Windows 10: Put a music CD into my CD/DVD writer and it says "Please put a disc in the drive".

Discus and support Put a music CD into my CD/DVD writer and it says "Please put a disc in the drive". in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Put a music CD into my CD/DVD writer and it says "Please put a disc in the drive". I see this was first reported in 2015 6 long, long years ago -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Matthew_J_Clarke, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Put a music CD into my CD/DVD writer and it says "Please put a disc in the drive".

Put a music CD into my CD/DVD writer and it says "Please put a disc in the drive". I see this was first reported in 2015 6 long, long years ago - Microstuffed sitting on their hands again. I've even bought a new CD/DVD drive, same problem.WHY DID IT HAPPEN IN THE FIRST PLACE and WHY IS IT NOT FIXED??????????????????????? I've got a MAC on order and cannot wait for it to arrive,. Then I'll be able to throw Microstuffed into the long grass................

:)

Matthew_J_Clarke, Jun 23, 2021
  2. ace250 Win User

DVD cd writer is not reading disc in Windows 10

dvd cd writer will not read disc in windows ten

Original Title: pmogg

ace250, Jun 23, 2021
  3. Cd Rom / Dvd Writer

Hi,

I have both Samsung CD ROM & LG DVD Writer(Both are internal). Since some days CD ROM is getting opened and trying to get closed all by its own.

I removed the power cord of CD ROM & again connected. This time it is not showing both the drives. It is showing only 1 drive and if i right click on that drive and select eject, both the drives are getting opened.

Is it anything related to virus? Do i need to install OS once again.

Pls Suggest

psreekant10, Jun 23, 2021
  4. LeonJutz Win User

Put a music CD into my CD/DVD writer and it says "Please put a disc in the drive".

CD/DVD not seeing disc

Thanks for the effort is helping to correct my problem.

Device manager say: Hardware is functioning properly.

Drivers says they are up to date.

In computer link says nothing is in CD/DVD, Asking to open and it says Put disc in when it is there... I don't hear or feel CD/DVD getting to speed. I tried all 3 steps suggested with no results, or changes.

LeonJutz, Jun 23, 2021
Thema:

Put a music CD into my CD/DVD writer and it says "Please put a disc in the drive".

1. Put a music CD into my CD/DVD writer and it says "Please put a disc in the drive". - Similar Threads - Put music DVD

2. cd writer won't burn discs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cd writer won't burn discs: I have a sandstrom cd writer but my win 10 HP laptop wont burn discs to it. Ive tried several programs and get the same error message saying check drivers or connection. It reads and plays cds and dvds fine just wont write....
  3. cd writer won't burn discs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cd writer won't burn discs: I have a sandstrom cd writer but my win 10 HP laptop wont burn discs to it. Ive tried several programs and get the same error message saying check drivers or connection. It reads and plays cds and dvds fine just wont write....
  4. cd writer won't burn discs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My DVD drive when I put in a cd

My DVD drive when I put in a cd: When I put in cd it says it was made in 12/31/1994 at 6 pm and it's 1 kb but it's not and when i put it on a flash drive it does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dvd-drive-when-i-put-in-a-cd/b61f7533-4948-429b-9b7e-471bc6ff9ff1
  6. External cd/dvd writer

External cd/dvd writer: I purchased a Verbatim Slimline cd/dvd writer and cannot get it installed on my Dell laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-cddvd-writer/9b9479f9-7f37-419a-b192-df4925cbc8a9
  7. CD-DVD DRIVE NOT RECOGNISING DISC

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    CD-DVD DRIVE NOT RECOGNISING DISC: HI Peeps just bought a recon computer, everything is up and running and works great. I just dug my old CD+G discs out of my shed because I want to put together some backing track playlists. for some reason when I put a new disc in it will only play the first track then...
  8. If I have a DVD in the Blue Ray drive, when I put a music CD in the standard DVD/CD drive I...

If I have a DVD in the Blue Ray drive, when I put a music CD in the standard DVD/CD drive I...: I have a HP Desktop with two DVD/CD drives. One is a Blue Ray. Both function normally, except when I'm trying to use both at the same time. If I have a DVD in the Blue Ray drive, when I put a music CD in the standard DVD/CD drive I get a message "Please insert disc into...
  9. CD/DVD Drive not reading discs

CD/DVD Drive not reading discs: Hello! Since upgrading to Windows 10 my PC has been unable to read any CD/DVD disc I put in. I hear it spinning so I doubt there's any problem with the CD/DVD Drive itself. [img] I was thinking it could be a driver issue, but there doesn't seem like there's any...
  10. DVD/cd writer cycling

DVD/cd writer cycling: I run W8.1 and 10130 on the same desktop. They are on separate SSD's and only plugged in one at a time. When 10130 is in and idle, the DVD/CD will cycle meaning it tries to do a read. Last's about 5 seconds and repeats every 3 minutes. The tray is empty. W8.1 does not repeat...