Windows 10: Put OneDrive files back to their original folders

Discus and support Put OneDrive files back to their original folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I wanted to stop using OneDrive I have sensitive content and it is a breach of contract if I put them on a cloud base back-up system so I clicked on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MathieuLeclaire, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Put OneDrive files back to their original folders

I wanted to stop using OneDrive I have sensitive content and it is a breach of contract if I put them on a cloud base back-up system so I clicked on unlink this PC, but all my files disappeared from their original folders. Now there are "Where are my files" shortcuts that brings me to a separate OneDrive folder where all my files exist now. I need them back into their original folders because my softwares do not detect them anymore. There are too many files to move manually back to their original location. How do I put the files back into their original folders?

:)

MathieuLeclaire, Aug 28, 2020

2. Microsoft OneDrive Changing The 'Original Creation Date' On Folders?

Please see this

Fixes or workarounds for recent issues in OneDrive
    on this link
    Fixes or workarounds for recent issues in OneDrive - Office Support
    and the general link
    Back up your Documents, Pictures, and Desktop folders with OneDrive - Office Support

I appreciate it is One Drive on Microsoft Office but the principle applies to One Drive itself

If OneDrive backup is on the each time a folder is backed up to OneDrive, the creation date is the date of the backup to the Cloud

This happens of course, even if you have not changed edited or deleted or modified anything

Numerous requests have been made to Microsoft for this to be changed, but as far as I know it has not been and Microsoft have I think said it is unlikely it will

I could provide you with numerous examples but I doubt it would help you
    Here are a few
    Keeping Original Folder Creation Date – Feature Suggestions for Microsoft OneDrive

Keeping original creation/modification dates when uploadig – Feature Suggestions for Microsoft OneDrive

The link below may help you.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...c-7a7ea2bde4d0
    understand what I mean, but you would NOT I presume wish to follow that - as MOVE of course is not what you want.

Cheers I hope it helps a little
    Please stay safe yourself in the crisis
    Thanks for your best wishes and as it does really matter to you PLEASE do not hesitate to ask for further details if you need them.

Macboatmaster, Aug 28, 2020
  3. HairyFool Win User
    Library Folders and Onedrive

Keith

I have now done the Location Move on the folders affected

One change has shown up. Previously even though a Folder location was changed the original folder remained, you suggested deleting it after removing it from the Library. In the past I have left it where it was to allow programs that refer to the Documents
    folder via the UNC path to still have somewhere to drop files.

However after the move I found the Library now only had one path listed (in OneDrive) and it had been removed from the original location. So the result is as you suggested but I didn't have to do it.

I know there was an issue with build 1809 deleting files when it removed the folder (there were none in mine anyway) but this computer is build 1803.

HairyFool, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Put OneDrive files back to their original folders

onedrive duplicating my folders...

Hi.

Again, onedrive is going crazy and is duplicating my main folder, full of subfolders. It's locking me out of all my files. I have windows 10, Office 365 home. I paused synch at the moment before I have 1000 copy of my folder, which I can't open anyway!
    Please don't ask me any question that will further delay the repair. Simply give me a step by step solution and then improve onedrive so this won't happen again to so many of us. I suggest you also add "onedrive" in the list of "Windows Topics" below since
    thousands of users have issues with it.

Thanks

Michel

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Michel Chiangmai, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

Put OneDrive files back to their original folders

1. Put OneDrive files back to their original folders - Similar Threads - Put OneDrive files

2. Temporarily activated OneDrive. Need my files put back to original locations.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temporarily activated OneDrive. Need my files put back to original locations.: I downloaded OneDrive to try it out. However, I do not like how all the files have been pulled into a master OneDrive folder on my computer, and want everything returned to how I had it prior. Is there a "return all files to previous location" button, or do I have to do all...
  3. Temporarily activated OneDrive. Need my files put back to original locations.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temporarily activated OneDrive. Need my files put back to original locations.: I downloaded OneDrive to try it out. However, I do not like how all the files have been pulled into a master OneDrive folder on my computer, and want everything returned to how I had it prior. Is there a "return all files to previous location" button, or do I have to do all...
  4. Temporarily activated OneDrive. Need my files put back to original locations.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. is it possible to return onedrive files back to original folders on the pc? Thank you.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it possible to return onedrive files back to original folders on the pc? Thank you.: Hallo, ich habe seit 12. Jan. 2018 Daten in OneDrive und die Synchronisierung pausiert. Jetzt stelle ich fest dass ich an diese Daten rund 23,3 GB von 30GB möglichem Volumen nicht mehr runterlanden kann. Ich fühle mich reingelegt da ich von dieser gravierenden Änderung erst...
  6. is it possible to return onedrive files back to original folders on the pc? Thank you.

is it possible to return onedrive files back to original folders on the pc? Thank you.: Hallo, ich habe seit 12. Jan. 2018 Daten in OneDrive und die Synchronisierung pausiert. Jetzt stelle ich fest dass ich an diese Daten rund 23,3 GB von 30GB möglichem Volumen nicht mehr runterlanden kann. Ich fühle mich reingelegt da ich von dieser gravierenden Änderung erst...
  7. File History Not Backing Up Files in OneDrive Folder

File History Not Backing Up Files in OneDrive Folder: Goal: Create a backup of all of my Documents onto an external hard drive.I've had some problems with OneDrive missing or overwriting revisions of Word and Excel documents I work with on my laptop. I am the only one who works on these files. I do a lot of Ctrl-S and Save As as...
  8. File History Not Backing Up Files in OneDrive Folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History Not Backing Up Files in OneDrive Folder: Goal: Create a backup of all of my Documents onto an external hard drive.I've had some problems with OneDrive missing or overwriting revisions of Word and Excel documents I work with on my laptop. I am the only one who works on these files. I do a lot of Ctrl-S and Save As as...
  9. OneDrive - Restore Folders to original locations

OneDrive - Restore Folders to original locations: Win 10 Home How do I remove the default folders from OneDrive and restore to there original location - desktop, documents, pictures, etc? In other words - I do not want C:\users\...\OneDrive\Desktop just C:users\...\Desktop. Thanks, Darryl...
  10. Return files added to onedrive back to pc original folders

Return files added to onedrive back to pc original folders: is it possible to return onedrive files back to original folders on the pc? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/return-files-added-to-onedrive-back-to-pc-original/e01dc143-6177-4af9-9add-f79f8947aca2"