Windows 10: Purchased wrong version of Minecraft

Discus and support Purchased wrong version of Minecraft in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently purchased minecraft windows 10 master version however I made a mistake as I need the Java version. The windows 10 version has been purchased... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SummerViljoen, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Purchased wrong version of Minecraft

I recently purchased minecraft windows 10 master version however I made a mistake as I need the Java version. The windows 10 version has been purchased but not installed as it states theres an error and is unable to install because there is no device linked to my microsoft account even though my laptop is linked. There is no refund option near the purchased game and I am unable to contact support via telephone. Please help me with this issue, to obtain a refund. Thank you.

***Original Title: REFUND***

:)

SummerViljoen, Dec 1, 2019

2. Purchased Multiple Copies Of Minecraft Versions, But Need Minecraft - Java Edition.

Hi Debalena,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you have purchased several copies of Minecraft from Mojang, then I suggest you to refer the
    Mojang refunds policy and check their refund policy.

If you want to swap your editions of Minecraft that you have purchased, please
    Contact Mojang Support and they will help you with this.

If you have purchased Minecraft from Microsoft Store, then I suggest you to refer
    Returning items you bought from Microsoft Store for exchange or refund
    and check if you can get a refund.

As you need the Java Edition of Minecraft, you can follow the steps mentioned in
    How do I install Minecraft: Java Edition? and install
    the Java Edition of Minecraft on your computer.

Before purchasing the Java Edition of Minecraft, I suggest you to refer the system requirements for installing the Java Edition of Minecraft from
    Minecraft: Java Edition system requirements.

For reference, you may also refer the Different Minecraft Editions
    to know more about the different versions of Minecraft.

Shafeeq_Khan, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Minecraft Got Deleted After Clean Installating Windows 10 And Again Minecraft Purchased.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I think you did a Clean Installation of Windows 10 and Clean Installation will delete all your applications; games; and your user data such as music files, video files, pictures, documents, etc.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. From where did you purchase the Minecraft game?
    2. Have you already installed Minecraft on your Windows 10 computer?

If you have purchased several copies of Minecraft from Mojang, then I suggest you to refer the
    Mojang refunds policy and check their refund policy.

If you have purchased Minecraft from Microsoft Store, then I suggest you to refer
    Returning items you bought from Microsoft Store for exchange or refund
    and check if you can get a refund.

If you have purchased Minecraft from Oculus, then I suggest you to
    Contact the Oculus Support Team
    and they will help you with this.

Please feel free to contact us back, in case you have any other questions/issues with Windows in future.

Shafeeq_Khan, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Barman58 Win User

Purchased wrong version of Minecraft

Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Purchased wrong version of Minecraft

1. Purchased wrong version of Minecraft - Similar Threads - Purchased wrong version

2. Purchased Minecraft twice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchased Minecraft twice: Dears, it seems that i bought the mine craft twice one by gift cards and second one by my credit card. i installed the one which i bought by my credit cards. is there any way to refund the the redeem code of mine craft and use it to buy another application Best...
  3. minecraft version

in Windows 10 Customization
    minecraft version: Hi, I bought last month minecraft master collection for windows 10, my version is 1.12 but I know that last version is 1.14. Why I can't have 1.14 version? I tried but I can't I don't know how to do....
  4. Can't install purchased Minecraft software.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install purchased Minecraft software.: I have 2 laptops and one XBox in My Devices. I purchased Minecraft and cannot install on the laptop I want it on. I can't see any way to download software. It only displays the one device (my Surface Pro) for automatic installing. How can I get the game on the other...
  5. Purchase of minecraft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchase of minecraft: I recently bought minecraft for my son so he can use it on his laptop pc running windows 10. Download would not work and I realized we had bought the xbox version. I then tried to get a refund and went through all the steps until I got to the filling out the actual form...
  6. Purchased Minecraft content is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchased Minecraft content is missing: Hello. I purchased minecraft windows 10 edition and some minecoins. I tried to purchase some items , sometimes I had problems and I fix them by ressetting the app. Now I can't access to my template world Even I have purchased it , sign in to the xbox account that I purchased...
  7. Purchased Multiple Copies Of Minecraft Versions, But Need Minecraft - Java Edition.

Purchased Multiple Copies Of Minecraft Versions, But Need Minecraft - Java Edition.: I have several copies of minecraft for Xbox and PC, but cant find my downloaded PC one from last year. I signed up for the game pass and saw that minecraft was free but couldn't find how. I eventually downloaded the game for £25 for Windows 10, only to find that I couldn't...
  8. Made wrong purchase

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Made wrong purchase: I wanted to buy Windows 10 Pro, but bought Windows 10 Home instead. Now I have both versions. One product key that I do not have any use for. (Windows 10 Home). Anyway to get a refund? or just credit for games or something......
  9. Minecraft windows 10 purchase problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft windows 10 purchase problem: Hi all, Added some $ to my 11yo's microsoft account so he could buy a world in Minecraft Windows 10. He completed the purchase (I have the receipt and it shows up in his purchases in Microsoft Store) but in the game itself I get a message saying it can't connect to the...
  10. Purchased Minecraft App is greyed out

Purchased Minecraft App is greyed out: I purchased Minecraft last year and I recently attempted to install it on my PC. On the Minecraft page, the box shows free, but its greyed out. It's been like this for several months now. WSRESET.exe doesn't work and the powershell execution policy trick doesn't work...