Windows 10: Purchased wrong upgrade version of Windows 10, can I return for right version?

Discus and support Purchased wrong upgrade version of Windows 10, can I return for right version? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I purchased and have a product key for Windows 10 Home upgrade but then noticed I have Windows 7 Professional, and the Media Creation Tool downloaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LaurieKantner, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Purchased wrong upgrade version of Windows 10, can I return for right version?

I purchased and have a product key for Windows 10 Home upgrade but then noticed I have Windows 7 Professional, and the Media Creation Tool downloaded Windows 10 Pro upgrade. How can I return my Home upgrade version for a Pro upgrade version?

:)

LaurieKantner, Jan 4, 2020

2. Purchased wrong version of Minecraft

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are looking for a refund for a wrong version purchase for Minecraft.

We as Microsoft community forum are here to help you with any technical suggestion on Microsoft product. However, anything related to purchase from Microsoft, you need to check with our

Microsoft Store support
    team and see if they can help you with this issue.

If you have purchased the game from Mojang, then we would suggest you to contact the

Mojang Support
    team and check for the refund related query.

We would also like to inform you that Minecraft has two collections, i.e.
    Minecraft for Windows 10 Starter and Master Collection.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Return Windows digital purchase.

I accidentally purchased the wrong version of windows. I would like to return it but the 'request a return' button doesn't show up in my order history. Can I return it?

TinedBard866851, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Purchased wrong upgrade version of Windows 10, can I return for right version?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Purchased wrong upgrade version of Windows 10, can I return for right version?

1. Purchased wrong upgrade version of Windows 10, can I return for right version? - Similar Threads - Purchased wrong upgrade

2. Wrong Minecraft version accidentally purchased

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Wrong Minecraft version accidentally purchased: I accidentally bought the Windows 10 version on the Microsoft store thinking it was the Java Edition. Can I swap my version for Java? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-minecraft-version-accidentally-purchased/b2d45c0c-d566-438b-9256-bfe514b86db3
  3. purchasing the wrong version of minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    purchasing the wrong version of minecraft: so i accidentally bught the windows 10 version of mine craft instead of the java edition. my laptop does not support the windows 10 addition and i feel if your device does not support something it should not allow you to still make the purchase so i was wondering if there...
  4. Wrong version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wrong version of windows 10: I just purchased windows 10 pro from the Microsoft store. I received my product key by email and the link to install windows 10 Pro. After installation was complete, my computer shows that windows 10 Home edition was installed. My receipt from Microsoft even shows that i...
  5. Purchased wrong version of Minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchased wrong version of Minecraft: I recently purchased minecraft windows 10 master version however I made a mistake as I need the Java version. The windows 10 version has been purchased but not installed as it states theres an error and is unable to install because there is no device linked to my microsoft...
  6. Windows 10 wrong version

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 wrong version: I had upgraded my windows 8 to windows 10 beta when that was available. Windows 10 works fine but my problem is when I installed windows 10 it installed 32 bit. My PC is a 64 bit machine. How can i correct my windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit? Is there a way to upgrade to 64 bit...
  7. Wrong windows version, can i upgrade

Wrong windows version, can i upgrade: so i recently rebuilt my pc from the ground up, and i installed the wrong version of windows (i had pro, i installed home). Can i upgrade to pro so my product key can be moved without reinstalling windows?...
  8. How can I return to the previous version of Windows 10?

How can I return to the previous version of Windows 10?: How can I return to the previous version of Windows 10 if I can not recovery/restore to the date before I got the updates and I can not use "Go back to the previous Windows 10" feature anymore (It is definitely a very bad idea to give user just 10 days an opportunity to go...
  9. Have I upgraded to the wrong version?

Have I upgraded to the wrong version?: Hi there, I've just bought a new laptop: a Lenovo Z51, Windows 8.1, 8GB RAM. I've immediately upgraded it to Windows 10. I had a few problems on the way, but I thought I'd finally got there. (One thing I haven't sorted is activation, but I'll contact the company I...
  10. Have I upgraded to wrong version of 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Have I upgraded to wrong version of 10?: I'm not too happy with 10 and wanted to roll back to 8.1 but when I tried everything worked perfectly till the last moment when I was left with a black screen. I gave windows Tech permission to access my PC and they tried it - same result. I was called back and told to call...