Windows 10: Purchasing a new Product Key. But will it mess with my current Win/Apps installation?

Discus and support Purchasing a new Product Key. But will it mess with my current Win/Apps installation? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, Long story short I have a Win10 Pro volume license and will be purchasing a new key from MS site. I am worry about it all the settings and Apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Juvaru, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Juvaru Win User

Purchasing a new Product Key. But will it mess with my current Win/Apps installation?

Hi,

Long story short I have a Win10 Pro volume license and will be purchasing a new key from MS site. I am worry about it all the settings and Apps that are already installed.

-After the purchase I would just enter this new license key to replace the old one? or Do I need to erase the old license first?

-And Will the new licensing process mess up with the setting and App installations in anyway?

Thank you\

:)

Juvaru, Apr 1, 2021

2. A new win install on a HDD messed up my win install on my m.2 SSD

Purchasing a new Product Key. But will it mess with my current Win/Apps installation? [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I do think that is my problem, but I couldn't find a way to remedy it. Sorry for the screenshot being in Hungarian, if you need I can translate it. And don't mind the 500 MB partition, I tried to do a fix from a similar thread which suggested creating it, but later steps didn't prove successful.

giorgioblues, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Product keys

I manage all of the computers in my household. As of yesterday I upgraded mine from Windows10 Home to Windows10 Pro. I would like to know how to:

• Extend my existing key to allow me to use it on the other two machines.
    • How to purchase other keys without having to purchase new software. IE use my current install media with different Product Keys to install on the other computers.

Thanks in advance

Joanna

BTW There are only two other computers in the house.

JoannaPhipps, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Cliff S Win User

Purchasing a new Product Key. But will it mess with my current Win/Apps installation?

Using the current device's product key on my another device.

On old PC:
    Uninstall retail product key:

1. Disable secure boot(if turned on in BIOS)
    2. Boot into Windows
    3. Enter slmgr /upk and wait for this to complete. This will uninstall the current product key from Windows and put it into an unlicensed state.
    4. Enter slmgr /cpky and wait for this to complete. This will remove the product key from the registry if it's still there.
    5. Restart
    6. Wait a little while and then use the retail key on the new machine.
    7. Set up secure boot(recommended)
    Your old machine should go back to home, or you might need to do a clean install, I'm not sure there.

Cliff S, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Purchasing a new Product Key. But will it mess with my current Win/Apps installation? - Similar Threads - Purchasing Product Key

2. Windows Product Key Purchase

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Product Key Purchase: I have a laptop from my last employer that was fully depreciated, so they let me take it with me. It is set up so that it has to be on the corporate network to update, and now it says I need to activate Windows. That, too, needs to be on the corporate network, but now that...
  3. Windows Product Key Purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Product Key Purchase: I have a laptop from my last employer that was fully depreciated, so they let me take it with me. It is set up so that it has to be on the corporate network to update, and now it says I need to activate Windows. That, too, needs to be on the corporate network, but now that...
  4. Windows Product Key Purchase

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. new fresh install of Win 11 Pro - but will not activate with my Win 10 Pro Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new fresh install of Win 11 Pro - but will not activate with my Win 10 Pro Product Key: Did a fresh install of Win 11 Pro after upgrading hardware using new motherboard, cpu, and hard drive. I am not able to activate Windows 11 using my valid Windows 10 Product key. Or keys - have 3 others not used and they won't work either although all are valid.Troubleshoot...
  6. new fresh install of Win 11 Pro - but will not activate with my Win 10 Pro Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    new fresh install of Win 11 Pro - but will not activate with my Win 10 Pro Product Key: Did a fresh install of Win 11 Pro after upgrading hardware using new motherboard, cpu, and hard drive. I am not able to activate Windows 11 using my valid Windows 10 Product key. Or keys - have 3 others not used and they won't work either although all are valid.Troubleshoot...
  7. Old Product Key Purchase

Old Product Key Purchase: Hi. I bought a windows 10 product key several years ago. The computer broke down a short time ago, I am trying a new installation on different device, and I don't have my product key. I went into troubleshooting to change/move the device, but it won't not access either 2...
  8. Unable to purchase product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to purchase product key: Hello, I’ve come here to ask about a problem that has appeared since last night. My current computer is running a version of Windows 10 “under an organization”, even though I am not part of any. Yesterday, I got this notification: [IMG] This morning I decided to purchase a...
  9. A new win install on a HDD messed up my win install on my m.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A new win install on a HDD messed up my win install on my m.2 SSD: Win version: 1909 Complicated story. I had to send my laptop to service because a hinge broke. They informed me, that because GDPR reasons I need to erase my data from it before sending it in. The laptop originally only contained an hdd, which i used for storage, and I...
  10. Purchased New Desktop and can't find product key

Purchased New Desktop and can't find product key: Help! We purchased a new desktop and are not as organized as we thought. We can't find our Office 365 digital software product key or Windows 10 product key. How can we get that information?...