2b38-49b4-a885-b7e6098b09eb"