Windows 10: Purchased Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store, but Windows Installed Deactivated...

Discus and support Purchased Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store, but Windows Installed Deactivated... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I originally ran on Windows 10 Home, 1903, under digital license (The OS came with the PC). The license is, in turn, linked to my Microsoft account.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by The Knight Dark, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Purchased Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store, but Windows Installed Deactivated...

I originally ran on Windows 10 Home, 1903, under digital license (The OS came with the PC). The license is, in turn, linked to my Microsoft account.

I then purchased an upgrade to Pro version from the Microsoft store app (I used the link provided in Settings>Update & Security>Activation). I installed what I purchased from the store, the PC restarted.

After the restart, I discovered that the Windows edition installed was not Pro, but Enterprise albeit deactivated. Worse, Windows says it cannot "activate Windows on this device because dont have a valid digital license or product key..." It also shows error code 0x803F7001.

Clicking "Troubleshoot" does not work as it only says that I'm not connected to the Internet. But I am connected to the Internet.

I referred to my Microsoft account and was able to confirm that what I purchased was indeed Pro and not Enterprise.

I just want an upgrade to Pro like I'm supposed and entitled to. Is there a way to fix this? Or have I been screwed by Microsoft?

:)

The Knight Dark, Jun 22, 2019
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 22, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Purchased Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store, but Windows Installed Deactivated...

Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Purchased Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store, but Windows Installed Deactivated...

1. Purchased Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store, but Windows Installed Deactivated... - Similar Threads - Purchased Pro Upgrade

2. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store Installed Deactivated Enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store Installed Deactivated Enterprise: Hello,I bought Windows 10 Pro on November 19, 2020 Order number 4007776415 from the Microsoft Store. It instead installed a deactivated Enterprise edition. At the time there was a support phone line where I was able to reach a human. They instructed me to enter a new product...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store Installed Deactivated Enterprise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store Installed Deactivated Enterprise: Hello,I bought Windows 10 Pro on November 19, 2020 Order number 4007776415 from the Microsoft Store. It instead installed a deactivated Enterprise edition. At the time there was a support phone line where I was able to reach a human. They instructed me to enter a new product...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade from Microsoft Store Installed Deactivated Enterprise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. can not upgrade to windows 10 pro after purchasing from microsoft store

can not upgrade to windows 10 pro after purchasing from microsoft store: I purchased a new Dell computer and then purchased the Windows 10 Pro upgrade from microsoft store and it will not install.The message says: " We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a vailid digital license or product key." Do not understand what to...
  6. Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store, but Windows installed...

Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store, but Windows installed...: Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store, but I believe Windows installed a deactivated enterprise. The installation failed during installation process and I received the following errors 0x80072EE7 and 0x80070005. Under Activation, it shows Windows 10...
  7. Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Microsoft Store and installation failed with error...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Microsoft Store and installation failed with error...: Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Microsoft Store and installation failed with error 0x80070005.User account is the administrator account. Restarted computer and now my valid activated Windows 10 Home has changed to Windows Enterprise and is no longer activated.Winver...
  8. Purchased Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - It will not install from Windows Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Purchased Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - It will not install from Windows Store: I just spent over $100 to upgrade from Home to Pro. When I try to run the upgrade it says, "Something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade". This happens both in my user account is admin and the built in Administrator account. When I try inputting the license key...
  9. WINDOWS 10 Pro upgrade purchased from Microsoft Store will not activate

WINDOWS 10 Pro upgrade purchased from Microsoft Store will not activate: Brought new Dell PC with Windows 10 Home installed 2 days ago. I immediately purchased Windows Pro 10 upgrade through Windows Store App. Paid for and downloaded no problem. Once done rebooted fine and joined the PC to the network domain. Next morning I find "TEST DISPLAY"...
  10. Windows Pro - purchased from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Pro - purchased from Microsoft Store: Hi, a few weeks ago I upgraded from Windows 10 Home edition to Pro as I was needing to work from home with this Covid-19 going around. I purchased from Microsoft Store, it was paid using my credit card which has been debited, but it looks like it was corrupted. I have never...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. purchased pro upgrade in microsoft store want to replace machine

2. purchased windows 10 pro upgrade from microsoft store but windows installed deactivated enterprise

3. windows 10 upgrade purchased how to activate

4. purchase windows 10 pro upgrade from microsoft store installed deactivated enterprise,
  5. purchased windows 10 pro from microsoft store but it shows as enterprise,
  6. activate windows 10 pro purchased from store