Windows 10: Purchasing just a windows 10 product key

Discus and support Purchasing just a windows 10 product key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I just started a new job at a church, and we found the computer I use for work in a closet. We pulled it out, plugged it in, and found it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rboy58, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Rboy58 Win User

Purchasing just a windows 10 product key

So I just started a new job at a church, and we found the computer I use for work in a closet. We pulled it out, plugged it in, and found it was running Windows 10 already, but it wasn't activated. I was having some issues with it, so I had a tech friend look at it, and he said most of my problems would be fixed if I just found and entered the product key. Problem is, we can't find it anywhere. This is an older computer, and the product key printed on the side didn't work. Since it is already running windows 10, is it possible to just buy a new product key without rebuying the software?

:)

Rboy58, Jul 26, 2021

2. No product key after Windows 10 purchase

Hi Chris,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• How did you upgrade to windows 10?
    • Have you done clean install?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • From where have you purchased the Windows 10?
    If you have purchased from online Microsoft store or any store I suggest you to contact them for the product key.

Please do let us know with more information, so that we can assist you better.

Karthicka_R, Jul 26, 2021
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Windows 10 Product Key for a Free Upgrade

Hi,

The product key is important to activate and install Windows 10 to your device. Regarding your concern, let's try to isolate the issue and see what's causing you unable to use the product key to activate and install your Windows 10. Kindly provide the following
    information:

• Where did you purchase the product?
    • What is the error message you received after entering your product key?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

Ariel Acu, Jul 26, 2021
  4. Purchasing just a windows 10 product key

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

Purchasing just a windows 10 product key

1. Purchasing just a windows 10 product key - Similar Threads - Purchasing product key

2. Windows Product Key Purchase

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Product Key Purchase: I have a laptop from my last employer that was fully depreciated, so they let me take it with me. It is set up so that it has to be on the corporate network to update, and now it says I need to activate Windows. That, too, needs to be on the corporate network, but now that...
  3. Windows Product Key Purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Product Key Purchase: I have a laptop from my last employer that was fully depreciated, so they let me take it with me. It is set up so that it has to be on the corporate network to update, and now it says I need to activate Windows. That, too, needs to be on the corporate network, but now that...
  4. Windows Product Key Purchase

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Purchasing a Windows 10 Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchasing a Windows 10 Product Key: I am upgrading my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and i have downloaded the Windows 10 ISO and need to purchase a Windows 10 Product Key. Please tell me the process for purchasing the Product Key. I found a windows 10 pro key from a microsoft partner...
  6. Purchasing a Windows 10 Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchasing a Windows 10 Product Key: I am upgrading my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and i have downloaded the Windows 10 ISO and need to purchase a Windows 10 Product Key. Please tell me the process for purchasing the Product Key. I found a windows 10 pro key from a microsoft partner...
  7. Purchasing a Windows 10 Product Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows 10 Pro Product key purchased!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Product key purchased!: Hello,I recently had my SSD replaced. I wanted to start using Hyper-V and noticed that it wasn't in the apps and features section. I realized that I had Home and not Pro installed on my computer. I found that the email that was sent to me, was just the receipt without the...
  9. Just purchased Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft. No product key.

Just purchased Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft. No product key.: I just purchased Windows 10 Pro through the Microsoft website. In my order history, there is no link to view the product key nor was a product key included in the confirmation email. Where can I find my product key?...
  10. Just purchased MS Windows 10 Home, no email with Product Key

Just purchased MS Windows 10 Home, no email with Product Key: Hi, I just purchased Microsoft Windows 10 home. I did this via the PC I wanted to activate. I logged into my Microsoft account and paid with the stored credit card details. The PC was activated successfully. However, no email was sent to my account with the license details...