Windows 10: Purple volume bar

Discus and support Purple volume bar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been using groove for a while but maybe a month or two ago my timeline and volume bar turned purple. I restarted the app and it fixed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mochaton, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Mochaton Win User

Purple volume bar

I've been using groove for a while but maybe a month or two ago my timeline and volume bar turned purple. I restarted the app and it fixed the timeline, but the volume bar never changed back. Is there a fix or is it intentional?

Purple volume bar df083d72-4ec9-4515-85b5-d8d571876307?upload=true.png

:)

Mochaton, Jun 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 Volume bar missing

Hi,

Your concern regarding the missing volume bar when pressing the volume keys can be caused by a sudden change on your device configuration or corrupted/missing driver. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build version is running on your device? Type
      winver in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you performed to resolve your concern?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps provided on this support article on how to troubleshoot sound/audio
    problems in Windows. The article include steps on how to reinstall the audio driver to rule any adapter issues.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Volume bar banner

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how annoying it can be when you get the Volume bar banner, while playing music/video on Google Chrome.
    To have a clarity on this issue, we need some information.

• Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?
    • Do you receive the same popup when you play music/videos on Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Do you have any extensions enabled in Google Chrome for playing music?
    • Which version of Google Chrome are you using?

However, we suggest you to try this steps and check if you are able to get rid of the banner.

1. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to open
      Settings.
    2. Then click on Systems. Then select
      Notifications & actions from the left pane.
    3. Then under Get notifications from these senders, toggle the switch for
      Audio to disable the Banner and Sound notifications.
    4. Close all the browser and reopen Google Chrome, to play some
      music/videos.
    5. Check if you get the Volume bar banner back.

As an additional information, please refer the
    Change notification settings in Windows 10
    article.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Purple volume bar

probleme with the volume ringtone nokia n9

Update:

Figured it out.

The 'Ringing' tab itself is the volume bar (in Blue)

The Purple Bar (Volume) is to control the volume of the music player for example - the purple Volume bar doesn't affect the ringing volume.

Not very intuitive but I like the way it's done (after I fugired it out Purple volume bar :) )

Again - very pleased with the N9 experience and no dealbreakers for now.

regards

grga_pitic, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

Purple volume bar

1. Purple volume bar - Similar Threads - Purple volume bar

2. Volume Bar stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume Bar stuck: The Volume bar in the upper left hand corner of my screen will regularly appear taking up part of my screen, it wont normally adjust my volume but every once in a while it'll mute after hitting 0 or just hit 100 and max out, it'll stay there for HOURS at a time even though I...
  3. Purple thin lines on task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purple thin lines on task bar: There are two flashing thin horizontal purple line that goes across my screen on the task bar. I have read it might be the video card issue and driver needed to be rolled back, but Window will not let me roll back. Also tried resetting my laptop, the lines are still there....
  4. Purple thin lines on task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purple thin lines on task bar: There are two flashing thin horizontal purple line that goes across my screen on the task bar. I have read it might be the video card issue and driver needed to be rolled back, but Window will not let me roll back. Also tried resetting my laptop, the lines are still there....
  5. Windows Volume Bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Volume Bar: Ok so a few days ago I was just listening to music and then I closed the application which was Spotify and now the song last song I was listening to is stuck on my volume bar. Like the app is closed and everything but it still appears on the volume bar. There isnt any sound...
  6. Volume bar issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume bar issue: HiI recently bought a laptop and after a while of using it, I noticed a rather weird problem. When adjusting the volume by pressing the appropriate buttons on the laptop, everything works fine - however, upon muting, the volume level in the volume bar does not remain at the...
  7. Purple bars on Windows Background?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Purple bars on Windows Background?: [ATTACH] Just reinstalled windows. Are the purple bars normal? Can someone help me? submitted by /u/wehavelemeats [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lhyhz9/purple_bars_on_windows_background/
  8. Volume Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume Bar: Hi, I'm sure this question has been asked a lot, but how do you hide this monster of a volume bar/add/info that pops up every time you adjust the volume, I have figured out how to do it in Chrome but not in Edge. There should be an option to adjust this to below the 5...
  9. Volume bar not showing

Volume bar not showing: Hi My volume bar is not showing; the one that shows at the top, left-hand corner of the screen. Please help. Thank you. Ananya.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-bar-not-showing/578fe601-cf8a-4976-abaf-3f762222d868
  10. Volume Bar Overlay

Volume Bar Overlay: Hi, How can I remove this? I don't always need to know the exact number that the volume is on, I can tell by using my ears that it is too loud or quiet at that particular moment. Thanks. [ATTACH]...