Windows 10: purpose / advantage of administrator on single user pc

Discus and support purpose / advantage of administrator on single user pc in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I am installing Windows 10 Home on my laptop after a HD crash.Question : what is the purpose / advantage of a ADMINISTRATOR account on my laptop?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by kobus_van_rensburg, Jan 25, 2022.

1. purpose / advantage of administrator on single user pc

Hi, I am installing Windows 10 Home on my laptop after a HD crash.Question : what is the purpose / advantage of a ADMINISTRATOR account on my laptop? Should I create both my own existing Microsoft account and Adminstrator on the laptop, or only my account?Thank you for your advice.

:)

kobus_van_rensburg, Jan 25, 2022
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jan 25, 2022
  3. Bree Win User
    Administrator level User

Use Option Five again, but this time boot from a Windows 10 install usb or recovery drive. You only get asked to select an administrator account if you boot from the system's own Advanced Startup.

4. jimbobs Win User

purpose / advantage of administrator on single user pc

Administrator level User

Got the laptop. It's a Lenovo G500 so possibly has Lenovo stuff in the way? Anyway, booted it normally and it opens into a regular account without admin privileges. Rebooted it into Recovery mode (per Option 5) and get Lenovo logo and Preparing Automatic Repair message; then Select Account + "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC". There is an option "Forgot your password or don't see your account?" but selecting that brings up a screen which should list admin accounts but there aren't any. Pressing the only option on that page Restart leads eventually to a BSOD with Stop code: 0xc00002e3 (which I know is misconfigured o/s or missing or damaged system files).

Can anybody suggest next steps in resolving this?

jimbobs, Jan 25, 2022
Thema:

purpose / advantage of administrator on single user pc

1. purpose / advantage of administrator on single user pc - Similar Threads - purpose advantage administrator

2. Not a single account is administrator.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not a single account is administrator.: Hi,I have a windows 10 laptop from dell, Recently while adding a new account to my laptop unfortunately I accidently made my original account an local account and now I have 2 local accounts on my pc. Whenever I ask an app to run as administrator, it shows as shown in the...
  3. Not a single account is administrator.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not a single account is administrator.: Hi,I have a windows 10 laptop from dell, Recently while adding a new account to my laptop unfortunately I accidently made my original account an local account and now I have 2 local accounts on my pc. Whenever I ask an app to run as administrator, it shows as shown in the...
  4. Not a single account is administrator.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. purpose / advantage of administrator on single user pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    purpose / advantage of administrator on single user pc: Hi, I am installing Windows 10 Home on my laptop after a HD crash.Question : what is the purpose / advantage of a ADMINISTRATOR account on my laptop? Should I create both my own existing Microsoft account and Adminstrator on the laptop, or only my account?Thank you for your...
  6. purpose / advantage of administrator on single user pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    purpose / advantage of administrator on single user pc: Hi, I am installing Windows 10 Home on my laptop after a HD crash.Question : what is the purpose / advantage of a ADMINISTRATOR account on my laptop? Should I create both my own existing Microsoft account and Adminstrator on the laptop, or only my account?Thank you for your...
  7. user administrator.

in Windows 10 Customization
    user administrator.: unfortunately I deleted my user administrator account, because I forgot password, then I add another email id then it does not shows the option of family and other users option, so I can't add the new email id as administrator account, when I enter a run command or anything...
  8. Administrative User

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrative User: I am an Administrator and the only user of this windows 10 machine. [ATTACH] However, I get told I am not an administrator by the following message. This is very frustrating Can I fix it? [ATTACH]...
  9. what is purpose of "C:/USERS" folder ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what is purpose of "C:/USERS" folder ?: My part of it is over 5. Gb. Could it all be deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-purpose-of-cusers-folder/a25b2cad-43a0-487a-86ae-592b4ab5d38c"
  10. How to have two windows accounts connected to a single PC-windows user (for OneDrive purposes).

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to have two windows accounts connected to a single PC-windows user (for OneDrive purposes).: Hey there! Problem: I'm running out of OneDrive storage. Potential solution: I have two Windows accounts. One is the one I connected to my PC- it's what I used to set up Windows 10 on my laptop, and it's the current account that everything on my Windows 10 PC is connected...