Windows 10: Purchased Win10 Pro Upgrade from store, will not activate

Discus and support Purchased Win10 Pro Upgrade from store, will not activate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The computer came with Win10 Home. I purchased a Win10 Pro upgrade from the Miicrosoft store. Now on the activation page it states I have Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AffordablePaypal, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Purchased Win10 Pro Upgrade from store, will not activate

The computer came with Win10 Home. I purchased a Win10 Pro upgrade from the Miicrosoft store. Now on the activation page it states I have Windows 10 Enterprisewhich I did not purchase - I purchase Windows 10 Professional upgrade. It also states "We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license or product key"I have called to do the activation by phone but I just get sent through a merry go round of automated prompts and then it tells me goodbye and hangs up.The upgrade purchase does not show in my store purchases.How do I get in contact with a human?

:)

AffordablePaypal, Jul 13, 2021
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Win10 upgrade and a retail purchase of Win10 Pro- not the same.

I am really disappointed. I have an older laptop that had Windows 7 on it and no key for any version of windows stored in bios. I purchased an upgrade to Windows 8 Pro, then got the free upgrade to Windows 8.1 Pro. I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro for free. Then, because I like to have a clean system, I deleted all the partitions on the hard drive, booted from a DVD made from the Windows 10 upgrade ISO, and did a clean install. SLMGR /DLV shows a Windows Pro Edition, RETAIL channel and SLMGR /XPR shows an activated Windows Pro with a permanent activation and system information under control panel says Windows 10 Pro. Now, according to Mr. Pombrio in the OP, I only have "an update patch on top of Windows 8.1 to make it look like Win10. Lets call it Win8.1++. "

Mr. Pombrio, can you please tell me what I would gain if I purchased a retail license for Windows 10 Pro?

NavyLCDR, Jul 13, 2021
  3. D&SAP Win User
    Upgrade to Win10 Pro after windows re-install. Win10 Pro already purchased with digital key but activation will not change from Home to Pro

Win10 Pro already purchased with digital key from MS Store and but activation will not change from Home to Pro

D&SAP, Jul 13, 2021
  4. Purchased Win10 Pro Upgrade from store, will not activate

Win10 upgrade from home to pro via ms store, cannot activate

Hello,

I'm having hp x360 spectre with win10 home and purchased via ms store upgrade win10 pro, but it keeps refusing activation and dispatching error codes. I tried to reset installation...etc....really mess. But eventually I'll get it all back and running, but
    still cannot activate win10 pro.

see attach

Purchased Win10 Pro Upgrade from store, will not activate 26dced7f-b293-4d57-9d04-6500e9177adb?upload=true.jpg

NebojsaRistic, Jul 13, 2021
Thema:

Purchased Win10 Pro Upgrade from store, will not activate

1. Purchased Win10 Pro Upgrade from store, will not activate - Similar Threads - Purchased Win10 Pro

2. Windows 11 Pro upgrade purchased from Windows store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro upgrade purchased from Windows store: I am testing a surface tablet with Windows 11 home I need to purchase an upgrade to pro to fully test. However this testing Surface only had 128 drive so I might need to purchase a more costly larger model. If I determine I need to purchase a larger model can I somehow move...
  3. Windows 11 Pro upgrade purchased from Windows store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro upgrade purchased from Windows store: I am testing a surface tablet with Windows 11 home I need to purchase an upgrade to pro to fully test. However this testing Surface only had 128 drive so I might need to purchase a more costly larger model. If I determine I need to purchase a larger model can I somehow move...
  4. Cannot activate Windows 10 pro upgrade purchased from Windows Store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot activate Windows 10 pro upgrade purchased from Windows Store: Ipurchased Windows 10 pro installed as Enterpriseupgrade upgraded from Win 10 home from Microsoft Store on 1/6/21. Downloaded and installed with no problem. Supposed to be a digital activation, but that did not occur. Now I get daily reminders to activate before I can...
  5. WINDOWS 10 Pro upgrade purchased from Microsoft Store will not activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WINDOWS 10 Pro upgrade purchased from Microsoft Store will not activate: Brought new Dell PC with Windows 10 Home installed 2 days ago. I immediately purchased Windows Pro 10 upgrade through Windows Store App. Paid for and downloaded no problem. Once done rebooted fine and joined the PC to the network domain. Next morning I find "TEST DISPLAY"...
  6. Purchased Win10 Pro upgrade from store.. upgraded SSD then reinstalled.. Now it's HOME AGAIN?

Purchased Win10 Pro upgrade from store.. upgraded SSD then reinstalled.. Now it's HOME AGAIN?: As said in the subject, I purchased the 10-Pro upgrade from the MacroHard store on August 9th, then upgraded the SSD and reinstalled from a USB I made from a legit ISO downloaded from the MS website. First, it failed to activate at all saying my key had been used elsewhere...
  7. Upgrading Win10 Home (activated) to Pro (not activated)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading Win10 Home (activated) to Pro (not activated): Hi! I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10 Home activated with a digital license connected to my Microsoft account. I’d like to upgrade to Pro but as I don’t have the money for a new product key I’d like to keep it non-activated. I don’t mind sacrificing personalization...
  8. Win10 upgrade from home to pro via ms store, cannot activate

Win10 upgrade from home to pro via ms store, cannot activate: Hello, I'm having hp x360 spectre with win10 home and purchased via ms store upgrade win10 pro, but it keeps refusing activation and dispatching error codes. I tried to reset installation...etc....really mess. But eventually I'll get it all back and running, but still cannot...
  9. Purchased upgrade from Windows Home to Windows Pro not activating

Purchased upgrade from Windows Home to Windows Pro not activating: On my quite new and still under warranty Surface Pro 6, which came with Windows Home, I purchased from the MS Store the upgrade to Windows Pro. It seemed to be ok, but I noticed the other day that Activate Windows appears in the bottom right of the screen and when I go to...
  10. Win10 upgrade and a retail purchase of Win10 Pro- not the same.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 upgrade and a retail purchase of Win10 Pro- not the same.: MAJOR EDIT 2015-08-02 I am grateful for the folks that have posted here to correct my outdated views of how Win10 is activated and stored. My age is showing and what used to be the way I remembered how MS protected its OS from being misused and how it can remember that my...