Windows 10: Purging frozen up..

Discus and support Purging frozen up.. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an HP Stream laptop and I was trying to free up space so I can update. It said that it was purging and it's been stuck there now for awhile.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tigerluv73, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Purging frozen up..

I have an HP Stream laptop and I was trying to free up space so I can update. It said that it was purging and it's been stuck there now for awhile. What should I do?

:)

tigerluv73, Jul 19, 2019

2. Frozen Computer

Hi,

We would like to know the status of the concern you have posted here in the Community forum. Kindly answer the following questions for us to provide you with an accurate troubleshooting suggestions.

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jul 19, 2019
  3. Frozen Computer

Hi Cindy,

In order for us to help you with your frozen computer, kindly answer the following questions:

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post and we appreciate your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jul 19, 2019
  4. SamPesner Win User

Purging frozen up..

Purged deleted folder

I deleted a large folder by accident. It was apparently too large for the recycle bin and was purged. I need it back. My backup to a Seagate external drive does not find the most recent version of the folder intact (as a separate entity) but instead shows
    thousands of individual files, many of which are unreadable. Any suggestions?

SamPesner, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

Purging frozen up..

1. Purging frozen up.. - Similar Threads - Purging frozen

2. Cannot delete Purge leftover ESET Security data(ESET InternetSecurity)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete Purge leftover ESET Security data(ESET InternetSecurity): Hello, I'm trying to uninstall the leftovers of my ESET Internet Security uninstall. So, I used the ESET uninstaller (in Windows safe mode) To delete the so called “Purge leftover ESET Security data”. Since I always get an error. This is the log: Product uninstallation:...
  3. Accidentally Purge or Removed Files in AppRepository

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Accidentally Purge or Removed Files in AppRepository: So accidentally deleted files in the AppRepository using this command in PowerShell: Remove-Item -path C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository -recurse Is there a way to go back since I forgot to have a save point to restore....
  4. Can i use my computer if I am purging windows cache of temporary files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can i use my computer if I am purging windows cache of temporary files?: I am purging temp files and would like to continue to work. Can I open up chrome and work while this is being done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-my-computer-if-i-am-purging-windows/363b32fc-71f4-4ead-b8d8-17d268b3ae6c"
  5. How To Purge OneDrive From Just One Windows Account?

How To Purge OneDrive From Just One Windows Account?: i use OneDrive with my non-admin account. Works great. I don't use OneDrive with my Admin account, but i noticed a OneDrive folder in the Admin account (called Boomy) consumes over 200 MB. C:\Users\Boomy\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive How can i purge OneDrive from...
  6. Purging in Windows 10

Purging in Windows 10: In STORAGE I'm "purging: windows update cleanup". The action got about 1/3 completed and then froze. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purging-in-windows-10/faa8cff4-88c7-43e2-a611-5dc82e7c55df"
  7. Here’s how to reactivate your Windows 10 license after it got purged

in Windows 10 News
    Here’s how to reactivate your Windows 10 license after it got purged: Yesterday, we reported that Windows 10 is experiencing activation issues on multiple systems. It’s not known how many users were impacted by this bug and while several reports have surfaced online over the past few hours, it appears that Microsoft has already deployed the...
  8. purging old update files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    purging old update files: purging old update files taking too long https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purging-old-update-files/039a8de1-d0f4-444a-81b1-d9a625e3f85c
  9. Purged deleted folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Purged deleted folder: I deleted a large folder by accident. It was apparently too large for the recycle bin and was purged. I need it back. My backup to a Seagate external drive does not find the most recent version of the folder intact (as a separate entity) but instead shows thousands of...
  10. Purging completed reminders from Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purging completed reminders from Cortana: When I go to Cortana->notebook->reminders it shows me all reminders, including completed reminders. Is there some way to get Cortana to remove all reminders that have been completed? 80881

Users found this page by searching for:

1. free up space now stuck on purging