Windows 10: Purchased used Windows 10 Desktop but still connected to old owners Microsoft Account.

Discus and support Purchased used Windows 10 Desktop but still connected to old owners Microsoft Account. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Anybody know how to get past the Microsoft Account logon screen. I reset the Desktop and can log on the computer but can not bypass the previous... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MartinGaines, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Purchased used Windows 10 Desktop but still connected to old owners Microsoft Account.

Anybody know how to get past the Microsoft Account logon screen.

I reset the Desktop and can log on the computer but can not bypass the previous owners Microsoft Account logon.

I have left messages with the previous owner and they have not returned my calls.

Thanks

:)

MartinGaines, Jan 24, 2019

2. Purchased used Windows 10 Desktop but still connected to old owners Microsoft Account.

Anybody know how to get past the Microsoft Account logon screen.

I reset the Desktop and can log on the computer but can not bypass the previous owners Microsoft Account logon.

I have left messages with the previous owner and they have not returned my calls.

Thanks

MartinGaines, Dec 16, 2019
  3. BobZ2 Win User
    Old Owner Name

I bought a used Axim. I changed the Device ID in Settings -> System ->

About. I changed the owner name in Settings -> Personal -> Owner Info.

But when I use Send To on a Windows 7 "desktop", the option for my

Axim lists the old owner's name. Not a major problem, but definitely

annoying. I couldn't find that name in the registry (on the Axim).

Can anyone suggest another place to look?

Thanks.

BobZ2, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Scrizz Win User

Purchased used Windows 10 Desktop but still connected to old owners Microsoft Account.

Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

Purchased used Windows 10 Desktop but still connected to old owners Microsoft Account.

1. Purchased used Windows 10 Desktop but still connected to old owners Microsoft Account. - Similar Threads - Purchased used Desktop

2. Dell system still has old owner information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell system still has old owner information: Bought a DELL system off ebay and it upgraded to windows 11. Tried to go back to Windows 10 by doing the O/S Recovery tool. Well.. lo and behold... the information for the system is a school district. I can't seem to get into the BIOS either. What can I do? Do I have a brick?...
  3. Dell system still has old owner information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell system still has old owner information: Bought a DELL system off ebay and it upgraded to windows 11. Tried to go back to Windows 10 by doing the O/S Recovery tool. Well.. lo and behold... the information for the system is a school district. I can't seem to get into the BIOS either. What can I do? Do I have a brick?...
  4. Dell system still has old owner information

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Old computer still appearing on Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old computer still appearing on Microsoft Account: Welcome,I have a problem with a device appearing on my Microsoft account. Every time I remove it from my account from devices as well as Microsoft Store after some time it appears again.It happened after I once logged into Minecraft Bedrock on my buddy's computer. I left...
  6. Old computer still appearing on Microsoft Account

Old computer still appearing on Microsoft Account: Welcome,I have a problem with a device appearing on my Microsoft account. Every time I remove it from my account from devices as well as Microsoft Store after some time it appears again.It happened after I once logged into Minecraft Bedrock on my buddy's computer. I left...
  7. Microsoft Account still using old phone number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account still using old phone number: My Microsoft Account has my current phone number, and I deleted the old number, but when it constantly demands to send me a 'verification code' to my phone, it is still using the old number, which shouldn't even exist anymore. This is on top of the fact that they cannot even...
  8. Microsoft Account still using old phone number

Microsoft Account still using old phone number: My Microsoft Account has my current phone number, and I deleted the old number, but when it constantly demands to send me a 'verification code' to my phone, it is still using the old number, which shouldn't even exist anymore. This is on top of the fact that they cannot even...
  9. Old Microsoft account password still accepted as Windows desktop login?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Old Microsoft account password still accepted as Windows desktop login?: Hi all, I have a quick question regarding password changes. I changed my password for my Microsoft account a few days ago, and as always, I had to re-enter/update it on other devices and apps, like my Xbox, Microsoft Store, this Microsoft Community site, etc. However, I...
  10. old microsoft account still asking for password

in Windows 10 Customization
    old microsoft account still asking for password: I switched to a new Microsoft account over a year ago. I switched Outlook, Office, Skype, and of course the main Microsoft account. All seem to be using the new account and they all list the new account email. However, I daily get a popup stating there is a problem with the...