Windows 10: Purchased wrong version of Minecraft

Discus and support Purchased wrong version of Minecraft in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently purchased minecraft windows 10 master version however I made a mistake as I need the Java version. The windows 10 version has been purchased... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SummerViljoen, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Purchased wrong version of Minecraft

I recently purchased minecraft windows 10 master version however I made a mistake as I need the Java version. The windows 10 version has been purchased but not installed as it states theres an error and is unable to install because there is no device linked to my microsoft account even though my laptop is linked. There is no refund option near the purchased game and I am unable to contact support via telephone. Please help me with this issue, to obtain a refund. Thank you.

***Original Title: REFUND***

:)

SummerViljoen, Dec 1, 2019

2. Purchased Multiple Copies Of Minecraft Versions, But Need Minecraft - Java Edition.

Hi Debalena,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you have purchased several copies of Minecraft from Mojang, then I suggest you to refer the
    Mojang refunds policy and check their refund policy.

If you want to swap your editions of Minecraft that you have purchased, please
    Contact Mojang Support and they will help you with this.

If you have purchased Minecraft from Microsoft Store, then I suggest you to refer
    Returning items you bought from Microsoft Store for exchange or refund
    and check if you can get a refund.

As you need the Java Edition of Minecraft, you can follow the steps mentioned in
    How do I install Minecraft: Java Edition? and install
    the Java Edition of Minecraft on your computer.

Before purchasing the Java Edition of Minecraft, I suggest you to refer the system requirements for installing the Java Edition of Minecraft from
    Minecraft: Java Edition system requirements.

For reference, you may also refer the Different Minecraft Editions
    to know more about the different versions of Minecraft.

Shafeeq_Khan, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Minecraft Got Deleted After Clean Installating Windows 10 And Again Minecraft Purchased.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I think you did a Clean Installation of Windows 10 and Clean Installation will delete all your applications; games; and your user data such as music files, video files, pictures, documents, etc.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. From where did you purchase the Minecraft game?
    2. Have you already installed Minecraft on your Windows 10 computer?

If you have purchased several copies of Minecraft from Mojang, then I suggest you to refer the
    Mojang refunds policy and check their refund policy.

If you have purchased Minecraft from Microsoft Store, then I suggest you to refer
    Returning items you bought from Microsoft Store for exchange or refund
    and check if you can get a refund.

If you have purchased Minecraft from Oculus, then I suggest you to
    Contact the Oculus Support Team
    and they will help you with this.

Please feel free to contact us back, in case you have any other questions/issues with Windows in future.

Shafeeq_Khan, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Barman58 Win User

Purchased wrong version of Minecraft

Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Purchased wrong version of Minecraft

1. Purchased wrong version of Minecraft - Similar Threads - Purchased wrong version

2. Purchasing wrong Minecraft Dungeons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchasing wrong Minecraft Dungeons: I bought Minecraft Dungeons on Microsoft Store like 2 hours ago and I realized now that I bought the wrong version, I want to play on it Windows but I accidentally bought the Xbox editionPlease help...
  3. Purchasing wrong Minecraft Dungeons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchasing wrong Minecraft Dungeons: I bought Minecraft Dungeons on Microsoft Store like 2 hours ago and I realized now that I bought the wrong version, I want to play on it Windows but I accidentally bought the Xbox editionPlease help...
  4. Wrong Minecraft version accidentally purchased

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Wrong Minecraft version accidentally purchased: I accidentally bought the Windows 10 version on the Microsoft store thinking it was the Java Edition. Can I swap my version for Java? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-minecraft-version-accidentally-purchased/b2d45c0c-d566-438b-9256-bfe514b86db3
  5. purchasing the wrong version of minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    purchasing the wrong version of minecraft: so i accidentally bught the windows 10 version of mine craft instead of the java edition. my laptop does not support the windows 10 addition and i feel if your device does not support something it should not allow you to still make the purchase so i was wondering if there...
  6. Wrong version of minecraft bought

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong version of minecraft bought: Hi I recently bought Minecraft on the Microsoft Store, but I ended up the wrong version actually and now I need a refund so I can download the correct versionaka Java. I tried finding the refund button as instructed but it is not there. Can someone please help me I do not...
  7. Wrong version of minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong version of minecraft: Was gifted minecraft for xbox one but i am on PC, how do i go about swapping the xbox one version for a windows 10 version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-version-of-minecraft/21553454-c4ef-4d20-9249-5512eb7f21fa
  8. Purchased incorrect Minecraft version.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchased incorrect Minecraft version.: On 10/14/2020 I accidentally bought Minecraft Java Addition with a $26.95 PC/MAC Minecraft gift card. I was expecting to buy Minecraft Windows 10. Is there any way to uninstall Minecraft Java Addition and use the original money on the gift card to install Minecraft Windows...
  9. Bought the wrong version of Minecraft

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Bought the wrong version of Minecraft: A while back, I decided to buy Minecraft on this computer. However, I accidentaly ordered the Windows 10 version instead of the Java edition. Would it be possible for me to trade in my current version for Java edition?...
  10. wrong version of minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wrong version of minecraft: I bought Minecraft and had gotten the version that was for Xbox when I wanted the pc version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-version-of-minecraft/72120964-a6b8-4ed2-8bf3-9235362ed1be