Windows 10: Purge PC of AMD Drivers for New NVidia GPU?

Discus and support Purge PC of AMD Drivers for New NVidia GPU? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I'm about to replace my AMD R9 280X GPU with a new NVidia RTX 2060 Super GPU. I'll uninstall the AMD drivers first. Is it advisable to use any other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Steve C, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Steve C Win User

Purge PC of AMD Drivers for New NVidia GPU?

I'm about to replace my AMD R9 280X GPU with a new NVidia RTX 2060 Super GPU. I'll uninstall the AMD drivers first. Is it advisable to use any other utilities such as AMD's Cleanup Utility? https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601

:)

Steve C, Dec 25, 2019
  2. kyajibhai Win User

Please Help.. How to combine AMD & NVIDIA GPUs in windows 10.. ??

Dear Santosh,

I have been asked to pose my query here as my question involves the steps to be taken to enable "Explicit Multi-Adapter" config in Windows 10..

Please Help.. How to combine AMD & NVIDIA GPUs in windows 10.. ??

If anybody can help me to configure a simultaneous combination of both AMD & NVIDIA GPUs, I would be very grateful..

Thanks in Advance..

kyajibhai, Dec 25, 2019
  3. Dell T5400 AMD RX460 GPU needs old Nvidia GPU

I am not one to ever post anything so I apologize if this is the wrong place!

My Google skills have failed to find an answer for something very strange that I've encountered. After days of looking online, I haven't found anyone ask this question. A quick background on my issue... I realize that the answer might be that the AMD RX460 isn't compatible buuuuuuut.

While trying to find out why the AMD RX460 installs just fine but the driver crashes no matter what... I saw somewhere (maybe here?) that it might work if I install the old GPU as well, it's a Nvidia Quadro. Just one post by someone, somewhere, wasn't obvious either. I tried just about everything you could think of to make it work and someone made a note that it could work but was ignored.

And what do you know? It does... If I don't get an answer then hopefully some one will see this and save themselves countless hours with a workaround.

Does anyone have any idea why that is? Would it be possible to maybe emulate the Nvidia GPU? Or does any one have anything in mind that I could try to get around this?

This old GPU is a pain because it heats up causing other issues. (Mainly my PC turns into a extremely loud jet after a few minutes of game play, the new GPU is in a tight spot due to its size, uneccesary heat being added to the machine kills me and just the thought of it taking up space is annoying.)

Some observations I made:

Removing the old GPU will cause the new GPU to stop working So basically the AMD GPU NEEDS the Nvidia GPU to be physically installed.

The Nvidia GPU needs to be the primary graphics card or the AMD GPU will stop working.

I tried to disable SERR in the Bios, it did nothing.

I have Windows 10 installed (oh to any one having audio issues, change it to "ON" instead of "AUTO" in the BIOS, it'll work...)

BIOS is up to date.

I tried just about everything you could imagine to get the AMD card to work on its own before I found out that installing the old Nvidia will make it work. (Reinstall, clean install, reformat, install old/new drivers, under the red moon while on a table with a horse mask Purge PC of AMD Drivers for New NVidia GPU? :p , new motherboard!! fried it by accident lol)

Sorry for the long post! The answer might be "not compatible, it shouldn't even work what the heck. " but I thought I would try.

Thanks!

user3203177, Dec 25, 2019
  4. Mołot Win User

Can I get full features (incl. PhysX) of my new Nvidia without disabling integrated AMD GPU?

I have read that Nvidia drivers disable gpu-accelerated PhysX on systems with Catalyst software or AMD drivers. I can't find if that is still true - articles that claimed so seems to be from earlier times than Nvidia blog entry NVIDIA Extends PhysX for High-Fidelity Simulations, Goes Open Source.

I have an AMD A-10 APU that is still good enough for my needs. I would prefer to leave integrated GPU on, just to be sure. It does not eat up too much RAM, and it would help in case if I'll ever need to remove discrete graphic card and forget to turn integrated on.

So my question is - how far I need to go with removing AMD card, to get full performance of my Nvidia? As I see it, options may be

1. Nothing is really needed, articles I have read are out of date, or Nvidia started to ignore GPU built into CPU. Sounds a bit too good to be true.
    2. I need to remove Catalyst software, and possibly drivers, but I may leave the card on in BIOS.
    3. I need to disable integrated GPU in BIOS, and remove AMD drivers and software.

So, which of these is it? Or is there something else?

Mołot, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Purge PC of AMD Drivers for New NVidia GPU? - Similar Threads - Purge AMD Drivers

2. Pc BSOD and issues with Nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc BSOD and issues with Nvidia gpu drivers: My pc had issues after a BIOS update, where the GPU no longer outputs to display and Nvidia drivers fail to install or do install and bsod the pc. Even when they do install the gpu outputs still fail to work. I've tried using DDU to remove the Nvidia drivers and download...
  3. Pc BSOD and issues with Nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc BSOD and issues with Nvidia gpu drivers: My pc had issues after a BIOS update, where the GPU no longer outputs to display and Nvidia drivers fail to install or do install and bsod the pc. Even when they do install the gpu outputs still fail to work. I've tried using DDU to remove the Nvidia drivers and download...
  4. Pc BSOD and issues with Nvidia gpu drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. AMD GPU Drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD GPU Drivers: So I may be able to get a new GPU. Currently looking at a 3090,6900xt or a 3080Ti. I know they really are overkill for 1440p 165hz gaming but, as it's going to be a while before I could potentially upgrade my GPU again I want something that will last a few years...
  6. GPU driver crashes AMD.

GPU driver crashes AMD.: Hello,I have a problem when I play League Of Legends, the game crashes and I have an error "windows has restarted your gpu driver due to a problem", when I check the events viewer there's an warning, event id 4101, source : display that says : "Le pilote d’affichage amdkmdag...
  7. AMD GPU Driver Crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD GPU Driver Crashing: Quick disclaimer, I'm not that knowledgeable about computers so the easier the explanation the better. GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5600 XTMy original issue was that after 30 minutes or so of running a game or program I hadn't tested this out with just the PC running w/o any program my...
  8. Nvidia to AMD GPU, crashing frequently now

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia to AMD GPU, crashing frequently now: So I just got a new GPU and for the most part it's been fine. With BL3 I crashed a couple times but tonight I was trying to play Battlefront 2 and it's just unceremoniously rebooting my PC and pushing my blood pressure a little higher each time. I thought it might be because...
  9. Nvidia to AMD GPU, crashing frequently now

in Windows 10 Support
    Nvidia to AMD GPU, crashing frequently now: So I just got a new GPU and for the most part it's been fine. With BL3 I crashed a couple times but tonight I was trying to play Battlefront 2 and it's just unceremoniously rebooting my PC and pushing my blood pressure a little higher each time. I thought it might be because...
  10. NVIDIA GPU + AMD CPU on W10

NVIDIA GPU + AMD CPU on W10: Hello.Is there anything what you need to know if you using windows 10 with nvi gpu and amd cpu ? I got Gainward GTX 1060 6Gb GPU and AMD Ryzen 7 2700x CPU on mobo TUF X470-Plus Gaming. I got some issues with .. starting maybe blue death when starting pc to problems with...