Windows 10: Purging all drivers for a device type?

Discus and support Purging all drivers for a device type? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Over the past few weeks I've been trying various Alfa Wi-Fi adaptors, and different drivers. I've now given up and bought a device (TP-Link) that has a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nigelmercier, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Purging all drivers for a device type?

Over the past few weeks I've been trying various Alfa Wi-Fi adaptors, and different drivers. I've now given up and bought a device (TP-Link) that has a driver built into Windows 10.

However, when I plugged it in it seems to have picked up on an Alfa driver, possibly as the chipset is similar.

Is there a way to purge all drivers for a device type, except the Microsoft ones?

:)

nigelmercier, Dec 2, 2015
  2. kvoras Win User

Nokia Messaging-Emails are randomly disappearing from the Inbox

Hi Dean,

The emails are disappearing from the device.

As I said, I have been using Nokia Messaging (email) on my E71 for about a year (and two other colleges of mine)

We always upgrade to your latest release.

The issue of emails purging has always been a problem.

Until a month ago, emails were not purged at all from the device and I had emails from 3 months ago still showing in the device.

Now emails are randomly purged from the device.

I set my device options to "Remove older then - 1 month"

I still have emails from 2 weeks ago but emails from 4 day ago and 8 days ago have been deleted.

Sometimes a whole day disappears, some times a few emails are deleted, and a few stay.

I am using a POP email provider. All emails in my Outlook are OK.

kvoras, Dec 2, 2015
  3. Messages and conversations that have been deleted in my messaging app continue to download back onto my Windows Phone.

I deleted text messages from my messaging app and as soon as I delete them they start to show up again. 'Sync messages between devices' is set to off. where are these messages backing up to, and how can I delete them permanently? Also, I would like to have
    my messages sync between Microsoft devices. However, when I purge them from one device I want them to purge from all devices permanently.

So far, I have deleted all of the messages on my pc. I've also deleted the backup files on the micro SD card that may have been created by 'contact + message backup', and I've deleted all of my device backups in OneDrive. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Ryan McCrillis, Dec 2, 2015
  4. stormy13 Win User

Purging all drivers for a device type?

You tried going into Device Manager and setting it to show hidden devices? That should allow you to see them and uninstall/delete the drivers.

stormy13, Dec 2, 2015
  5. Yes, but I didn't always get the tickbox option to delete the drivers, only the device.

nigelmercier, Dec 2, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
    Go to elevated command prompt and enter pnputil -e > %userprofile%/Desktop/Drivers.txt. This will make a document like this on your desktop Code: Published name : oem9.inf Driver package provider : Apple Inc. Class : Bluetooth Driver date and version : 07/31/2015 6.0.6100.0 Signer name : Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher Published name : oem6.inf Driver package provider : Broadcom Class : Network adapters Driver date and version : 10/15/2012 1.0.0.3 Signer name : Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher Published name : oem0.inf Driver package provider : Broadcom Class : Network adapters Driver date and version : 07/24/2015 7.35.118.40 Signer name : Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher Published name : oem3.inf Driver package provider : Cirrus Logic, Inc. Class : Sound, video and game controllers Driver date and version : 02/14/2014 6.6001.1.41 Signer name : Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher[/quote] You can remove the ones you don't want with pnputil -d oem6.inf (replacing the 6 with whatever driver you want to uninstall).

Alternatively you can download DriverStore Explorer - Home which does the same thing.

lx07, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Purging all drivers for a device type?

1. Purging all drivers for a device type? - Similar Threads - Purging drivers device

2. Update all drivers in Device Manager at once?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update all drivers in Device Manager at once?: So as the Title says, I am looking for a way to just update all Bluetooth drivers at once, since Windows adds every Bluetooth device extra, and I don't have the taste to just go threw manually, and Windows update is no option because it wont give me the opportunity to just...
  3. Update all drivers in Device Manager at once?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update all drivers in Device Manager at once?: So as the Title says, I am looking for a way to just update all Bluetooth drivers at once, since Windows adds every Bluetooth device extra, and I don't have the taste to just go threw manually, and Windows update is no option because it wont give me the opportunity to just...
  4. Windows 10 update will not purge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update will not purge: When trying to clean storage windows update will not zero out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-will-not-purge/4827eab9-a4bd-4313-af89-56894efd463b
  5. Purge PC of AMD Drivers for New NVidia GPU?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Purge PC of AMD Drivers for New NVidia GPU?: I'm about to replace my AMD R9 280X GPU with a new NVidia RTX 2060 Super GPU. I'll uninstall the AMD drivers first. Is it advisable to use any other utilities such as AMD's Cleanup Utility? https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601 147147
  6. Purging frozen up..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Purging frozen up..: I have an HP Stream laptop and I was trying to free up space so I can update. It said that it was purging and it's been stuck there now for awhile. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purging-frozen-up/a3f096b5-278a-44a5-ac35-4b4837270cbb
  7. Purging in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Purging in Windows 10: In STORAGE I'm "purging: windows update cleanup". The action got about 1/3 completed and then froze. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purging-in-windows-10/faa8cff4-88c7-43e2-a611-5dc82e7c55df"
  8. purging old update files

purging old update files: purging old update files taking too long https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purging-old-update-files/039a8de1-d0f4-444a-81b1-d9a625e3f85c
  9. Purged deleted folder

Purged deleted folder: I deleted a large folder by accident. It was apparently too large for the recycle bin and was purged. I need it back. My backup to a Seagate external drive does not find the most recent version of the folder intact (as a separate entity) but instead shows thousands of...
  10. Purge all added drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Purge all added drivers?: Dell Inspiron 15R N5110 with clean Windows 10 install. I had a problem with drivers for an Alfa Wi-Fi device, tried alternative Alfa devices and drivers, then settled on one from TP-Link. I would like to make sure I have removed all the drivers I tried, is there a way to...