Windows 10: Push notification not working with a VPN.

Discus and support Push notification not working with a VPN. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am running a new VPN package called VPNCity. The engine for this is called SoftEther which is open sourced. I use the Universal MS Mail app as my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by streetwolf, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Push notification not working with a VPN.

I am running a new VPN package called VPNCity. The engine for this is called SoftEther which is open sourced. I use the Universal MS Mail app as my mail client. The push notification feature which alerts me when I have new email works fine when NOT using the VPN. I get a popup message over the action center icon on the lower right of my taskbar notifying me of new mail. However, when I turn on the VPN I no longer get these mail notifications.

My question for those using a VPN do you find that push notifications aren't working? I like to find out if this behavior is common to all VPNs or is it specific to VPNCity/SoftEther. MS Mail is setup correctly so I don't need any steps how to turn notifications on.

So far nobody I've communicated with has had an answer to this question. Hopefully I will find an answer here.

:)

streetwolf, Apr 27, 2019
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Apr 27, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Push notification not working with a VPN. :D

P4-630, Apr 27, 2019
  4. siva..112 Win User

Push notification not working with a VPN.

Push notification issues

i tried both. its not working. there is no viber, whatsapp, skype listed on notification and action centre settings and push notification for particular app settings where in on condition. please give some better option to bring back my push notifications.

siva..112, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

Push notification not working with a VPN.

1. Push notification not working with a VPN. - Similar Threads - Push notification working

2. Push Notifications for Employees?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Push Notifications for Employees?: Hey there, today I’m searching for an easy way to push notifications to our employees if there are networking issues or something like that. It could be either via the Windows 10 Notification Center or a popup message but it has to be simple. Maybe with the ability to add a...
  3. push notification file not exisiting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    push notification file not exisiting: help me..i have encountering issue os window updates not getting installed.. so i tryed to fix in many ways. only one way is lest that is from registry editor the path is Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\push notifications but...
  4. Windows Push Notifications User Service has stopped working

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Push Notifications User Service has stopped working: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Sometimes, when you start your PC, Windows 10 throws up an error message bearing the following description – Windows Push Notifications User Service has stopped working or The Windows Push Notifications User Service terminated unexpectedly. If you face this...
  5. Firefox push notifications and Windows Notifications Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firefox push notifications and Windows Notifications Center: Hi to everyone! Firefox push notifications does not appear in the Windows 10 Notification Center., but only my low right corner and I don't know why. All of it after I reset the browser. Is that normal? Thanks!...
  6. Windows 10 Notifications Centre issue (push notifications)

Windows 10 Notifications Centre issue (push notifications): I am testing push notifications from different browsers and devices. I cannot find a solution to the problem when Chrome notifications are received in the Windows 10 Notifications Centre. When I send 3 notifications in a row, clicking only at the top one results in opening...
  7. Microsoft News - Push Notification Services

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft News - Push Notification Services: Hello, I was wondering a few things, and have a few things to share: -What port number does the Microsoft News App use for Breaking news notifications? -Which service provides breaking news notifications when App is not running? -Is this service locked down to Microsoft's...
  8. W10, Notifications, Apps and VPN not working

W10, Notifications, Apps and VPN not working: Since quite some time my vpn is not working anymore, (error message) "the modem is already in use or not configured properly". Notifications are working after a restart, but after a few minutes stop working. When checking in settings/notifications/app, first all apps that...
  9. Win Push Notification User Service Stopped Working error

in Windows 10 Support
    Win Push Notification User Service Stopped Working error: Hello there, I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this in but maybe someone has heard something about this error. I am getting a "Windows Push Notificatons User Service has stopped working" error after restarting my PC and hitting the Start button for the first...
  10. Windows Push Notification User Service stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Push Notification User Service stopped working: Constant critical event in Reliability Monitor. Seems to happen at boot. Anyone have any solutions? Faulting Application Path: c:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: svchost.exe_WpnUserService Application...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does a vpn affect push notifications

2. Windows Push Notification over VPN

3. windows notifications not working vpn