Windows 10: Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade through Store but the installation gave me Enterprise,...

Discus and support Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade through Store but the installation gave me Enterprise,... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased the Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store (my order history verifies this), but the procedure ended up putting Enterprise on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LeeHosbrough, May 30, 2019.

1. Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade through Store but the installation gave me Enterprise,...

I purchased the Windows 10 Pro upgrade from the Microsoft Store (my order history verifies this), but the procedure ended up putting Enterprise on the pc. Also, the machine will now not activate windows, saying I don't have a correct key or digital license.

There is no way to talk to a human being at Micro$oft without spending $499! I'm already out $105.99!!!! This is so insane that there is no human help without pay. I was given the wrong Microsoft and I don't think I'll be paying $499 to get back $105.

How do I fix this?!?!?!?!?!

:)

LeeHosbrough, May 30, 2019
  2. Mark_IV4 Win User

Purchased and Installed Windows 10 Pro Upgrade - but, is now showing Enterprise

I have a new laptop that came with Windows 10 Home installed. I purchased the $99 Windows Pro Upgrade and installed it. It is now showing the version is Windows 10 Enterprise. I checked my receipt and it's Windows 10 Pro (not Enterprise).

Now, Windows is saying that I need to Activate my Subscription, but it won't let me since I don't actually have an Enterprise purchase - just Pro.

I've read through some other Microsoft forums and similar problems have been reported by others. It sounds like to fix it you might need to reinstall and/or apply other solutions that are somewhat complicated. I'm ok with just purchasing Enterprise if I
    need to - as long as it's a simpler fix.

What do I need to do to fix this as easily as possible?

Thanks,

Mark_IV4, May 30, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows10 Home to Enterprise Upgrade Purchased

Hi JohnnyFRX

Can i assume you purchased the Pro upgrade, not the Enterprise upgrade - the Enterprise edition is not for personal use, it is fro companies and organisations . . .

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to System - About

What Edition is listed there, is it Pro or Enterprise?

DaveM121, May 30, 2019
  4. Frick Win User

Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade through Store but the installation gave me Enterprise,...

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, May 30, 2019
Thema:

Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade through Store but the installation gave me Enterprise,...

1. Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade through Store but the installation gave me Enterprise,... - Similar Threads - Purchased Pro upgrade

2. Purchased Windows 11 pro, the link gave me windows 11 Enterprise...can't activate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchased Windows 11 pro, the link gave me windows 11 Enterprise...can't activate.: I recently purchased a surface laptop with windows 11 home. I needed windows 11 pro so i could add it to a domain. I purchased a copy of pro, and clicked the download link provided. It installed a version of windows 11 Enterprise and now the OS will not activate. The on-line...
  3. Purchased Windows 11 pro, the link gave me windows 11 Enterprise...can't activate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchased Windows 11 pro, the link gave me windows 11 Enterprise...can't activate.: I recently purchased a surface laptop with windows 11 home. I needed windows 11 pro so i could add it to a domain. I purchased a copy of pro, and clicked the download link provided. It installed a version of windows 11 Enterprise and now the OS will not activate. The on-line...
  4. Windows store upgrade to windows 10 Pro failed. got upgraded me to windows 10 enterprise...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows store upgrade to windows 10 Pro failed. got upgraded me to windows 10 enterprise...: I recently had to perform a factory restore on my system which too the OS back to Win10 Home 1803. after performing the restore, I updated my OS to 20H1 Home using Windows update. then i went and downloaded and installed the 21H1 enablement package. My system should have been...
  5. Purchased Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - It will not install from Windows Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Purchased Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - It will not install from Windows Store: I just spent over $100 to upgrade from Home to Pro. When I try to run the upgrade it says, "Something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade". This happens both in my user account is admin and the built in Administrator account. When I try inputting the license key...
  6. windows pro upgrade purchased through the app store failed

windows pro upgrade purchased through the app store failed: I purchased A windows 10 pro upgrade from the app store. now it says I have windows enterprise and I cant even restore to a previous point or anything. I searched for the original OS product key in the PowerShell and found it and it doesn't work either as the product is now...
  7. I purchase the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft Store but it won't upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I purchase the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft Store but it won't upgrade: When I purchased my upgrade through the Microsoft Store, I clicked the Install button see directly below, Click that I have saved all files then get stuck on a screen that says Windows is "Getting things ready...." see second below. After many minutes of waiting nothing...
  8. Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade on laptop, it installed WIndows 10 Enterprise

Purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade on laptop, it installed WIndows 10 Enterprise: Recently I had purchased a Windows 10 Pro upgrade for my laptop, but after it did the upgrade in place, it was no longer activated and showing as a Windows 10 Enterprise. This is with the current 1903 (OS Build 18362.116). Is there any reason for this?...
  9. Purchased and Installed Windows 10 Pro Upgrade - but, is now showing Enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Purchased and Installed Windows 10 Pro Upgrade - but, is now showing Enterprise: I have a new laptop that came with Windows 10 Home installed. I purchased the $99 Windows Pro Upgrade and installed it. It is now showing the version is Windows 10 Enterprise. I checked my receipt and it's Windows 10 Pro (not Enterprise). Now, Windows is saying that I...
  10. Windows 10 Pro purchased through Store Problem with Activation

Windows 10 Pro purchased through Store Problem with Activation: I just upgraded to Windows 10 Pro with my Microsoft Account through the Microsoft Store. I purchased the Pro Version and installed it in my Dell Inspiron 15inch 5000 Series Laptop. I did all the updates all-right, and then I went to use my build. But now Windows System Info...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 pro upgrade gave me enterprise

2. windows 10 pro gave me enterprise

3. i upgraded to windows pro but it gave me enterprise

4. purchased windows pro through the store but i have enterprise,
  5. upgrade to pro gave me enterprise instead