Windows 10: Purge all added drivers?

Discus and support Purge all added drivers? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dell Inspiron 15R N5110 with clean Windows 10 install. I had a problem with drivers for an Alfa Wi-Fi device, tried alternative Alfa devices and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nigelmercier, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Purge all added drivers?

Dell Inspiron 15R N5110 with clean Windows 10 install. I had a problem with drivers for an Alfa Wi-Fi device, tried alternative Alfa devices and drivers, then settled on one from TP-Link.

I would like to make sure I have removed all the drivers I tried, is there a way to purge them?

:)

nigelmercier, Feb 14, 2016
  2. JJUK Win User

Issue opening Skydrive files and notebooks from Office Hub on WP 7.10.8773.98 Nokia Lumia 710 Vodafone UK

After (hours of) further investigation, phone resetting and SkyDrive purging I established that the failure was due to the OneNote file Personal (Web) in SkyDrive being corrupt. The solution I used was to purge SkyDrive and then allow Windows Phone to upload
    a new copy of Personal (Web) and other Windows Phone folders to SkyDrive. Then I copied back to Personal (Web) all the OneNote sections from a local backup copy that I had made.

All worked fine after that! Now to upload 10GB of purged back to SkyDrive... Purge all added drivers? :(

3. Only some photo tags working

All photos in indexed locations? All photos indexed properly? If yes to both questions, try purging and recreating search index.

RobertJWin, Feb 14, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User

Purge all added drivers?

From elevated cmd prompt pnputil -e > %userprofile%\desktop\drivers.txt will list all third party drivers to file drivers.txt on your desktop. Looks something like this Code: Published name : oem13.inf Driver package provider : Apple Inc. Class : System devices Driver date and version : 02/23/2015 5.1.4.0 Signer name : Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher Published name : oem20.inf Driver package provider : Broadcom Corporation Class : System devices Driver date and version : 01/10/2014 1.0.0.256 Signer name : Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher Published name : oem14.inf Driver package provider : Intel Class : System devices Driver date and version : 07/07/2015 11.0.0.1157 Signer name : Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher[/quote] You can then use pnputil -d oemnn.inf to remove them (replacing nn with relevant number.

Alternatively you can use DriverStore Explorer - Home which does the same thing.

5. Thank you. I'd already gotten this and had forgotten!

Does it uninstall the driver, or delete it?

nigelmercier, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Purge all added drivers?

1. Purge all added drivers? - Similar Threads - Purge added drivers

2. What's with all the ads?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's with all the ads?: To play the solitaire games, you used to have to watch a 30-second ad of some sort. Now it seems the ads are endless. Sometimes I watch five minutes of ads before giving up. It doesn't happen every time, but often enough to put me off the games completely. I tried the reset...
  3. What's with all the ads?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's with all the ads?: To play the solitaire games, you used to have to watch a 30-second ad of some sort. Now it seems the ads are endless. Sometimes I watch five minutes of ads before giving up. It doesn't happen every time, but often enough to put me off the games completely. I tried the reset...
  4. Windows 10 update will not purge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update will not purge: When trying to clean storage windows update will not zero out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-will-not-purge/4827eab9-a4bd-4313-af89-56894efd463b
  5. Purge PC of AMD Drivers for New NVidia GPU?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Purge PC of AMD Drivers for New NVidia GPU?: I'm about to replace my AMD R9 280X GPU with a new NVidia RTX 2060 Super GPU. I'll uninstall the AMD drivers first. Is it advisable to use any other utilities such as AMD's Cleanup Utility? https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601 147147
  6. Purging frozen up..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Purging frozen up..: I have an HP Stream laptop and I was trying to free up space so I can update. It said that it was purging and it's been stuck there now for awhile. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purging-frozen-up/a3f096b5-278a-44a5-ac35-4b4837270cbb
  7. Purging in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Purging in Windows 10: In STORAGE I'm "purging: windows update cleanup". The action got about 1/3 completed and then froze. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purging-in-windows-10/faa8cff4-88c7-43e2-a611-5dc82e7c55df"
  8. purging old update files

purging old update files: purging old update files taking too long https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purging-old-update-files/039a8de1-d0f4-444a-81b1-d9a625e3f85c
  9. Purged deleted folder

Purged deleted folder: I deleted a large folder by accident. It was apparently too large for the recycle bin and was purged. I need it back. My backup to a Seagate external drive does not find the most recent version of the folder intact (as a separate entity) but instead shows thousands of...
  10. Purging all drivers for a device type?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Purging all drivers for a device type?: Over the past few weeks I've been trying various Alfa Wi-Fi adaptors, and different drivers. I've now given up and bought a device (TP-Link) that has a driver built into Windows 10. However, when I plugged it in it seems to have picked up on an Alfa driver, possibly as the...