Windows 10: Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Microsoft Store and installation failed with error...

Discus and support Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Microsoft Store and installation failed with error... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Microsoft Store and installation failed with error 0x80070005.User account is the administrator account.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Blackman54, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Microsoft Store and installation failed with error...

Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Microsoft Store and installation failed with error 0x80070005.User account is the administrator account. Restarted computer and now my valid activated Windows 10 Home has changed to Windows Enterprise and is no longer activated.Winver shows I have Windows 20H2 OS Build 19042.1110 and is licensed to me.MS Store purchase does not display any product key for Windows 10 Pro in the invoice or order information.Need assistance and not able to find a way to get assistance from Microsoft.

:)

Blackman54, Jul 22, 2021

2. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade problem

I bought a new PC with Windows 10 Home and after making sure it was up to date I went to Settings/Update/Activation/Microsoft Store and purchased the Windows 10 Pro upgrade. I clicked Install on the Microsoft Store window and when done I got the following error. "We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license or product key. If you think you do have a valid license or key, select Troubleshoot below. Error code: 0xC004C003"

I clicked on Troubleshoot and it couldn't solve the problem and said to contact support for help which was no help as it just referenced a bunch of articles.

One thing I noticed is it shows Windows 10 Enterprise as the version. I purchased the Windows 10 Pro upgrade. I didn't know there was an Enterprise version and it wasn't listed on the upgrade page.

Any suggestions?

Gary S 1964, Jul 22, 2021
  3. JP_2516 Win User
    Purchased Windows 10 pro upgrade stuck on working on it

• When exactly does the Windows 10 pro upgrade gets stuck? - After i purchased it from the microsoft online store and after clicking no on save files before upgrade (or something like that ), i go back to the screen and i see working on it ....

• Where did you purchase Windows 10 pro upgrade? - Purchased it from the microsoft store

• Are you getting any error message? - None at all

What i did, is that after awhile, it seems to be stuck, i restarted the laptop.

JP_2516, Jul 22, 2021
  4. Frick Win User

Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Microsoft Store and installation failed with error...

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Microsoft Store and installation failed with error...

1. Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Microsoft Store and installation failed with error... - Similar Threads - Purchased Pro upgrade

2. I purchased the Upgrade from Microsoft store to upgrade Windows Home to Window Pro.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I purchased the Upgrade from Microsoft store to upgrade Windows Home to Window Pro.: I clicked install and i get an error 0x80070490. I followed the error message to responses that tell you to enter a valid activation code I copied it and entered it into Change Product Key and I get the same error. Unable to upgrade your edition go to store to buy genuine...
  3. can not upgrade to windows 10 pro after purchasing from microsoft store

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    can not upgrade to windows 10 pro after purchasing from microsoft store: I purchased a new Dell computer and then purchased the Windows 10 Pro upgrade from microsoft store and it will not install.The message says: " We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a vailid digital license or product key." Do not understand what to...
  4. Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store, but Windows installed...

Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store, but Windows installed...: Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store, but I believe Windows installed a deactivated enterprise. The installation failed during installation process and I received the following errors 0x80072EE7 and 0x80070005. Under Activation, it shows Windows 10...
  5. Ordered Windows 10 upgrade to Pro from Microsoft store. Install failed with Error...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ordered Windows 10 upgrade to Pro from Microsoft store. Install failed with Error...: Ordered Windows 10 upgrade to Pro from Microsoft store. Install failed with Error Code:0x80070005. Not getting anywhere. Almost new Laptop. Windows 10 Home 20H2 installed 5/13/2021.McAfee antivirus installed.Trial Office 360 removed.Office Pro 2019 installed.OneDrive kept...
  6. Purchased Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - It will not install from Windows Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Purchased Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - It will not install from Windows Store: I just spent over $100 to upgrade from Home to Pro. When I try to run the upgrade it says, "Something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade". This happens both in my user account is admin and the built in Administrator account. When I try inputting the license key...
  7. WINDOWS 10 Pro upgrade purchased from Microsoft Store will not activate

WINDOWS 10 Pro upgrade purchased from Microsoft Store will not activate: Brought new Dell PC with Windows 10 Home installed 2 days ago. I immediately purchased Windows Pro 10 upgrade through Windows Store App. Paid for and downloaded no problem. Once done rebooted fine and joined the PC to the network domain. Next morning I find "TEST DISPLAY"...
  8. Windows Pro - purchased from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Pro - purchased from Microsoft Store: Hi, a few weeks ago I upgraded from Windows 10 Home edition to Pro as I was needing to work from home with this Covid-19 going around. I purchased from Microsoft Store, it was paid using my credit card which has been debited, but it looks like it was corrupted. I have never...
  9. Purchased Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft Store but Activitation Failed

Purchased Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft Store but Activitation Failed: I have Windows 10 Home and paided for an upgrade though Microsoft Store. The upgrade installed but I continue to get activate windows message. I have run troubleshooter several times but it fails stating "no product key was found" code: 0xC004f23. I have attempted to go...
  10. Purchased Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store, but Windows Installed Deactivated...

Purchased Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store, but Windows Installed Deactivated...: I originally ran on Windows 10 Home, 1903, under digital license (The OS came with the PC). The license is, in turn, linked to my Microsoft account. I then purchased an upgrade to Pro version from the Microsoft store app (I used the link provided in Settings>Update &...