Windows 10: purchased windows 10 when it first came out. Can I use this copy to upgrade from windows 7 ?

Discus and support purchased windows 10 when it first came out. Can I use this copy to upgrade from windows 7 ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; install windows 10 previously purchased.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mario saro, Jan 7, 2020.

1. purchased windows 10 when it first came out. Can I use this copy to upgrade from windows 7 ?

install windows 10 previously purchased.

:)

mario saro, Jan 7, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Jan 7, 2020
  4. purchased windows 10 when it first came out. Can I use this copy to upgrade from windows 7 ?

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

purchased windows 10 when it first came out. Can I use this copy to upgrade from windows 7 ?

1. purchased windows 10 when it first came out. Can I use this copy to upgrade from windows 7 ? - Similar Threads - purchased came copy

2. can i upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can i upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10: can i upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-windows-10/e8e063b6-95a6-41a2-85c1-a2279c82d129
  3. can i upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10: can i upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-windows-10/e8e063b6-95a6-41a2-85c1-a2279c82d129
  4. can i upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can we Upgrade first Windows 7 and then Windows 10 on Windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can we Upgrade first Windows 7 and then Windows 10 on Windows 8.1: Can we upgrade first to Windows 7 and then to Windows 10 on Windows 8.1? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-we-upgrade-first-windows-7-and-then-windows-10/ad16c6b5-9f2d-45bd-8512-be6c8bfe5b1a
  6. Can we Upgrade first Windows 7 and then Windows 10 on Windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can we Upgrade first Windows 7 and then Windows 10 on Windows 8.1: Can we upgrade first to Windows 7 and then to Windows 10 on Windows 8.1? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-we-upgrade-first-windows-7-and-then-windows-10/ad16c6b5-9f2d-45bd-8512-be6c8bfe5b1a
  7. Can the Windows 10 USB drive be used for upgrading from Windows 7?

Can the Windows 10 USB drive be used for upgrading from Windows 7?: Hello, I made a Windows 10 installation USB drive using the media creation tool. Can it be used to perform an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 without deleting files or it's only for clean installations? Thanks 169122
  8. i had upgraded when windows 10 came out from windows 7

i had upgraded when windows 10 came out from windows 7: i had upgraded to windows 10 when windows 10 was offered upgrade for free ...now my hard drive is bad and im going to replace the harddrive will i still be able to upgrade to windows 10 for free once i get the new harddrive in and going...
  9. upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10 using a retail purchased hard disc

upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10 using a retail purchased hard disc: I am planning to purchase a retail Windows 10 hard disc to replace my current Windows 7 Home OS. My current computer has a 686 GB hard disc. I am currently using only 162 GB of space. Is there anything special I need to know before installing the Windows 10 using a purchased...
  10. Upgraded to windows 10 from 7 when 10 first came out and now it's saying my subscription is up.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded to windows 10 from 7 when 10 first came out and now it's saying my subscription is up.: What can I do about this? I paid for windows 7 pro years ago but lost the product key and when I downloaded the update for my personal pc I jumped at the chance to go to 10. Now, years after the advertised free upgrade I'm being asked to re-up a subscription? I wasn't aware...