Windows 10: Purchased Windows 10 Home, system showing it as 10 Pro

Discus and support Purchased Windows 10 Home, system showing it as 10 Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all, Bit puzzled what happened, really : I purchased Windows 10 Home to replace my Windows 7. Installation went smoothly I choose one with keeping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MBPar, Jan 21, 2020.

1. MBPar Win User

Purchased Windows 10 Home, system showing it as 10 Pro

Hi all,

Bit puzzled what happened, really : I purchased Windows 10 Home to replace my Windows 7. Installation went smoothly I choose one with keeping all files and application but when I'm trying to activate it, that's when it goes south. On Activation part of the Settings it shows now that I have Windows 10 Pro and it gives different product key. When I tried to change product key and use one received with my purchase, I have error message: The product key that you entered didn’t work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one error 0xc004f050.

Honestly I can't remember what type of Windows 7 I had, is it possible that it was Pro and that's why after upgrade it now require 10 Pro as well which I don't really need. I'm trying to avoid installing full system from scratch, as it would be real nightmare to have to set up all things on my computer from start.

Any thoughts how I could resolve that would be appreciated.

Regards,

Michal

:)

MBPar, Jan 21, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Purchased Windows 10 Home, system showing it as 10 Pro

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

Purchased Windows 10 Home, system showing it as 10 Pro

1. Purchased Windows 10 Home, system showing it as 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Purchased Home system

2. Windows 10 Home purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home purchase: Advice needed!I have a HP EliteBook 840 laptop. I want to continue using this. Have decided to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10 Home. Where do I buy a Win 10 for downloading? I know that Win 10 is an old OS, but I doubt that my PC can use Win 11. Pls give advice!...
  3. Windows 10 Home purchase

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home purchase: Advice needed!I have a HP EliteBook 840 laptop. I want to continue using this. Have decided to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10 Home. Where do I buy a Win 10 for downloading? I know that Win 10 is an old OS, but I doubt that my PC can use Win 11. Pls give advice!...
  4. Windows 10 Home purchase

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Pro Purchase Now Defaults to Home

Windows 10 Pro Purchase Now Defaults to Home: Purchased below Win 10 Pro DVD WIN PRO 10 64BIT ENGLISH 1PK DSP OEI DVD Label Part No.: X20-19608 Internal Part:FQC-08930 Work Order No.:71513/1 Build Date:03/12/23 Made in USA PrinterID No.:799 Updated my system with the new product key on 12/19/2023. Later, I attempted to...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Purchase Now Defaults to Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Purchase Now Defaults to Home: Purchased below Win 10 Pro DVD WIN PRO 10 64BIT ENGLISH 1PK DSP OEI DVD Label Part No.: X20-19608 Internal Part:FQC-08930 Work Order No.:71513/1 Build Date:03/12/23 Made in USA PrinterID No.:799 Updated my system with the new product key on 12/19/2023. Later, I attempted to...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Purchase Now Defaults to Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. purchased Windows 10 Pro but the system shows as Windows Enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    purchased Windows 10 Pro but the system shows as Windows Enterprise: Dears, Kindly assist me on this. I have purchased Windows 10 Pro from official Microsoft site in order to upgrade my Windows 10. However there were some error messages came and now my system profile shows as Windows Enterprise. What should I do ? I am unable to...
  9. Just purchased the Windows 10 home to pro upgrade, following update Windows is showing as...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Just purchased the Windows 10 home to pro upgrade, following update Windows is showing as...: As per the title, I just purchased the Windows 10 home to pro upgrade via my Microsoft account linked to my PC, and following this immediately clicked the install button. Following the reboot, i find that it lists the version of Windows as Windows 10 Enterprise and that it...
  10. purchased windows 10 home

purchased windows 10 home: before upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10 home, I didn't know that it is free but I had purchased windows 10 home from Microsoft store. Now what about my money?...