Windows 10: Purple gridlines when playing videos in full screen

Discus and support Purple gridlines when playing videos in full screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I get purple gridlines when I play videos in full screen right after I move my cursor or when subtitle appear in Microsoft apps such as edge and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jameskeiya, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Purple gridlines when playing videos in full screen

I get purple gridlines when I play videos in full screen right after I move my cursor or when subtitle appear in Microsoft apps such as edge and movies and tv app I even tried ACG player but got the same results but this problem goes away when I open the with my NVidia gpu and not the intel, or when I change my monitor refresh rate to 40 instead of 60.

It got even worse when i installed the latest intel hd graphics driver. so i have to use vlc and chrome when streaming videos online in full screen. I don't think the issue is with my hardware because other app not from Microsoft work fine in full screen. Please helpPurple gridlines when playing videos in full screen [​IMG]

***Modified title from: video playback ***

:)

Jameskeiya, Jul 5, 2019
  2. Mohan B P Win User

I can't get a video to stream to my lg smart tv in full screen , it's playing full screen on the pc no problem

Hi Steve,

To assist you better, I like to know; how exactly you are trying to stream video from your PC to LG Smart TV?

As an initial step, I suggest you to try updating the display adapter on your system.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on the Start button, and type Device Manager on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand Display Adapters.
    • Find and double-click Display Adapters from the left panel to update.
    • Right-click the device, and click Update.

As you are able to play the video full screen in your PC, then it might be an issue related to LG Smart TV. I suggest you to check for the LG Smart TV manual and check what all settings need to done to play video in full screen.

Kindly reply to us, with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Jul 5, 2019
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jul 5, 2019
  4. Purple gridlines when playing videos in full screen

Videos won't play- "This item is in a format we don't support. Oxc1010103"

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the following questions:

• Which is the media player you are trying to play the video?
    • What is the format of the video file you are trying to play?
    I suggest you to run the video in the Windows media player
    and check.

If the issue still persist, you may check for any pending updates and install it, then check if you can play the video. To check for the update and install the updates, please follow the below steps:

• Go to Start menu, and type Windows updates and press Enter.
    • Click on Check for updates, Windows will check for any pending updates and shows on the screen after this. Select install to install the updates.

Hope you could play the video.

Get back to us for further queries, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

Purple gridlines when playing videos in full screen

1. Purple gridlines when playing videos in full screen - Similar Threads - Purple gridlines playing

2. Video playback, Dual Monitor, freezes when playing 2 videos in full screen mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video playback, Dual Monitor, freezes when playing 2 videos in full screen mode.: I have a AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Processor and AMD Radeon RX 6800 GPUAll my drivers are up to date and this has been happening for a while now, over 6 months and it is really frustrating because I need to play full screen videos for work. I have 2 LG 1440p monitors with 1 144hz and...
  3. Video playback, Dual Monitor, freezes when playing 2 videos in full screen mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video playback, Dual Monitor, freezes when playing 2 videos in full screen mode.: I have a AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Processor and AMD Radeon RX 6800 GPUAll my drivers are up to date and this has been happening for a while now, over 6 months and it is really frustrating because I need to play full screen videos for work. I have 2 LG 1440p monitors with 1 144hz and...
  4. Purple arrow in the middle of the screen when playing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purple arrow in the middle of the screen when playing.: I just got this purple arrow which moves throughout the game whenever I play game called Dota 2 on steam. According to steam, it's not a steam overlay and is a 3rd party overlay, but I am having trouble finding this app that's making this arrow appear on the screen. Anyone...
  5. Purple arrow in the middle of the screen when playing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purple arrow in the middle of the screen when playing.: I just got this purple arrow which moves throughout the game whenever I play game called Dota 2 on steam. According to steam, it's not a steam overlay and is a 3rd party overlay, but I am having trouble finding this app that's making this arrow appear on the screen. Anyone...
  6. Blue Screen when play video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen when play video: I purchased a new laptop, just 2 days, when I play video on YouTube, Netfilx and from hard disk, after 25~30 minutes, will crash and show this blue screen as below, the Stop code: DPC_WATCHDOG_VOLATION. I been do the factory reset, then update all Windows update and...
  7. Having problem with playing videos full screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having problem with playing videos full screen.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/razorx274 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i30gtv/having_problem_with_playing_videos_full_screen/
  8. gridlines on dispaly screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    gridlines on dispaly screen: all i did was turn on my computer and now i have gridlines that will not go away. how can i make this go away? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gridlines-on-dispaly-screen/7222da77-4178-4b9c-88fd-66d57070ec0e
  9. Show Taskbar when playing Videos in full screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show Taskbar when playing Videos in full screen: Okay so it's been very hard to find a fix for this because everyone seems to want the opposite but, I WANT to see my taskbar while watching videos in full screen and I had it like that before but now whenever I enter full screen it hides, how can I unhide the taskbar whenever...
  10. Dark screen when playing video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dark screen when playing video: I have an issue with playing any type of video, both stored in the computer and streamed from the internet or Netflix. The colors of the screen are changing and I see everything in grayish tint. But I perfectly see a cursor, a toolbar, search bar etc. I use Toshiba with...