Windows 10: Purchased Win10 Pro upgrade on Win10 Home machine, upgrade failed and is now asking for...

Discus and support Purchased Win10 Pro upgrade on Win10 Home machine, upgrade failed and is now asking for... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; First off, it seems insane to me that MS has done away with human interaction other than free crowd-sourced support, but anyway...A client I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Adam Sharkey, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Purchased Win10 Pro upgrade on Win10 Home machine, upgrade failed and is now asking for...

First off, it seems insane to me that MS has done away with human interaction other than free crowd-sourced support, but anyway...A client I am assisting has purchased a Windows 10 Pro upgrade on a machine that had Win10 Home installed. Began the installation, which promptly failed. Store app crashed. Upon trying to restart this, the link says Buy again and is now listed 30 dollars more expensive than the price it was just purchased at. The upgrade does not show up anywhere in available downloads/updates, but it does show in the Purchase History window when managing the account. Getting the ap

:)

Adam Sharkey, Jul 22, 2021
  2. erikyuzwa Win User

Purchased Windows10 Pro license and trying to upgrade from Win10 Home Insider Preview

Hey everyone,

Inadvertently got myself "stuck" during an upgrade.

My Win10 machine has been on a Win10 Home setup for several years - I upgraded from Win8.1 with the free Win10 upgrade as soon as they were available a few years ago.

Anyways, I wanted to upgrade to a proper Pro license. I've just purchased it on the store, but the attempt to upgrade from my Home to Pro failed.

In the Activation settings screen, I see that I'm on a Windows 10 Home Insider Preview, but Windows is not activated (0xC004F034 error)

Do I have the wrong type of Pro license?

erikyuzwa, Jul 22, 2021
  3. WHickey3 Win User
    win10 upgrade fails for Win7 desktop machine

OK, so I'm running Win7 on a desktop, and Microsoft is pestering me to upgrade to Win10. I finally tell them to download the update, and it fails giving me a code. I click on the link to explain the code, and (surprise) the code is not in the list to
    be explained. I click on Microsoft FixIt to try to resolve the issue, and it says it couldn't fix the problems. So ... it makes me wonder. The two previous machines I upgraded had NO SUCH problems - one upgraded from Win7 and the other from Win8.

WHickey3, Jul 22, 2021
  4. Purchased Win10 Pro upgrade on Win10 Home machine, upgrade failed and is now asking for...

Win10 Pro

Hi, I bought a Win10 upgrade license on my old laptop. At the time I had a lot of issues upgrading the OEM Win10 Home as the upgrade purchase didn;t come with a product key. After lots of phone calls with MS they eventually provided me with a product key
    and the laptop was upgraded to Win10 Pro.

I now have a new laptop and still require the Pro functionality. Following the steps here (which also tells me my Win10 Pro upgrade license is transferrable):

How to Transfer your Windows 10 License to a New Computer

the OEMPurchased Win10 Pro upgrade on Win10 Home machine, upgrade failed and is now asking for... :DM Win10 Home didn't upgrade using the MediaCreationTool (it just offers to install Win10 Home), and the System > Upgrade and Settings > Activation upgrade function doesn't accept the product key I've purchased.

Any help would be appreciated - although useful Win10 is awful to upgrade and MS seem to have deprecatated a lot of their contact options.

FractalMonkey, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

Purchased Win10 Pro upgrade on Win10 Home machine, upgrade failed and is now asking for...

1. Purchased Win10 Pro upgrade on Win10 Home machine, upgrade failed and is now asking for... - Similar Threads - Purchased Win10 Pro

2. win10 pro upgrade from win10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 pro upgrade from win10 home: I'm upgrading my home edition to pro which I have done before with other win10 home pc's, don't need or want the hassle of a new install. I got a win10 pro, its the full pkg, with an install cd. first I did the change key with the generic win 10 pro key, reboot, and then...
  3. Upgrade from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

Upgrade from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: I just completed an upgrade from Win10 Home to Pro. I paid $99 to do this.Everything seemed to be going well, but right at the end, the upgrade terminated giving me an error 0X80070005. My PC was "frozen," so I rebooted.On the reboot, the system went through several rounds of...
  4. Purchased Win10 Pro upgrade from store.. upgraded SSD then reinstalled.. Now it's HOME AGAIN?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Purchased Win10 Pro upgrade from store.. upgraded SSD then reinstalled.. Now it's HOME AGAIN?: As said in the subject, I purchased the 10-Pro upgrade from the MacroHard store on August 9th, then upgraded the SSD and reinstalled from a USB I made from a legit ISO downloaded from the MS website. First, it failed to activate at all saying my key had been used elsewhere...
  5. Upgrade rom Win10 home to Win10 pro

Upgrade rom Win10 home to Win10 pro: Hi all, Does all apps remaining on the upgraded computer when doing the upgrade? It's very important because I use software that needs machine codes in cloud to use. Otherwise I have to ask new machine codes to my software vendors. It would be great that these apps still...
  6. Upgrade win10 home to win10 pro

Upgrade win10 home to win10 pro: I'm trying to upgrade my win10 home to pro but I'm stuck. The steps taken are below: 1. I disconnected my internet-connection. 2. I went to systems->"Update&Security" -> Activation -> "Change Product Key" 3. I entered the generic key "VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T" and the...
  7. Win8 purchased Win10 free upgrade Now Reinstall Win10

Win8 purchased Win10 free upgrade Now Reinstall Win10: Originally, I purchased Windows 8 and installed it on my Mac with Parallels. After installing, Microsoft offered a free upgrade to Windows 10. I now want to remove Windows from Parallels and reinstall it using BootCamp. How can I do this? I do not have Windows 10 on disc or...
  8. Many fails at upgrading Win10 home to Pro

Many fails at upgrading Win10 home to Pro: keep getting error code when trying to upgrade from 10 Home to pro. I purchased upgrade via Microsoft Store. I've looked all online (I googled and ran in circles on the Microsoft page) and my error code somehow isnt showing up anywhere else. someone please help me....
  9. Upgrade Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: Recently I have replaced my Win 8.1 Home edition with a Win 10 Home edition. (64-bit) Now I would like to upgrade Win10 Home to a Win10 Pro Edition. How do I do that and what will it cost me? 31154
  10. Win10 upgrade and a retail purchase of Win10 Pro- not the same.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 upgrade and a retail purchase of Win10 Pro- not the same.: MAJOR EDIT 2015-08-02 I am grateful for the folks that have posted here to correct my outdated views of how Win10 is activated and stored. My age is showing and what used to be the way I remembered how MS protected its OS from being misused and how it can remember that my...