Windows 10: Purchased Windows10 Pro license and trying to upgrade from Win10 Home Insider Preview

Discus and support Purchased Windows10 Pro license and trying to upgrade from Win10 Home Insider Preview in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey everyone, Inadvertently got myself "stuck" during an upgrade. My Win10 machine has been on a Win10 Home setup for several years - I upgraded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by erikyuzwa, Apr 5, 2020.

1. erikyuzwa Win User

Purchased Windows10 Pro license and trying to upgrade from Win10 Home Insider Preview

Hey everyone,

Inadvertently got myself "stuck" during an upgrade.

My Win10 machine has been on a Win10 Home setup for several years - I upgraded from Win8.1 with the free Win10 upgrade as soon as they were available a few years ago.

Anyways, I wanted to upgrade to a proper Pro license. I've just purchased it on the store, but the attempt to upgrade from my Home to Pro failed.

In the Activation settings screen, I see that I'm on a Windows 10 Home Insider Preview, but Windows is not activated 0xC004F034 error

Do I have the wrong type of Pro license?

:)

erikyuzwa, Apr 5, 2020

2. Free Upgrade for Win10 Insider Preview Installations ?

I have windows 10 enterprise insider preview evaluation copy but I am trying to upgrade this with a purchased win10 home license key but having issues, it wont let me add the purchased license key, can you please advise.

Thanks

Alanmkendall, Apr 5, 2020
  3. VKHanson Win User
    Upgrade Win10 Home w/Insider Preview

My HP laptop came with Win 10 Home. I need to upgrade to Win 10 Pro, I have purchased a valid license product key.

I am running Win 10 Home Insider Preview Build 17083.rs_prerelease.180119-1645. I attempted to disable Insider Preview builds but restore failed to remove it and said I need to reinstall Windows 10 Home or reset. I'd rather not reset.

Can I upgrade to Windows 10 Pro while Insider Preview is enabled? I require advanced VPN/Bitlocker/RDP features not available on Home.

Thanks.

Vic

VKHanson, Apr 5, 2020
  4. vader860 Win User

Purchased Windows10 Pro license and trying to upgrade from Win10 Home Insider Preview

Licensed Windows 8.1 Pro Upgraded to Windows 10 using Insider Preview Key

On my licensed Windows 8.1 Pro install, I had signed up for the notification to download and upgrade to Windows 10 once it was available. I just got the prompt and proceeded to upgrade. When I checked the license status using slmgr.vbs /dlv I see that the
    Insider Program key is listed and it says that it could not activate.

I was using the same Microsoft Account on my Windows 8.1 Pro and for the Windows 10 Insider Preview. How can this be corrected? I am concerned that I have just lost my Windows 8.1 Pro upgrade and now have an unlicensed Windows 10.

vader860, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Purchased Windows10 Pro license and trying to upgrade from Win10 Home Insider Preview - Similar Threads - Purchased Windows10 Pro

2. Upgrade Win11 Home to Pro with Win10 Pro license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Win11 Home to Pro with Win10 Pro license: I purchased a PC with Win11 Home on it.I have on my Microsoft account a Win10 Pro license from my old PC that is not being used.Can I use that Win10 Pro license to upgrade my new Win11 Home to Pro?...
  3. Upgrade Win11 Home to Pro with Win10 Pro license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Win11 Home to Pro with Win10 Pro license: I purchased a PC with Win11 Home on it.I have on my Microsoft account a Win10 Pro license from my old PC that is not being used.Can I use that Win10 Pro license to upgrade my new Win11 Home to Pro?...
  4. Purchased Win10 Pro upgrade on Win10 Home machine, upgrade failed and is now asking for...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Purchased Win10 Pro upgrade on Win10 Home machine, upgrade failed and is now asking for...: First off, it seems insane to me that MS has done away with human interaction other than free crowd-sourced support, but anyway...A client I am assisting has purchased a Windows 10 Pro upgrade on a machine that had Win10 Home installed. Began the installation, which promptly...
  5. win10 pro upgrade from win10 home

win10 pro upgrade from win10 home: I'm upgrading my home edition to pro which I have done before with other win10 home pc's, don't need or want the hassle of a new install. I got a win10 pro, its the full pkg, with an install cd. first I did the change key with the generic win 10 pro key, reboot, and then...
  6. Upgrade from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

Upgrade from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: I just completed an upgrade from Win10 Home to Pro. I paid $99 to do this.Everything seemed to be going well, but right at the end, the upgrade terminated giving me an error 0X80070005. My PC was "frozen," so I rebooted.On the reboot, the system went through several rounds of...
  7. Unable to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro with purchased license key

Unable to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro with purchased license key: Hello, I purchased a windows 10 pro license key and attempted to use it to upgrade windows home to pro with no success and got an error saying my product key didn't work 0x800f0805. I then tried to use the generic update key VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T both while...
  8. Upgrading from Win10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from Win10 Home to Pro: Hey guys, I am considering to upgrade my Home to Pro version, due the lack of RDP feature on Home edition, which is now in this work-from-home times quite necessary. However, I cannot find the price for the upgrade. I follow the articles online: Settings -> Updates and...
  9. Windows10 Home to Enterprise Upgrade Purchased

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows10 Home to Enterprise Upgrade Purchased: I have a HP laptop that was shipped with Win10 Home installed. I now need some of the extras that come with Win10 Pro/Enterprise. I purchased an Enterprise license through the Microsoft Wizard from Microsoft for $100. The install went fine but will not activate. I receive the...
  10. upgradation of windows10 home to windows10 pro

upgradation of windows10 home to windows10 pro: i have windows10 home product key how i upgrade my presnt version to windows10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgradation-of-windows10-home-to-windows10-pro/8abe0aab-b2cb-48ae-a96f-669e9ad9ec3c