Windows 10: Purchased Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - It will not install from Windows Store

Discus and support Purchased Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - It will not install from Windows Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I just spent over $100 to upgrade from Home to Pro. When I try to run the upgrade it says, "Something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade". This... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by EG_872, Apr 7, 2021.

1. EG_872 Win User

Purchased Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - It will not install from Windows Store

I just spent over $100 to upgrade from Home to Pro. When I try to run the upgrade it says, "Something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade". This happens both in my user account is admin and the built in Administrator account. When I try inputting the license key manually, Windows rejects it and says it's not genuine, thus forcing me to revert to the OEM product key.

:)

EG_872, Apr 7, 2021
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Apr 7, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Purchased Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - It will not install from Windows Store

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Purchased Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - It will not install from Windows Store

1. Purchased Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - It will not install from Windows Store - Similar Threads - Purchased Upgrade Pro

2. Windows 11 Pro upgrade purchased from Windows store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro upgrade purchased from Windows store: I am testing a surface tablet with Windows 11 home I need to purchase an upgrade to pro to fully test. However this testing Surface only had 128 drive so I might need to purchase a more costly larger model. If I determine I need to purchase a larger model can I somehow move...
  3. Windows 11 Pro upgrade purchased from Windows store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro upgrade purchased from Windows store: I am testing a surface tablet with Windows 11 home I need to purchase an upgrade to pro to fully test. However this testing Surface only had 128 drive so I might need to purchase a more costly larger model. If I determine I need to purchase a larger model can I somehow move...
  4. can not upgrade to windows 10 pro after purchasing from microsoft store

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    can not upgrade to windows 10 pro after purchasing from microsoft store: I purchased a new Dell computer and then purchased the Windows 10 Pro upgrade from microsoft store and it will not install.The message says: " We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a vailid digital license or product key." Do not understand what to...
  5. Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store, but Windows installed...

Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store, but Windows installed...: Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store, but I believe Windows installed a deactivated enterprise. The installation failed during installation process and I received the following errors 0x80072EE7 and 0x80070005. Under Activation, it shows Windows 10...
  6. Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Microsoft Store and installation failed with error...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Microsoft Store and installation failed with error...: Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Microsoft Store and installation failed with error 0x80070005.User account is the administrator account. Restarted computer and now my valid activated Windows 10 Home has changed to Windows Enterprise and is no longer activated.Winver...
  7. Cannot activate Windows 10 pro upgrade purchased from Windows Store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot activate Windows 10 pro upgrade purchased from Windows Store: Ipurchased Windows 10 pro installed as Enterpriseupgrade upgraded from Win 10 home from Microsoft Store on 1/6/21. Downloaded and installed with no problem. Supposed to be a digital activation, but that did not occur. Now I get daily reminders to activate before I can...
  8. WINDOWS 10 Pro upgrade purchased from Microsoft Store will not activate

WINDOWS 10 Pro upgrade purchased from Microsoft Store will not activate: Brought new Dell PC with Windows 10 Home installed 2 days ago. I immediately purchased Windows Pro 10 upgrade through Windows Store App. Paid for and downloaded no problem. Once done rebooted fine and joined the PC to the network domain. Next morning I find "TEST DISPLAY"...
  9. RESOLVED: Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro purchased directly from the Store didn't install...

RESOLVED: Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro purchased directly from the Store didn't install...: I was having trouble getting Windows Update to move me from the Windows 10 Home edition 1903.1016 build to build 1909 or 2004. So, I purchased a Windows Pro up from Microsoft which is something I wanted to do anyway. However, it failed to upgrade my PC to Pro edition. I...
  10. Purchased Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store, but Windows Installed Deactivated...

Purchased Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store, but Windows Installed Deactivated...: I originally ran on Windows 10 Home, 1903, under digital license (The OS came with the PC). The license is, in turn, linked to my Microsoft account. I then purchased an upgrade to Pro version from the Microsoft store app (I used the link provided in Settings>Update &...