Windows 10: purging old update files

Discus and support purging old update files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; purging old update files taking too long... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by davidbrior, Oct 6, 2018.

1. purging old update files

purging old update files taking too long

:)

davidbrior, Oct 6, 2018
  2. SamPesner Win User

Purged deleted folder

I deleted a large folder by accident. It was apparently too large for the recycle bin and was purged. I need it back. My backup to a Seagate external drive does not find the most recent version of the folder intact (as a separate entity) but instead shows
    thousands of individual files, many of which are unreadable. Any suggestions?

SamPesner, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, Oct 6, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

purging old update files

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond purging old update files :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

purging old update files

1. purging old update files - Similar Threads - purging old update

2. Old Windows update files!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old Windows update files!: Hi again, do the old Windows updatesTO BE REMOVED only show when there are some to remove? After a update I always go into settings and check this list. Every now and then there is maybe 2 GB of old updates to remove. I then scan to remove which seems to take ages. When I...
  3. Windows Update Cleanup doesn't get purged in temp files storage settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Cleanup doesn't get purged in temp files storage settings: Hello.After the 23H2 version Windows update Windows 11, I'm not able to delete the previous update files which were always safe to be removed by Windows.I would simply do that by going into Storage Settings of Windows. Then Temp Files and then Windows would list all the files...
  4. Windows Update Cleanup doesn't get purged in temp files storage settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Cleanup doesn't get purged in temp files storage settings: Hello.After the 23H2 version Windows update Windows 11, I'm not able to delete the previous update files which were always safe to be removed by Windows.I would simply do that by going into Storage Settings of Windows. Then Temp Files and then Windows would list all the files...
  5. Windows 10 update will not purge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update will not purge: When trying to clean storage windows update will not zero out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-will-not-purge/4827eab9-a4bd-4313-af89-56894efd463b
  6. Windows Setup Files refuses to be purged

Windows Setup Files refuses to be purged: So I've been running low on disk space. I open settings to look for ways to clean my disk, and I see this: [IMG] So I check that and click "Remove files". It says"Purging: Windows Update Cleanup". Then, when it finished, I restart my computer. The amount of free disk space...
  7. Accidentally Purge or Removed Files in AppRepository

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Accidentally Purge or Removed Files in AppRepository: So accidentally deleted files in the AppRepository using this command in PowerShell: Remove-Item -path C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository -recurse Is there a way to go back since I forgot to have a save point to restore....
  8. Purging frozen up..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Purging frozen up..: I have an HP Stream laptop and I was trying to free up space so I can update. It said that it was purging and it's been stuck there now for awhile. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purging-frozen-up/a3f096b5-278a-44a5-ac35-4b4837270cbb
  9. Purging in Windows 10

Purging in Windows 10: In STORAGE I'm "purging: windows update cleanup". The action got about 1/3 completed and then froze. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purging-in-windows-10/faa8cff4-88c7-43e2-a611-5dc82e7c55df"
  10. Purged deleted folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Purged deleted folder: I deleted a large folder by accident. It was apparently too large for the recycle bin and was purged. I need it back. My backup to a Seagate external drive does not find the most recent version of the folder intact (as a separate entity) but instead shows thousands of...